An Old School Catholic Message Board

Hiv Resurges In Men Who Have Sex With Men

Paladin D

Madame Vengier

[quote name='Maggie' post='1584541' date='Jun 27 2008, 12:57 AM']This part confuses me. I guess these guys are just "experimenting" and so don't fall into the category of homosexual?

When I saw the term MSM I almost fell off my chair because in the circles I move in, that acronym refers to "mainstream media," not... men who have sex with men.[/quote]

These may not be experimentation cases but rather men on "the down low", aka "the DL". This was underground in the black community for years (and still is) and pretty much unknown until a black journalist broke the story a few years back. He wrote a very long article on it which I read and I was just shocked that such a thing exists. It goes deeper than sex. It's something psycho-sexual. These men actually believe they are heterosexual (which is utter nonsense) and that what they do in secret is just a fetish. But they refuse to use condoms so they contract AIDS on a massive scale and then take it back home to their wives and girlfriends. This is why the black community in America has the highest rate (and fastest growing) of AIDS cases in the country.

[quote name='Madame Vengier' post='1584865' date='Jun 27 2008, 01:37 PM']The revolt of nature against aberrant sexual behavior.

I used to volunteer with the Missionaries of Charity working with their femals AIDS patients. Never as long as I live will I forget what a horrible, horrible disease AIDS is and how it ravages the body from the inside out. If AIDS hasn't been a wake-up call for sexual deviants and drug users then I don't know what ever will be.[/quote]

Vital Statistics

Worldwide:
[list]
[*]Over 22 million people have died from AIDS.
[*]Over 42 million people are living with HIV/AIDS, and 74 percent of these infected people live in sub-Saharan Africa.
[*]Over 19 million women are living with HIV/AIDS.
[*]By the year 2010, five countries (Ethiopia, Nigeria, China, India, and Russia) with 40 percent of the world's population will add 50 to 75 million infected people to the worldwide pool of HIV disease. [url="http://www.until.org/ads.shtml"][img]http://www.until.org/images/xKevinBacon.jpg[/img][/url]
[*]There are 14,000 new infections every day (95 percent in developing countries). HIV/AIDS is a "disease of young people" with half of the 5 million new infections each year occurring among people ages 15 to 24.
[*]The UN estimates that, currently, there are 14 million AIDS orphans and that by 2010 there will be 25 million.
[/list]United States:
[list]
[*]An estimated one million people are currently living with HIV in the United States, with approximately 40,000 new infections occurring each year.
[*]70 percent of these new infections occur in men and 30 percent occur in women.
[*]By race, 54 percent of the new infections in the United States occur among African Americans, and 64 percent of the new infections in women occur in African American women.
[*]75 percent of the new infections in women are heterosexually transmitted.
[*]Half of all new infections in the United States occur in people 25 years of age or younger.
[/list]Really is too bad that nature included wiping out women and childen and leaving so many orphans. You would think it would have fine tuned it a bit more.

Madame Vengier

[quote name='Justin86' post='1584551' date='Jun 27 2008, 01:08 AM']I don't know how true it is, but some very smart people have told me that actual cases of HIV resulting from heterosexual contact are minimal at best. It is mostly occurs in men that have sex with men, apparently.[/quote]

Not that I'm an expert but I also believe this is true. The major cases of AIDS contraction among non-gays is through intravaneous drug use. That is then passed through heterosexual intercourse. Then there is a small number of those who contract it through blood transfusions or through rape. But the vast majority of the cases are gay men. It may be unkind but it's not inaccurate to call AIDS "a gay disease". Homosexual men have foisted this horrible disease upon the world. And I have nothing but pity for them because it's a dreadful disease and I wouldn't wish it on anyone. But even with all the knowledge that's out there AIDS continues to grow. That means gay men continue to be careless and irresponsible with their deviant behavior. They haven't learned anything it seems.

In America it is a homosexual disease. In Africa it is mainly a heterosexual disease which is pretty interesting to me.

[quote name='picchick' post='1584888' date='Jun 27 2008, 01:49 PM']In America it is a homosexual disease. In Africa it is mainly a heterosexual disease which is pretty interesting to me.[/quote]

Probably why a lot of people don't care about the issue very much.

Madame Vengier

[quote name='CatherineM' post='1584722' date='Jun 27 2008, 10:04 AM']Their behavior only changed the first time when they started burying their friends every week. That's probably what it will take again with this group that wasn't born when the disease first started killing.[/quote]

I think what has happened is that thanks to medical advances it now takes years for HIV to advance to AIDS and then several more years for AIDS to advance to death. Back in the 80s when HIV first came on the scene there were no medications to help this disease because it was a total blank slate for the medical community. So they were dying very, very quickly. And horrible deaths, I might add. But as the years have passed there are all sorts of medications developed to slow the advancement of the disease. They stay healthier way longer and I think for this reason they are not as scared as they used to be. Nowadays people don't have to watch their loved ones die a miserable death from "wasting disease" or watch them go out of their minds from brain deterioration. So the sense of horror for the disease isn't there anymore. I think this is a major reason why gay men don't seem all that worried about it like they used to.

[quote name='picchick' post='1584888' date='Jun 27 2008, 01:49 PM']In America it is a homosexual disease. In Africa it is mainly a heterosexual disease [b]which is pretty interesting to me[/b].[/quote]

[quote name='Deb' post='1584891' date='Jun 27 2008, 01:53 PM']Probably why a lot of people don't care about the issue very much.[/quote]

Yeah. Most people seem disinterested in anything that picchick cares about. :P j/k

Madame Vengier

[quote name='picchick' post='1584888' date='Jun 27 2008, 12:49 PM']In America it is a homosexual disease. In Africa it is mainly a heterosexual disease which is pretty interesting to me.[/quote]

Ugh. I just wrote a long reply and when I hit send it disappeared. Annoying. Here's the gist of it: I believe there is something going on in Africa very similar to the underground DL community here in America. Many parts of Africa have very, very strange practices. It would not surprise me if African men aren't engaging in homosexual acts on the side, either totally in secret or as a practice that's an "open secret", i.e. something that has long been part of their culture and they don't understand what's wrong with it. Even in some parts of Africa where they are Christians the pastors and priests have a hard time breaking them from certain deeply inculcated pagan practices. They struggle to teach the baptized that certain practices are incompatible with Christian living and they simply must stop doing them. Certainly sexual issues are a big problem. They have rampant adultery, rampant sex with young girls, multiple wives, concubines, etc. It would not suprise me if there is homosexuality (or bestiality or both) there though I doubt they would admit to it as such. Actually, I'm convinced of it. And I bet the relief workers and people who go there to work with them know what's going on and won't address it becuase that would make it "a gay issue" and just prove further than AIDS is a homosexual disease. It would be very politically incorrect to tell the truth to the world (if my theory is correct) that Africa's AIDS epidemic stems from an undercurrent of homosexual deviancy in their culture. No, they will never admit to that if it's true. They just want to throw condoms at them, promote sterilization of the women and give free abortions. Yeah, that'll fix it. 'Cause it's worked so well in the West!

Oh, I just want to add a note to say that many African Christian communities are totally devout in their Faith and they have created thriving and vibrant societies. The above comments certainly don't apply to all Africans nor to all African Christian communities.

Edited by Madame Vengier

catholicinsd

[quote name='Madame Vengier' post='1584865' date='Jun 27 2008, 01:37 PM']I used to volunteer with the Missionaries of Charity working with their femals AIDS patients.[/quote]
I find this hard to believe.

Edited by catholicinsd

Madame Vengier

[quote name='catholicinsd' post='1584912' date='Jun 27 2008, 01:23 PM']I find this hard to believe.[/quote]

You're rude.

Galloglasses

Actually, I think there was a story of AIDs originating in Africa because native religious practices allowed multiple marriages. Can anyone verify this?

[quote name='mommas_boy' post='1584897' date='Jun 27 2008, 02:00 PM']Yeah. Most people seem disinterested in anything that picchick cares about. :P j/k[/quote]

Yeah...pretty much ;) :cool: :lol:

[quote name='Madame Vengier' post='1584910' date='Jun 27 2008, 02:14 PM']Ugh. I just wrote a long reply and when I hit send it disappeared. Annoying. Here's the gist of it: I believe there is something going on in Africa very similar to the underground DL community here in America. Many parts of Africa have very, very strange practices. It would not surprise me if African men aren't engaging in homosexual acts on the side, either totally in secret or as a practice that's an "open secret", i.e. something that has long been part of their culture and they don't understand what's wrong with it. Even in some parts of Africa where they are Christians the pastors and priests have a hard time breaking them from certain deeply inculcated pagan practices. They struggle to teach the baptized that certain practices are incompatible with Christian living and they simply must stop doing them. Certainly sexual issues are a big problem. They have rampant adultery, rampant sex with young girls, multiple wives, concubines, etc. It would not suprise me if there is homosexuality (or bestiality or both) there though I doubt they would admit to it as such. Actually, I'm convinced of it. And I bet the relief workers and people who go there to work with them know what's going on and won't address it becuase that would make it "a gay issue" and just prove further than AIDS is a homosexual disease. It would be very politically incorrect to tell the truth to the world (if my theory is correct) that Africa's AIDS epidemic stems from an undercurrent of homosexual deviancy in their culture. No, they will never admit to that if it's true. They just want to throw condoms at them, promote sterilization of the women and give free abortions. Yeah, that'll fix it. 'Cause it's worked so well in the West!

Oh, I just want to add a note to say that many African Christian communities are totally devout in their Faith and they have created thriving and vibrant societies. The above comments certainly don't apply to all Africans nor to all African Christian communities.[/quote]
I totally agree with you on the state of Africa. I also think that there are homosexual relations going on in the country that are not being discussed. However, with the practices that go on there, I still think that the majority of the AIDS occurs due to heterosexual relations. Furthermore, unlike the US, the women breastfeed the babies. AIDS is transmitted in breastmilk. However, it is better for them to breastfeed rather than use formula because 1, it is expensive; 2, the water is not the best down there and it could kill children; 3, often times they will not dilute the formula the right way (a very common problem everywhere). Also, the women can transmit it to their children through birth. In the US they can perform a C-section and try to pervent some transmission between mother and baby.

I agree also on the condom thing with you. They are not solving the problem of AIDS in Africa through condoms, abortions and sterilization. Instead they need to teach morality from a culture point of view.

[quote name='catholicinsd' post='1584912' date='Jun 27 2008, 02:23 PM']I find this hard to believe.[/quote]

Dude will you stop it???? I am getting tired of you insulting people.

catholicinsd

You just called AIDS a 'gay' illness. This stereo-type should not becoming from someone that claims to used to work with patients of this terrible illness.

I believe what Madame was saying is that it is a gay disease seeing that it is contracted mainly through gay sex.

Many heterosexuals have this but in America it is mainly a disease that strikes gays. At least this is what I learned in school.