An Old School Catholic Message Board

Off To The Mountains & Hanceville (hopefully!)

DeoOptimoMaximo

Guest phatdaddy

[quote name='DeoOptimoMaximo' post='1633926' date='Aug 21 2008, 07:03 PM']Yes I am inquiring with the Fathers of Mercy.

Are they friendly towards the Extraordinary Form and Latin?

Thanks![/quote]

The Fathers of Mercy follow and live by the teachings of the Catholic Church - all of the teachings as presented by the Church. The Extraordinary Form (EF) and the Latin Novus Ordo and the venacular Novus Ordo are all legitimate liturgies in the Roman Right and so I would say they could not and would not object to any of these valid liturgies.

However, they normally say the venacular Novus Ordo as a matter of practice. Till now, as far as I know, they have not been trained in the EF and that is probably because the wide spread approval to say the EF is realitively recent.

I would encourage you to inquire and test the call to that community. God will lead you in the direction He wills and He will operate through your desires and your nature.

Respectfully, Mr. Ray

[quote name='rosamundi' post='1633738' date='Aug 21 2008, 04:27 PM']I think there may be some crossed wires here. DeOptimusMaximus (DOM), is a guy, and visited Hanceville to talk to the (male) Franciscan Missionaries of the Eternal Word. Chesteron is a girl, and will be entering the Poor Clares of Perpetual Adoration* as a postulant.

No?

*yay![/quote]
Yes, you are absolutely right--about me anyway :) Sorry for the confusion. I probably also muddled things with my username! I'm just such a huge fan of his that I decided to adopt his name for my username. I'm new to PM, but I love it. There are so many kindred spirits here! We can pray for eachother's discernment:)

Edited by chesterton

[quote name='Beatus' post='1633659' date='Aug 21 2008, 02:28 PM']+JMJ+

May God bless you! FOREVER AND EVER as HIS HOLY AND EVER VIRGIN BRIDE!

Pax et Bonum,

Beatus[/quote]
Thank you--it's pretty swell being engaged to Him. I'll probably explode from the joy of being married to Him :)

VeniteAdoremus

[quote name='chesterton' post='1635320' date='Aug 23 2008, 07:22 AM']Thank you--it's pretty swell being engaged to Him. I'll probably explode from the joy of being married to Him :)[/quote]

:hehehe: Know the feeling :)

I called Jesus my boyfriend once, as a half-joke. I hope that's not too blasphemic... It currently feels most like going steady :)

[quote name='VeniteAdoremus' post='1635392' date='Aug 23 2008, 04:41 AM']:hehehe: Know the feeling :)

I called Jesus my boyfriend once, as a half-joke. I hope that's not too blasphemic... It currently feels most like going steady :)[/quote]
I don't think it's blasphemic at all. It's simply a metaphor for Christ's relationship to the Church, His bride. I know lots of nuns feel that way about Jesus. I used to think I was crazy until I met entire monasteries full of nuns who felt the same way. If we're crazy, then at least we are in good company :) I'll pray for you and your vocation journey!

VeniteAdoremus

[quote name='puellapaschalis' post='1635683' date='Aug 23 2008, 10:49 PM']<off-topic>
It's not blasphemic, it's blasphemous.
Only...not.
If you get me.
</off-topic>[/quote]

Got you. :)

I think all of Phatmass should learn Dutch so that I won't make stupid mistakes again.

puellapaschalis

[quote name='VeniteAdoremus' post='1636499' date='Aug 24 2008, 01:12 PM']I think all of Phatmass should learn Dutch so that I won't make stupid mistakes again.[/quote]

Hell no, I like being able to jabber on here and throw in enough non-standard spellings to ensure that you're the only one who can understand me :P

[quote name='puellapaschalis' post='1636533' date='Aug 24 2008, 09:20 AM']Hell no, I like being able to jabber on here and throw in enough non-standard spellings to ensure that you're the only one who can understand me :P[/quote]
Oh yikes--sorry :) I make stupid mistakes like that sometimes. Actually more often than sometimes :)

VeniteAdoremus

[quote name='chesterton' post='1636586' date='Aug 24 2008, 06:12 PM']Oh yikes--sorry :) I make stupid mistakes like that sometimes. Actually more often than sometimes :)[/quote]

PP was referring to her and mine (and 17.000.000 other people's) secret language :)
Sorry for hijacking your thread!

[quote name='VeniteAdoremus' post='1636590' date='Aug 24 2008, 11:16 AM']PP was referring to her and mine (and 17.000.000 other people's) secret language :)
Sorry for hijacking your thread![/quote]
No problem--you did no such thing. I am just new to PM and don't really know the ins and outs yet :)

[quote name='chesterton' post='1632177' date='Aug 19 2008, 09:21 PM']Praise God! I'll be praying for you--when are you going? God willing, I'll be there in December as a postulant.[/quote]

That's AWESOME! I have a friend that's a novice there... it is so beautiful! Good Luck!

[quote name='sunnysideup' post='1638130' date='Aug 25 2008, 08:41 PM']That's AWESOME! I have a friend that's a novice there... it is so beautiful! Good Luck![/quote]
Thanks! Who is your friend? Maybe I met her. Pray for me--it will be the adventure of a lifetime!

[quote name='chesterton' post='1638978' date='Aug 26 2008, 07:56 PM']Thanks! Who is your friend? Maybe I met her. Pray for me--it will be the adventure of a lifetime![/quote]

Sr. Cecilia... I actually just met her before she entered but I'm really close with her sister and was lucky enough to be there for Sister's Investment... such an amazing experience!!

Definate prayers!!