An Old School Catholic Message Board

dust (the ultra-handsome)'s Philters

Socrates

"hate" filter  

38 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I think in some instances is fine.

I do not like the word hate (don't hate, appreciate) being changed because when I say hate (don't hate, appreciate) I mean hate (don't hate, appreciate). THat is really going to mess up my post.

However, change cr.ap is fine with me because it annoys the heck when people say carp just because they think cr.ap is not what to say. It annoyed me since I first got here. If you aren't going to say cr.ap then don't even use a different word...it just makes me think of this:
[img]http://www.neatorama.com/images/2007-01/large-carp.jpg[/img]
THen I don't take you seriously. So as long as I see croutons instead of carp it is fine with me.

I think it's fine with the cuss words, but I tend to get annoyed with having to get around them when it changes regularly used words that aren't offensive.

[quote name='scardella' post='1570465' date='Jun 13 2008, 09:17 AM']I think it's fine with the cuss words, but I tend to get annoyed with having to get around them when it changes regularly used words that aren't offensive.[/quote]

Exaclty. Lke the word 'che[i]e[/i]se.' Seriously, what the carp? Haha, jk picchick :))

Edited by Veridicus

[quote name='scardella' post='1570465' date='Jun 13 2008, 10:17 AM']I think it's fine with the cuss words, but I tend to get annoyed with having to get around them when it changes regularly used words that aren't offensive.[/quote]
EXACTLY! Only....you said it better.

[quote name='Veridicus' post='1570470' date='Jun 13 2008, 10:22 AM']Exaclty. Lke the word 'che[i]e[/i]se.' Seriously, what the carp? Haha, jk picchick :))[/quote]

<_<

[img]http://www.neatorama.com/images/2007-01/large-carp.jpg[/img]

:P :lol:

I think every time I see carp I will post that picture.

[quote name='picchick' post='1570480' date='Jun 13 2008, 09:33 AM'][img]http://www.neatorama.com/images/2007-01/large-carp.jpg[/img]

:P :lol:
I think every time I see carp I will post that picture.[/quote]

That fish is just retarded big...I can't even come up with a better way to describe it.

[quote name='Veridicus' post='1570481' date='Jun 13 2008, 10:35 AM']That fish is just retarded big...I can't even come up with a better way to describe it.[/quote]

I guess carp are pretty big. They are the largest of the minnow family. Which is pretty funny considering that minnows are teenie tiny.

Fish are gross in general. I hope I do not have to post that picture again :P Nightmares might ensue.
Meg

[quote name='picchick' post='1570487' date='Jun 13 2008, 09:45 AM']I guess carp are pretty big. They are the largest of the minnow family. Which is pretty funny considering that minnows are teenie tiny.
Fish are gross in general. I hope I do not have to post that picture again :P Nightmares might ensue.
Meg[/quote]

Big fwiggin minnow!

dustthouart

I think the board really needs to get rid of the f[i][/i]ilter because it especially messes up when we are trying to talk about theological concepts. It's annoying when I see "Don't h[i][/i]ate, appreciate" in a post about hatred of sin! I don't want to appreciate sin! We should despise sin!

Also, as you can see, getting around the thing is a simple matter of tags, so it's useless.

Edited by dustthouart

[quote name='picchick' post='1570510' date='Jun 13 2008, 10:29 AM']how do you get around it? What tags do you use?[/quote]

Insert 'italic' tags into the middle of filterable words. Like ha[i][/i]te or c[i][/i]he[i][/i]ese or filt[i][/i]er or d[i][/i]u[i][/i]s[i][/i]t.

Click 'reply' to my post and then look at the text of mine you will be quoting...it has italic tags in the middle of the words.

Edited by Veridicus

[quote name='Veridicus' post='1570514' date='Jun 13 2008, 11:33 AM']Insert 'italic' tags into the middle of filterable words. Like hate (don't hate, appreciate) (don't hate (don't hate, appreciate), appreciate) (don't hate (don't hate, appreciate) (don't hate (don't hate, appreciate), appreciate), appreciate) or coagulated milk or fiddler or dust (the ultra-handsome) (the ultra-handsome) (the ultra-handsome).

Click 'reply' to my post and then look at the text of mine you will be quoting...it has italic tags in the middle of the words.[/quote]

lol....

I don't see it but I think I understand thanks

ha[i][/i]te

Edited by picchick

fides quarens intellectum

[quote name='picchick' post='1570462' date='Jun 13 2008, 09:12 AM']However, change cr.ap is fine with me because it annoys the heck when people say carp just because they think cr.ap is not what to say.[/quote]

yes - i don't mind the croutons fiddler.

[quote name='dustthouart' post='1570493' date='Jun 13 2008, 10:02 AM']It's annoying when I see "Don't hate (don't hate, appreciate), appreciate" in a post about hatred of sin! I don't want to appreciate sin! We should despise sin![/quote]

or shaking the dust (the ultra-handsome) from your feet.