An Old School Catholic Message Board

The Bible

reyb

Galloglasses

You obviously have no idea what the Eucharist is in such a case, do you? Catholics, as you say, KNOW Jesus Existed and is not 'just a lie' because they experience Him in the Eucharist at every Single Catholic Mass. The Jesus of the Scriptures and the Real Jesus are one and the same.

If you are trying to point that Catholicism is basing itself on, somehow, the wrong Jesus, you must have ignored every single post in this or any othe rof your threads.

And why should I? This arguement of Historical Jesus Vrs Real Jesus has entirely to do with the Bible as you claim Historical Jesus could be a 'lie' If you have no faith in what Scripture tells you, then inform me, where did YOU find the real Jesus? Through Prayer? Prayer alone?

[quote name='Autumn Dusk' post='1574150' date='Jun 17 2008, 06:06 PM']I'm an athiest so I don't have to worry about who founded me![/quote]

[quote name='Galloglasses' post='1574155' date='Jun 17 2008, 06:08 PM']Well that was a nice little interjection. Makes a difference from talking to Reyb all day.[/quote]

[indent]There is a reason for everything. Please tell it to us why you believe that there is no God? But please do it in another forum/topic.[/indent]

[indent]Let us go back to our discussion regarding 'The Bible'. Is it true that the New Testament was written by the Roman Catholic Church? Is there any reading material regarding this?[/indent]

[quote name='Galloglasses' post='1573160' date='Jun 16 2008, 07:48 PM']You obviously have no idea what the Eucharist is in such a case, do you? Catholics, as you say, KNOW Jesus Existed and is not 'just a lie' because they experience Him in the Eucharist at every Single Catholic Mass. The Jesus of the Scriptures and the Real Jesus are one and the same.

If you are trying to point that Catholicism is basing itself on, somehow, the wrong Jesus, you must have ignored every single post in this or any othe rof your threads.

And why should I? This arguement of Historical Jesus Vrs Real Jesus has entirely to do with the Bible as you claim Historical Jesus could be a 'lie' If you have no faith in what Scripture tells you, then inform me, where did YOU find the real Jesus? Through Prayer? Prayer alone?[/quote]

[indent]Regarding the Eucharist - let us discuss it too in another forum. I tried to look for previous topic regarding 'The Eucharist' but it seems all of them are moved to another folder which is not subject for discussion. I want to know the power of the Eucharist. Is it scriptural?[/indent]

The protestant understanding of Catholic doctrine is equivalent to, taking someones book and plagiarizing it, and then coming out with a whole different story than what the author originally intended. This is basically what they did with the bible. History tells us, even secular history that our leaders, Popes and Bishops and the councils they convened were responsible for the making of the bible, and even the name "la biblia". It was 400 years before a combined old and new testament even existed. The history is pretty amazing ive read "Where we got the bible and our debt to the catholic church" like 6 times. lol that's an amzing piece of work.

[quote name='Akalyte' post='1574405' date='Jun 17 2008, 09:01 PM']The protestant understanding of Catholic doctrine is equivalent to, taking someones book and plagiarizing it, and then coming out with a whole different story than what the author originally intended. This is basically what they did with the bible. [b][color="#FF0000"]History tells us, even secular history that our leaders, Popes and Bishops and the councils they convened were responsible for the making of the bible, and even the name "la biblia[/color][/b]". It was 400 years before a combined old and new testament even existed. The history is pretty amazing ive read "Where we got the bible and our debt to the catholic church" like 6 times. lol that's an amzing piece of work.[/quote]

[indent]This is interesting and I want to know more about it. Do the Roman Catholic really wrote the New Testament? Is there any teaching or tradition or whatever letter regarding this claim?[/indent]

Galloglasses

They didn't WRITE the New Testament there and then. Did you read any of the earlier posts? The Apostles and Evangelists wrote the new Testament. The Catholic Church assembled them into the Bible. Before the Catholic Church put the Bible together, THERE WAS NO ONE BOOK WITH ALL SACRED SCRIPTURE IN IT. The sacred Scriptures were in copies of seperate Letters and books.

Oh, yes, regarding evidence about backing up this claim. READ A BLOODY HISTORY BOOK. That is of course if you don't believe us at all, and have completely ignored earlier posts regarding this matter entirely.

Look, i'll make it easier for you. [url="http://www.davidmacd.com/catholic/index2.htm"]http://www.davidmacd.com/catholic/index2.htm[/url] This entire site is devoted to building a bridge between Catholics and Evangelical Protestants by addressing every claim and misconception about the Church. Its got links, references and everything. And don't worry, the guy doesn't use technical language so its easy for everyone to read it. You can look up the majority of your problems on it, as it has most Catholic related issues under the Sun, from Early Church, to the Inquisitions, to the Second Vatican Council. He does not shy away from the tough questions, so you really have no excuse not checking his site out regarding this, or any other, issue.

For the sake of simplicity, it even has a timeline of Church, so you can check our claims and when and where these 'councils' we keep talking about happened. [url="http://www.davidmacd.com/catholic/timeline_of_catholic_church.htm"]http://www.davidmacd.com/catholic/timeline...olic_church.htm[/url]

Still no good? Oh thats ok, he also has a timeline about how the Bible came to us, here: [url="http://www.davidmacd.com/catholic/timeline_of_how_the_bible_where.htm"]http://www.davidmacd.com/catholic/timeline...bible_where.htm[/url] You can cross reference the 'claims' he is laying out there with Google or Wikipedia. [i]Heck, you can even email him directly and ask him about it.[/i] I've emailed him before, he's very quick to answer, (usually the next day), and he's very good at apologetics. (even though he never wanted to get into it much) So check it out. He can deliver a much better answer then I ever could.

Also, check out his links page, he links to a good majority of sites which focus on individual topics and other general apologetics boards.

Edited by Galloglasses

[quote name='Galloglasses' post='1575107' date='Jun 18 2008, 02:15 PM']They didn't WRITE the New Testament there and then. Did you read any of the earlier posts? The Apostles and Evangelists wrote the new Testament. The Catholic Church assembled them into the Bible. Before the Catholic Church put the Bible together, THERE WAS NO ONE BOOK WITH ALL SACRED SCRIPTURE IN IT. The sacred Scriptures were in copies of seperate Letters and books.[/quote]

[indent]From the ‘Timeline of how the Bible came to us, it just stated that in 51-125 AD, ‘The New Testament Books are written’. (see [url="http://www.davidmacd.com/catholic/timeline_of_how_the_bible_where.htm)"]http://www.davidmacd.com/catholic/timeline...ible_where.htm)[/url]. But the thing I want to see is the statement mentioned by Katholikos in One True Church thread and I quote, 'The Catholic Church canonized twenty-seven of [post="1295155"]her own writings as Scripture[/post], together with the writings the Church inherited from Jesus and the Apostles, when she was nearly 400 years old'.

There is no doubt that the Bible came from the Roman Catholic Church but I want to know in the tradition of the Roman Catholic Church, who said that the Books in the New Testament were written by Catholics. Is there any letter or whatever regarding this?[/indent]

Edited by reyb

Galloglasses

I dunno, but it makes sense. If the Catholic Church was the Early Church, it's not to far of a stretch to consider the New Testament writers Catholics. (Paul, for example, talked with the other apostles sometimes and they all tried to keep communication even though they were being persecuted) The name Catholic was applied after the Early Church came out of hiding thanks to Emperor Contantine's 'legalisation' of Christianity in the Empire

[indent]Acts 11:25-26

25 [color="#FF0000"]Then Barnabas went to Tarsus to look for Saul, 26 and when he found him, he brought him to Antioch. So for a whole year Barnabas and Saul met with the church and taught great numbers of people. The disciples were called Christians first at Antioch. [/color]NIV[/indent]

---------------
[indent]Is there any other group of Christians before and after the time of Constantine that is not part of Catholic Church? [/indent]

[quote name='Galloglasses' post='1578651' date='Jun 21 2008, 12:17 PM']I dunno, but it makes sense. If the Catholic Church was the Early Church, it's not to far of a stretch to consider the New Testament writers Catholics. (Paul, for example, talked with the other apostles sometimes and they all tried to keep communication even though they were being persecuted) [color="#0000FF"]The name Catholic was applied after the Early Church came out of hiding thanks to Emperor Contantine's 'legalisation' of Christianity in the Empire[/color][/quote]

[quote name='reyb' post='1578725' date='Jun 21 2008, 01:15 PM'][indent]Acts 11:25-26

25 [color="#FF0000"]Then Barnabas went to Tarsus to look for Saul, 26 and when he found him, he brought him to Antioch. So for a whole year Barnabas and Saul met with the church and taught great numbers of people. [b]The disciples were called Christians first at Antioch[/b]. [/color]NIV[/indent]][/quote]

---------------
[indent]May I know in Church history, if there is any other group of Christians before and after the time of Constantine that is not Catholic? [/indent]

Edited by reyb

PadrePioOfPietrelcino

[quote name='cmotherofpirl' post='1572332' date='Jun 15 2008, 10:11 PM']If you are a Pentecostal, your religion was started in the United States in 1901.[/quote]

Kansas City, Kansas to be exact

good list.