An Old School Catholic Message Board

Hairdresser Is Sued For Refusing A Job To Woman In Headscarf

Lil Red

Madame Vengier

[quote name='rizz_loves_jesus' post='1590176' date='Jul 3 2008, 12:34 PM']Did it say in the job description that one had to show their hair while working in the salon?[/quote]

Probably not. It would be like putting up a sign saying you should use an umbrella when it's raining.

Madame Vengier

[quote name='Apotheoun' post='1590269' date='Jul 3 2008, 01:49 PM']I prefer [url="http://memritv.org/"]MemriTV[/url].[/quote]

Memri is excellent. So is Jihad Watch. And Dhimmi Watch.

Madame Vengier

[quote name='Apotheoun' post='1590283' date='Jul 3 2008, 02:01 PM']Yes, I do. But what I like about MemriTV is that the information is taken from Islamic televsion.[/quote]

Nitpicking and disparaging the sources (Memri, Jihad Watch, etc...there are hundreds of them...Gates of Vienna, Creeping Sharia, Sons of Apes and Pigs, The Opinionator, and on and on) that bring public awareness to Islamic terror and oppression is only meant to divert attention away from addressing the real issue: [u]Islamic terror and oppression[/u]. Criticizing the source of the information instead of facing the information itself is a tactical maneuver meant to discredit those who are fighting against global Islamic jihad by the dissemination of news items. I don't have any patience for it.

Edited by Madame Vengier

puellapaschalis

How can a hairstylist's hairdo fairly represent his own work? Can a hairdresser cut his own hair?

CatherineM

Mad V- I've been meaning to ask you who's in your new avatar? Is that also Paris or someone else? I saw a bizarre picture of Obama's wife the other day that I thought you might enjoy, then I got busy doing something else, and couldn't remember where I'd seen it.

Madame Vengier

[quote name='puellapaschalis' post='1590378' date='Jul 3 2008, 03:48 PM']How can a hairstylist's hairdo fairly represent his own work? Can a hairdresser cut his own hair?[/quote]

I said they represent the salons they work for.

They may not cut their own hair but they certainly do style it themselves before they go into work to represent their salons.

Archaeology cat

[quote name='puellapaschalis' post='1590378' date='Jul 3 2008, 09:48 PM']How can a hairstylist's hairdo fairly represent his own work? Can a hairdresser cut his own hair?[/quote]
I sometimes cut my own hair. I mean, it's nothing elaborate, but I can do it about as well as my stylist can, since I usually get simple cuts. :idontknow: