An Old School Catholic Message Board

How Has The Prices Of Gas Impacted Your Life, If Any?

"Kyrie eleison"

johnnydigit

went on my first real dirt mountain biking trail. bicycling is awesome! i sweat so much my shirt had white stains from the salt in the sweat!

as for the beauty of the trails and riding around town, it only testifies to God's glory. breathtaking!

• 2 weeks later...
friendofJPII

Perhaps, this gas crisis is good for our souls? Perhaps it will force people to stay home and spend time with their families. Perhaps it will force people to put less emphasis on material goods. Will it force people to walk places or ride their bike, talk to their neighbors, and get some exercise??!!

Edited by friendofJPII

Luckily, I live 1 block from the Metra station so public transportation to work is the rule (unless I bike 10 miles to work).

Last year, in good weather, I already had cut down my driving as much as I can, even taking the bike to Home Depot for small items that can fit in the backpack and even raidsing eyebrows when I carried my hockey equipment to games on my motorcycle (I said it was my way of stiocking it to Hugo Chavez and OPEC). Unfortunately, I had to drive more this year after I twisted my ankle, but now that it's healing up I can get back into the swing of things.

[quote name='Didymus' post='1576107' date='Jun 19 2008, 12:39 PM']I bike to work now (which isn't that far away anyways) and I'm excited to start doing the bike/train thing whenever I go into chicago instead of driving.[/quote]

As long as it's not during the weekday rush hour, Metra doesn't allow bikes on trains during those hours.

Edited by Norseman82

Let's see, there's a hurricane coming.

So gas prices should go up dramatically (again) when everyone is trying to leave town.