An Old School Catholic Message Board

Odd Problem I Just Thought Off

Galloglasses

Kirisutodo333

[quote name='mommas_boy' post='1598424' date='Jul 12 2008, 02:34 AM']Ditto. What he said.[/quote]

Ditto deux.

Kirisutodo333

[quote name='Autumn Dusk' post='1599239' date='Jul 13 2008, 04:35 PM']First, Satan is an angel, and last I knew angels and humans don't get it on, as they do't have a set bodily form.

Second, angels are afraid to make their own choices as much as any other creature, especially higher order ones like angels and humans.

We use the term "devil child" in fun, but in reality its so far from the truth its ridiculous. *IF* you somehow got pregnant by the devil, the child would at worst have the innate characteristics of the devil which are extreme intelligence...and not the secondary characteristic of being the root of all evil.

So if i were carrying the spawn of Satan would I kill it? No, murder is murder. It'd be the same as going back in time and killing Hitler or Ted Bundy. It might not make a historical difference, beucase they were people of their time. And like America (and others) have learned countless times during war, overthrowing one dictator can be the worst choice possible after finding out what his replacement acts like.[/quote]

[quote]First, Satan is an angel, and last I knew angels and humans don't get it on, as they do't have a set bodily form.[/quote]

Nephilim? Book of Enoch?

[quote name='mortify' post='1598257' date='Jul 11 2008, 08:32 PM']Just playing devil's advocate :smokey:[/quote]
Considering you're planning to kill his child, I don't think you're doing a very good job. ;)

This would, of course, be a moot point, because that is a movie and almost surely can't happen. (Satan would first have to exist, and then successfully impregnate a woman. (And if Satan exists, then it's much more likely that God exists. So then couldn't God just cause the zygote not to attach to the mother? It happens a lot already, even when there isn't a supreme being working against it.))

[quote name='Winchester' post='1599284' date='Jul 13 2008, 04:46 PM']Angels are Spirit and Will. They have no corporeal form, so it's not going to happen.[/quote]
Does God have a corporeal form?

[quote name='Winchester' post='1599295' date='Jul 13 2008, 04:53 PM']God the Father, God the Son or God the Holy Spirit?[/quote]
Which one impregnated Mary?

[quote name='JustJ' post='1599296' date='Jul 13 2008, 04:54 PM']Which one impregnated Mary?[/quote]
I believe the Holy Spirit was credited as causing Mary to be with child, but as God is not a creature, comparing His actions with those of preternatural creatures really isn't proper.

But nice try.

[quote name='Winchester' post='1599302' date='Jul 13 2008, 04:58 PM']I believe the Holy Spirit was credited as causing Mary to be with child, but as God is not a creature, comparing His actions with those of preternatural creatures really isn't proper.

But nice try.[/quote]
But you say that God caused Mary to have a child without the need for a corporeal form.

Why is this untrue for other spirits? :)

No, I didn't. You said that.

God caused Mary to be with child and that child was the Son of God.

Angelic beings, being only creatures of spirit and will are incapable of impregnating a woman.

I'm not merely playing; I will put a real answer up in a little, but I really need to take a shower, right now.

I am going to ask a few questions to pinpoint where I messed up in my logic. Please play along to help me out here.

Yes or no, does the Holy Spirit have a corporeal form?

Edited by JustJ

[quote name='Autumn Dusk' post='1599312' date='Jul 13 2008, 05:18 PM']the holy spirit is a part of God. God can do whatever he wants. Angels can't, hell proves that.[/quote]
Stop spoiling my fun. :<

I was trying to gradually get around to this...

Him: No.
Me: Did the Holy Spirit cause Mary to be pregnant?
Him: Yes.
Me: You said that "Angels are Spirit and Will. They have no corporeal form, so it's not going to happen." The Holy Spirit is Spirit and Will. It has no corporeal form. Therefore, your argument is invalid. Your conclusion is correct, but I'm trying to show you why that is not a good enough explanation.