An Old School Catholic Message Board

Hell

Hassan

LouisvilleFan

[quote name='Balthazor' post='1605054' date='Jul 22 2008, 04:37 AM']Speaking as a natural instigator that likes to shake things up.

Sometimes the motivation for our actions is not love or acceptance, but rather just because we like to instigate. I mean I have a lot of fu with the Jehovah's witnesses that knock on my door. I would like to say it is love that is my full and honest motivation. But in the background there is that natural tendancy to instigate trouble.

Please do not take me as a typical Catholic, (or a typical human) I am quite strange in my rational for doing things. But the comment on the gay pride parade just lead me to point this out. If I were gay I would probably march not so much because I wanted love and acceptance, but because it shook up things.[/quote]

Good point, although most of the people who like to shake things up are doing it to seek attention, which in itself is a form of acceptance and love from others.

[quote name='Balthazor' post='1605058' date='Jul 22 2008, 01:57 AM']As for Hell.
I think that everyone has a different idea of hell.
In my mind Hell is simply the deprivation of God, just like cold is simply the lack of warmth.

For me a place without God's love is the worst place imaginable. For those of us who choose to reject God, hell is real. We naturally long to be with God, and separation from Him is torture to a soul.

In Complete honesty, the fear of a classical hell does not usually even cross my mind. When I am in Mortal sin I go to confession more because my heart is in such pain because of the distance and the barrier that I have set up between God and I can not bear it to remain.

Heaven on the other hand is to me the fulfillment of a lifetime of longing, for that aching to rejoin God to be quenched in the ecstasy of His love.

I think that some of us are more sensitive than others to this feeling of longing for God or being able to feel the separation from God. But for those that do not believe that God is real or true let me say this. When you do something kind, something selfless that helps another no matter how large or small, that feeling of joy that you recieve from that selfless action is the feeling of becoming closer to complete communion with God. If you can imagine a place where this kindness, selflessness and love does not exist.... that is hell.
In this way we bring hell upon ourselves. Our kind and loving God gives us ample motivation to join with Him, and I think that it takes a very persistantly stubborn person to resist the call to goodness and dare I say holiness.[/quote]+J.M.J.+
totally agreed. :)) us redheads are on the same wavelength. ;)

[quote name='Balthazor' post='1605501' date='Jul 22 2008, 05:25 PM']:)) I missed you too red![/quote]
+J.M.J.+
:blowkiss: i can't help it, i'm stalking you all over the phorums :hehe: