An Old School Catholic Message Board

My Vocation Vacation

Maria Faustina

Maria Faustina

Hey guys. I just got back from Charleston SC a few hours ago. I wanted to tell you about my vacation-which seemed to have everything to do with my vocation.

So first off, I arrived in Chrleston two thursdays ago. Apparently when my sister and I went shopping, my mom and dad high-tailed it to the Catholic bookstore on King St. run by the Pauline Sisters. They just had to ask the sisters to talk to me (which I wouldn't have minded if they had asked me first). So the next day, I talked to Sr. Jane, who was very sweet and helpful, but I didn't seem to feel that happiness that I do with the Dominicans. I was very surprised that she didn't try to persuade me otherwise. I know I'm not supposed to be a Daughter of St. Paul.

The next day, I went to dinner with a friend of my mom's- a nun who had been principal of the school I went to, but was replaced with the Nashville Dominicans. I began to be very angry when she started to trash talk the Dominicans. (She was fired by our Pastor, so it isn't really their fault that she got replaced, it is his) I guess Jesus wants me to start feeling as if the Dominicans are my family, because I began to feel like I do when someone says something mean about one of my best friends. I love the nun, but I don't know what I'll do when I have to tell her about my vocation.

A few days later, we drove to Kiawah Island, an island about 30 minutes away. I went swimming in the ocean, but I didn't take my medals of St. Thomas Aquinas and St. Dominic off because I hardly ever take them off. They turned yellow. I was so sad because the St. Dominic medal was given to me by a Nashville Dominican. So, I prayed. I know I shouldn't have done this, but I told Jesus," Okay, Lord if you want me to be a Dominican Sister, can you turn my medals back to silver?" I bet He laughed at that one. But, Jesus answered me by making my medals turn back to silver within a few minutes. I was absolutely amazed. I promised Jesus I wouldn't ask for another sign.

I did anyway. I sat on the balcony of our condo one night, and I asked Jesus, "Do you really want me to be Your bride, because I can hardly do anything right, so why would you want me?" I stood up and looked at the night sky. It seemed like a billion stars had just appeared in the sky, or maybe I just hadn't noticed them. The stars made me realize that Jesus had been there the whole time, I just hadn't noticed Him as much as I should have. A gentle breeze answered my question. It is so hard to explain, but my heart just felt like it was going to burst out of love for Jesus. I was wearing a sweatshirt hood over my head and another but a wind a little stronger this time blew it off. I felt Jesus assure me of His plans for me in my heart.

I still marvel at how everyday, I think about Jesus, and He instantly makes my day better. One day, I got home from school after really hard math and science exams and I turned on my iPod. Immediately, "No Air" started playing, and I didn't even choose it. I knew immediately it was Jesus, playing our song. That song always makes me think of Him. He made me smile for the rest of the day.

Sorry this is so long. I just wanted to share this with everyone. Remember, Jesus loves you, and I love you guys too! Thanks!

In Christ,
Maria Faustina

HisChildForever

Thanks for sharing. :)

[quote]I still marvel at how everyday, I think about Jesus, and He instantly makes my day better.[/quote]

I know exactly what you mean!!!

[quote name='Maria Faustina' post='1578971' date='Jun 21 2008, 08:44 PM']Hey guys. I just got back from Charleston SC a few hours ago. I wanted to tell you about my vacation-which seemed to have everything to do with my vocation.

So first off, I arrived in Chrleston two thursdays ago. Apparently when my sister and I went shopping, my mom and dad high-tailed it to the Catholic bookstore on King St. run by the Pauline Sisters. They just had to ask the sisters to talk to me (which I wouldn't have minded if they had asked me first). So the next day, I talked to Sr. Jane, who was very sweet and helpful, but I didn't seem to feel that happiness that I do with the Dominicans. I was very surprised that she didn't try to persuade me otherwise. I know I'm not supposed to be a Daughter of St. Paul.

The next day, I went to dinner with a friend of my mom's- a nun who had been principal of the school I went to, but was replaced with the Nashville Dominicans. I began to be very angry when she started to trash talk the Dominicans. (She was fired by our Pastor, so it isn't really their fault that she got replaced, it is his) I guess Jesus wants me to start feeling as if the Dominicans are my family, because I began to feel like I do when someone says something mean about one of my best friends. I love the nun, but I don't know what I'll do when I have to tell her about my vocation.

A few days later, we drove to Kiawah Island, an island about 30 minutes away. I went swimming in the ocean, but I didn't take my medals of St. Thomas Aquinas and St. Dominic off because I hardly ever take them off. They turned yellow. I was so sad because the St. Dominic medal was given to me by a Nashville Dominican. So, I prayed. I know I shouldn't have done this, but I told Jesus," Okay, Lord if you want me to be a Dominican Sister, can you turn my medals back to silver?" I bet He laughed at that one. But, Jesus answered me by making my medals turn back to silver within a few minutes. I was absolutely amazed. I promised Jesus I wouldn't ask for another sign.

I did anyway. I sat on the balcony of our condo one night, and I asked Jesus, "Do you really want me to be Your bride, because I can hardly do anything right, so why would you want me?" I stood up and looked at the night sky. It seemed like a billion stars had just appeared in the sky, or maybe I just hadn't noticed them. The stars made me realize that Jesus had been there the whole time, I just hadn't noticed Him as much as I should have. A gentle breeze answered my question. It is so hard to explain, but my heart just felt like it was going to burst out of love for Jesus. I was wearing a sweatshirt hood over my head and another but a wind a little stronger this time blew it off. I felt Jesus assure me of His plans for me in my heart.

I still marvel at how everyday, I think about Jesus, and He instantly makes my day better. One day, I got home from school after really hard math and science exams and I turned on my iPod. Immediately, "No Air" started playing, and I didn't even choose it. I knew immediately it was Jesus, playing our song. That song always makes me think of Him. He made me smile for the rest of the day.
Sorry this is so long. I just wanted to share this with everyone. Remember, Jesus loves you, and I love you guys too! Thanks!

In Christ,
Maria Faustina[/quote]

Count on my prayers for you :).

What a wonderful experience :) :) thank you for sharing this with us. God bless you as you continue your discernment..

Roseoftherese

[quote name='Maria Faustina' post='1578971' date='Jun 21 2008, 07:44 PM']Hey guys. I just got back from Charleston SC a few hours ago. I wanted to tell you about my vacation-which seemed to have everything to do with my vocation.

In Christ,
Maria Faustina[/quote]

WOW maria Faustina! That was a beautiful story! I am so happy for you! You must be FILLED with joy! I bet you can't wait until you're eighteen so that you can enter!

Your Sister in Christ,
Rose

Edited by Roseoftherese

• 3 weeks later...