An Old School Catholic Message Board

Regular V.s.ers--how Old Are You?

Thomist-in-Training

Age of regulars  

131 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Thomist-in-Training

Yeah, I'm crazy curious because I always assumed due to the modern "cool" title and styling of the forum that it was at least three-quarters youth, but really I have been surprised numerous times to realize how old someone is. There's no need to post and confess your age, or anything, I'm just wondering about a sort of percentage breakdown. Very unscientific, of course.

Maria_Faustina

Good question; I've wondered also. I always think I can tell well enough by their avatar/vocabulary/signature/etc., but no... it's easy to assume wrong. :)

(And then of course, I'm always wondering how old people think *I* am... and if they're right, too!)

well, i have been using this site since last year, and i just turned 59 years young. so i guess i am outside the demographic.

i guess i seem a bit younger, but us old people do tend to fib about our age, hehehe

Edited by Jesus_lol

HisChildForever

I'm not a regular at the Vocation Station, although I do enjoy lurking :cool:

Jesus_lol - I always thought you were a teenager!

I'm 20 :smokey:

ThyWillBeDone

I try to post here when I am not to busy with seminary life. I am 24, and been in the seminary for 4 years, I discovered this board while discerning.

TeresaBenedicta

19, although I did have to think about that for a moment. Only a few short months left of the "teen years".

[quote name='Jesus_lol' post='1577155' date='Jun 20 2008, 12:45 AM']well, i have been using this site since last year, and i just turned 59 years young. so i guess i am outside the demographic.

i guess i seem a bit younger, but us old people do tend to fib about our age, hehehe[/quote]

[quote name='HisChildForever' post='1577581' date='Jun 20 2008, 11:17 AM']Jesus_lol - I always thought you were a teenager![/quote]

[quote name='Jesus_lol' post='1577155' date='Jun 20 2008, 12:45 AM'][b]us [/b]old [b]people do tend to fib about our age, hehehe[/b][/quote]

:)
yep, my profile has my true age, 19!

The poll is funny in that it is skewed towards the earlier decades. I think that there are a number of regs on VS who could check the "50ish" and even the "60ish" categories if they existed! To my amazement I am hearing of women accepted for discernment and entering now in their 60's! I thought that the 50's would be absolute tops.

Thomist-in-Training

Well, since I had always assumed it was "young'uns" in my head I mentally file everyone above a certain age together. Hence the non-scientific lumping of groups in the poll options.

By the way, the older vocations topic has two parts in my mind; the first part the part usually mentioned here where those discerning have either never married, or felt a call and married anyways and now free to enter if they can get accepted; and the other part, the medieval idea of retiring to a convent after married life. I can't think of examples I'm totally sure of the names of, but I think some Queen-Saints did this? Many others too. (I think of the fictional Kristin Lavransdatter, also.) It seems like in those ages the idea of entering to do penance was more commonly accepted. I wonder if those women were considered as nuns in the same way as the others, if they had a novitiate etc., or were more of "Mrs So-and-so who lives at the convent in an informal way." Maybe someone knows history better than me. In any case, perhaps some of those saints can be helpful models.

[quote name='Maria Faustina' post='1578916' date='Jun 21 2008, 05:12 PM']14. But I wish I were 18. That day cannot come soon enough.[/quote]

Ha!

So--which order, M-F ;)?

Fr. Antony Maria OSB

I'm not sure if I post enough on here to count, so I haven't voted ;). But anyway, I'm 17, almost 18, and just graduated high-school, so I'd fit the first two categories, lol!