An Old School Catholic Message Board

Is It Moral To Wear Abercrombie & Fitch?

Fidei Defensor

30 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Brother Adam

It's a sin to waste money like that. $80 for a pair of beat up jeans with holes in them. Buy jeans for $20 at another store and give the $60 to charity if you have that much extra cash.

A&F never had any clothes that looked very good on me. I stick to Aeropostale...and look drop-dead gorgeous all the time. :)

J/K...of course...

• 4 weeks later...

[quote name='friendofJPII' post='1610999' date='Jul 28 2008, 08:41 PM']I still don't understand why a company would use naked people to advertise clothes?[/quote]

Hahaha - that's an excellent point.

Personally I don't like A&F. I like the nudist idea.

friendofJPII

[quote name='BlueRose' post='1611002' date='Jul 28 2008, 06:46 PM']Hahaha - that's an excellent point.

Personally I don't like A&F. I like the nudist idea.[/quote]

I voted "yes" it is immoral because of their blatant use of teenage sexuality in thier ads. Of course, they (sadly) are not the only company to do this, but they are more "in your face" about it. Besides most of their clothes are immodest.

[quote name='friendofJPII' post='1611025' date='Jul 28 2008, 09:18 PM']I voted "yes" it is immoral because of their blatant use of teenage sexuality in thier ads. Of course, they (sadly) are not the only company to do this, but they are more "in your face" about it. Besides most of their clothes are immodest.[/quote]

'Tis why I never shop there. Have you ever caught one of their catalogs? Lots of innuendo.

But I lean more toward the punky/coffeeshop style anyway. (Also A&F is expensive, as another failure...)

Edited by BlueRose

Though I wouldn't say it's objectively wrong to wear A&F (so if I got a shirt from there as a gift I might wear it to sleep in) I don't shop there or wear their clothes because I don't want to give scandal.

It is okay to wear A&F. What is wrong is when the employees of the store tell people who can remember world war 2 that they will be cool if they dress like their teenage grandkids. My grandma does not need to be wearing the booty shorts and the halter tops.

friendofJPII

Yeah, I guess it is not objectively wrong for someone to wear A & F clothes if they were given as a gift. There is no "official Church teaching" on the matter, but I given their advertising, my conscience would lend me to avoid that store. Besides, in our mall, the rock music coming out of that store is so blaring, I don't want to go in.

[quote name='nowak.chris' post='1588171' date='Jul 1 2008, 10:32 AM']They don't like their customers walking around w/o shirts though ([url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jdeBp8J0rqs"]111 guys tried it in NY[/url])[/quote]

LAWL!

hey, its tied 9.9.9.

Cool.