An Old School Catholic Message Board

Booze And Hohos

dairygirl4u2c

23 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

homeschoolmom

[quote name='IcePrincessKRS' post='1610346' date='Jul 27 2008, 10:51 PM']I totally thought that that said "booze and hobos"....[/quote]
:lol_pound:

so why is banning green an unjust law, but banning hoho's is a just law? both are unjust laws, as would be banning alcohol.

I don't think dairygirl was trying to ask that if the government outlawed just Hohos would it be like Prohibition, rather I think she was trying to say if the government started to regulate fatty foods, basically banning anything high in fat, would that be the equilvent of outlawing alcohol?

In my opinion the answer is yes.

[quote name='Aloysius' post='1611160' date='Jul 28 2008, 10:50 PM']so why is banning green an unjust law, but banning hoho's is a just law? both are unjust laws, as would be banning alcohol.[/quote]

Hi, Al.

I was curious why we were arguing, because I had thought that I had agreed with you a couple of posts ago that banning hohos would be overstepping governmental bounds. Oops! Must have erased that part in the editing process. :lol:

So yes, I do agree with you. Because I see no just reason for the government to ban hohos (this sounds so overdone), I do believe that banning them would be unjust.

Peace,
Kris