An Old School Catholic Message Board

Sign Given

praying4carmel

cathoholic_anonymous

God bless you, Nancy.

Does it feel strange to be looking at the Benedictines after 'praying for Carmel' all this while? I ask because I get the feeling that my own discernment is about to be tipped upside down. (Jesus and I are currently arm-wrestling over the issue.)

the lords sheep

Nancy,
God bless you for your courage to say yes to the Lord, even though it's contrary to what you thought your plans were. Thank you so much for being about to set aside your own will and challenge me to do the same.

[quote name='Cathoholic Anonymous' post='1588362' date='Jul 1 2008, 08:30 PM']Does it feel strange to be looking at the Benedictines after 'praying for Carmel' all this while? I ask because I get the feeling that my own discernment is about to be tipped upside down. (Jesus and I are currently arm-wrestling over the issue.)[/quote]
Wow... arm-wrestling- that's exactly how I would put it. I'm still fighting, although I've slowly started to come to terms with forfeiting (because, you know, one doesn't really lose in giving in to the Lord...)

praying4carmel

[quote name='Cathoholic Anonymous' post='1588362' date='Jul 1 2008, 04:30 PM']God bless you, Nancy.

Does it feel strange to be looking at the Benedictines after 'praying for Carmel' all this while? I ask because I get the feeling that my own discernment is about to be tipped upside down. (Jesus and I are currently arm-wrestling over the issue.)[/quote]

Oh Yes! CA!

But I wouldn't have it any other way. My heart is so happy! The trick was really trying to let go and not force the issue. To stay open..Much harder than it looks.

Sr. Annamae, the Prioress at Cleveland Carmel and I spoke yesterday, and she also emailed me a beautiful letter as well. They are a great group of women. I will always love them and be in contact with them.

Praying for you too!

The hardest thing is to sort all this out....but when you say yes YES YES YES(sort of like your own Annunciation), wonderful things can happen. The Lord's way is not our own...and it can take you down paths you never even thought of. To be open, to take that chance, is what following Jesus is all about. It will only bring you much peace(and sure, some trials, but you are still a mortal with all the human feelings wrapped up in you). When you say yes, and follow that contrary path that did not after all lead to Carmel, you put away what YOUR wishes are and said Yes to what Jesus might have been whispering into your heart.
God be with you always.
AliceMary

Sister Rose Therese

So glad to here it. It's funny how God's gets through to us sometimes.
God bless!

Our God is so good--and so are you for sharing your journey with us. Prayers, prayers, and more prayers. :bounce:

praying4carmel

God Bless you and thank you to everyone. I really need your Prayers right now, that I can clear my Debt Quickly as I have been approved for application!!
AND they want to step on the Gas and get me in By OCTOBER! Yikes! I thought it would be January!! Pray I sell another House, I've got a closing coming up at the end of the month.

Love,
+
Nancy