An Old School Catholic Message Board

Off To The Mountains & Hanceville (hopefully!)

DeoOptimoMaximo

DeoOptimoMaximo

Hi Phamily,

Just checkin' it, here!

As some of you may remember, I left the Pontifical College Josephinum seminary (studying for the Glenmary Home Missioners of America) in November 2007 and then transferred to Ave Maria University & lived with its Pre-Theologate program... Participated in a retreat with the CFR's here at Ave last weekend, nice!

This summer, I have been working/studying & writing my thesis on home missionary work here on campus and now am heading for a camping trip with my folks...

Gonna check out the southern Appalachians in northern Georgia, then hopefully off on pilgrimage to northern Alabama and the EWTN studios and the Shrine of the Most Blessed Sacrament...( depending on my mom's health... she has non-hodgkin's lymphoma)

Been taking a vocation detour lately, but still am considering Franciscan life, so hopefully will get to talk with the MFVA's and the Knights of the Holy Eucharist...

Please keep me in your prayers, you are in mine!!!!!

Remember the Lord certainly works in mysterious ways; there are no such things as coincidences, only "God-incidences"!

"Only when we look up, do we see how small our daily crosses really are!"

May the Lord bless you and keep you in your discernment

I love my German shepherd-B16!

• 1 month later...
servus Mariae

Awesome! Praise God that you continue to seek His Will. My sister is taking a look at the CFR sisters....although we both agree that the Friars are way cooler! :)

Be assured of my prayers!

DeoOptimoMaximo

[quote name='chesterton' post='1632177' date='Aug 19 2008, 10:21 PM']Praise God! I'll be praying for you--when are you going? God willing, I'll be there in December as a postulant.[/quote]

Thanks for the prayers! Our trip went well! The Shrine is such a beautiful oasis!!!!

Prayers for your Vocation Journey!

[quote name='DeoOptimoMaximo' post='1633216' date='Aug 20 2008, 10:16 PM']Thanks for the prayers! Our trip went well! The Shrine is such a beautiful oasis!!!!

Prayers for your Vocation Journey![/quote]
Thank you--I'll pray for you when I am "inside" (and now, too:)

+JMJ+
Excuse me, I was just CORRECTED! I saw Hanceville and thought you were going to the Monastery of the Angels! YIKES YIKES YIKES. My bad! May you be blessed as the ever Virgin Bride of the Holy Church!
Please forgive my mistake!
In embarrassment and humility,
Beatus

[quote name='Beatus' post='1633701' date='Aug 21 2008, 09:13 PM']+JMJ+I saw Hanceville and thought you were going to the Monastery of the Angels! Beatus[/quote]

I think there may be some crossed wires here. DeOptimusMaximus (DOM), is a guy, and visited Hanceville to talk to the (male) Franciscan Missionaries of the Eternal Word. Chesteron is a girl, and will be entering the Poor Clares of Perpetual Adoration* as a postulant.

No?

*yay!

Guest phatdaddy

Greetings DOM,

Have you considered the Fathers of Mercy, near Bowling Green KY? Very good group and very orthodox.

Peace,
Mr. Ray

servus Mariae

[quote name='phatdaddy' post='1633747' date='Aug 21 2008, 04:50 PM']Greetings DOM,

Have you considered the Fathers of Mercy, near Bowling Green KY? Very good group and very orthodox.

Peace,
Mr. Ray[/quote]

THEY ROCK!!!!! Especially Fr. Bill Casey! I love those Priests! :o)

DeoOptimoMaximo

Yes I am inquiring with the Fathers of Mercy.

Are they friendly towards the Extraordinary Form and Latin?

Thanks!