An Old School Catholic Message Board

Responsibility Of Men And Women

rizz_loves_jesus

Madame Vengier

[quote name='KnightofChrist' post='1606716' date='Jul 23 2008, 07:17 PM']The head is what tells the body to walk, to eat, to sleep, to talk, etc etc etc.[/quote]

What's the point of the head telling the body to do anything if the body's parts aren't there or don't work as they should?

MissScripture

[quote name='Madame Vengier' post='1606717' date='Jul 23 2008, 07:18 PM']Couples actually divorce over this, can you believe it? So silly! Families need money. Who CARES which partner most of it comes from, right? It's all a blessing. It would be different it you were a slacker who didn't work or didn't work as much as you could and just laid around letting your woman bring in all the money. But this isn't the case. Like, if one partner is a lawyer and one partner is a high school teacher. A lawyer is going to make more money, period. But who cares? Being a teacher is something to really be proud of and you have to be smart and talented to be a teacher. So there's a lot of pride in that. The money balance is inconsequential. What matters is working hard and being good at what you do and contributing to your family and to society. That's what matters.[/quote]
The situation was the same with my parents, my mom being a nurse and my dad being a custom cabinet builder who got stuck working in a foundry for several years. There was a priest who actually refused to marry them, because he didn't believe that my dad could be okay with my mom making more money than him. They both love what they do, so it doesn't matter to either of them who makes more, becaue they're both happy and they can pay the bills.

KnightofChrist

[quote name='Madame Vengier' post='1606719' date='Jul 23 2008, 07:19 PM']What's the point of the head telling the body to do anything if the body's parts aren't there or don't work as they should?[/quote]

Without a head, or leadership there is only chaos.

Roamin Catholic

[quote name='Madame Vengier' post='1606717' date='Jul 23 2008, 07:18 PM']Couples actually divorce over this, can you believe it? So silly! Families need money. Who CARES which partner most of it comes from, right? It's all a blessing. It would be different it you were a slacker who didn't work or didn't work as much as you could and just laid around letting your woman bring in all the money. But this isn't the case. Like, if one partner is a lawyer and one partner is a high school teacher. A lawyer is going to make more money, period. But who cares? Being a teacher is something to really be proud of and you have to be smart and talented to be a teacher. So there's a lot of pride in that. The money balance is inconsequential. What matters is working hard and being good at what you do and contributing to your family and to society. That's what matters.[/quote]

Sounds about right, Sarah is going to have a doctorate in physical therapy and I'll be working in sports (takes a decent amount of time to get into a position that pays really well) and I have absolutely no problem making less, because I don't care about how much money I pull in compared to her, I just care that there will be enough money to take of the family.