An Old School Catholic Message Board

Can One Decide To Be An Athiest?

Autumn Dusk

Can one decide to be an athiest?  

42 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Galloglasses

Yes. But a sudden decision like that takes people by surprise and they'd like to see an explaination. Since it more or less came out of the blue. (I remember making a sudden decision before and next thin I know, everyone arounnd me started asking alot of questions)

sure they can but it shouldnt be out of fear of the truth or not understanding.

The truth is still the truth even if its not popular or requires humility.

People can have Epiphany's everyday of the week. They can be good ones or bad ones. It's part of the human condition.

Nihil Obstat

I'm sure they can. It doesn't even have to be rational. You can decide anything you want, doesn't make it right.

[indent]Of course you can say in your heart 'I do not believe in God'. But I do not believe you either.[/indent]

[quote name='EricTheRed' post='1577912' date='Jun 20 2008, 07:10 PM']sure they can but it shouldnt be out of fear of the truth or not understanding.

The truth is still the truth even if its not popular or requires humility.[/quote]

:yes:

Edited by iggyjoan

Galloglasses

[quote name='hot stuff' post='1578596' date='Jun 21 2008, 10:48 AM']the problem is there isn't a universally accepted definition of atheism out there.[/quote]
This is true.

[quote name='hot stuff' post='1578596' date='Jun 21 2008, 11:48 AM']the problem is there isn't a universally accepted definition of atheism out there.[/quote]

[quote name='Galloglasses' post='1578615' date='Jun 21 2008, 12:03 PM']This is true.[/quote]

[indent][color="#FF0000"]Ps 14:1

The fool says in his heart,
"There is no God.”[/color]
NIV

Please do not misinterpret me on this. I am not saying autumn is a fool. I am just quoting what is in the bible. Nevertheless, if anyone will say something like this, then he is like man who is trying to see his own eyes. And to the amazement of everyone will remind him, ‘Don’t you know it? Are you blind?’ No! Then again his friends will say, ‘Yes, you have two eyes’. But, he will insist to death, ‘I do not believe you. As long as I do see my own eyes, I will never believe you.’

Look at the mirror brother, then asks, ‘Do I have two eyes’? I will be your mirror, look at me.[/indent]

[quote name='reyb' post='1578708' date='Jun 21 2008, 12:53 PM'][indent][color="#FF0000"]Ps 14:1

The fool says in his heart,
"There is no God.”[/color]
NIV

Please do not misinterpret me on this. I am not saying autumn is a fool. I am just quoting what is in the bible. Nevertheless, if anyone will say something like this, then he is like man who is trying to see his own eyes. And to the amazement of everyone will remind him, ‘Don’t you know it? Are you blind?’ No! Then again his friends will say, ‘Yes, you have two eyes’. But, he will insist to death, ‘I do not believe you. [color="#0000FF"]As long as I do see my own eyes, I will never believe you.’ [/color]

Look at the mirror brother, then asks, ‘Do I have two eyes’? I will be your mirror, look at me.[/indent][/quote]

Correction sorry: As long as I do NOT see my own eyes, I will never believe you.’