An Old School Catholic Message Board

All The Cool People

Resurrexi

Roamin Catholic

[quote name='MIkolbe' post='1580550' date='Jun 23 2008, 05:04 PM']you're gonna do it anyways, aintcha!?!?!?!?!?!?[/quote]

already did, but the mirror had to go and break itself.

:mellow:

[quote name='StThomasMore' post='1580467' date='Jun 23 2008, 05:25 PM']Go to the Extraordinary Form. Or to the Ordinary Form celebrated like the Extraordinary Form. Or to the Eastern Rite. Yah. You know it's true.[/quote]
Wow you are SO cool!

[img]http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y218/blink822/th_puker.gif[/img]

Madtown Sem.

Ordinary Form celebrated like the Extraordinary Form

What does that even mean? OF in Latin? The two forms are significantly different. HOWEVER, I really like the EF. There seems to be no opportunities for irreverence. I spose if the bishops and presbyterate actually demanded some orthodoxy with the Novus Ordo they might get it, such has been my experience.

Edited by Madtown Sem.

[quote name='Madtown Sem.' post='1580573' date='Jun 23 2008, 04:13 PM']Ordinary Form celebrated like the Extraordinary Form[/quote]

In Latin, ad orientem, Communion kneeling and on the tongue, Roman Canon used, etc.

[quote name='StThomasMore' post='1580570' date='Jun 23 2008, 04:12 PM']I thought there were more EF people at phatmass...[/quote]
why you gotta cause divisions where there should be none?

EF people

NO people

IANWP people :mellow:

srsly.

I am Catholic.

:)

haveaniceday.

dominicansoul

Love the Latin Mass...I'm clueless to whatever terms are used to describe it....

I love the Latin Mass...but I also love the Mass....

I love the Mass...no matter what...Mass is the Holy Sacrifice and there isn't any ifs ands or buts...

Mass is Mass. It should be beautiful no matter what form is used.

[quote name='dominicansoul' post='1580592' date='Jun 23 2008, 05:23 PM']Love the Latin Mass...I'm clueless to whatever terms are used to describe it....

I love the Latin Mass...but I also love the Mass....

I love the Mass...no matter what...Mass is the Holy Sacrifice and there isn't any ifs ands or buts...

Mass is Mass. It should be beautiful no matter what form is used.[/quote]
what she said.

The last parish that I attended regularly in Georgia was run by the FSSP and it pretty much rocked... but so did many of the "vernacular" parishes.

[quote name='MIkolbe' post='1580588' date='Jun 23 2008, 04:21 PM']why you gotta cause divisions where there should be none?

EF people

NO people

IANWP people :mellow:
srsly.

I am Catholic.

:)

haveaniceday.[/quote]

Yeah, but the way one celebrates the liturgy really effects his mindset. Lex orandi, lex credendi.

Wow.... aaaaaanyway

on second thought. maybe I don't want to join this discussion.

I'm Catholic, have a nice day. :D