An Old School Catholic Message Board

Ministry

rckllnknny

Autumn Dusk

[quote name='kujo' post='1560175' date='Jun 5 2008, 08:15 PM']Indians?

:hijack:[/quote]

I think(I'm just guessing now) Rick believes that we're condemning everyone else. He seemed to use the Indian icon as a jumping off point to say just how "horrible" we would see Indians.

Truth is that they weren't horrible at all. Neither are any other religions. However, in the deep theological understanding of things it must be said that Catholicism holds the whole truth. It shouldn't be seen as a bad thing, but as a good thing...that we can have Christ, Body and Soul. That He can be TRULY present rather than just vaguely "here" is amazing and such a gift to humaninty that in the end we have to say that others are missing something. Not with spite, but with joy of what we have.

rckllnknny

and we can share in other faiths too. plain and simple thats what i meant dont twist my words any further im done with this thread.

Edited by rckllnknny

Autumn Dusk

[quote name='rckllnknny' post='1560200' date='Jun 5 2008, 08:29 PM']no but catholics are not the only ones to know and see the whole truth.[/quote]

Thats theologically wrong. Sorry Rick. Others have the truth, but not the whole truth, beucase they don't have the Eucharist.

I'm not twisting your words. You intend a very noble thing, to express that religions don't have as many difference as they sometimes say they have. And its true. Even in poly-theistic religions there is an understanding of a greater good, a greater power, and a desire to help others. But no matter what, they don't have the Eucharist. To be deprived of this great gift is to be deprived of the WHOLE truth, indeed!!!

[quote name='rckllnknny' post='1560200' date='Jun 5 2008, 08:29 PM']no but catholics are not the only ones to know and see the whole truth...and we can share in other faiths too. plain and simple thats what i meant dont twist my words any further im done with this thread.[/quote]

Yes we are, dude. If other religions have some good stuff, it's definitely in Catholicism because we have all of it.

We can share in other faiths, but they ultimately fall short because they don't have the full truth like we do.

CatherineM

The Catholic church has the fullness of faith and revelation. If I believed otherwise I would quit calling myself a Catholic, and go find another church that I believed did have the fullness of salvation, and I'm as ecumenical a Catholic as you are going to find.

[quote name='CatherineM' post='1560336' date='Jun 5 2008, 09:20 PM']The Catholic church has the fullness of faith and revelation. If I believed otherwise I would quit calling myself a Catholic, and go find another church that I believed did have the fullness of salvation, and I'm as ecumenical a Catholic as you are going to find.[/quote]

:yes:

You wouldn't preach at a Catholic Church because we don't have preachers. We have Priests who give us homilies in which they teach us but, we don't have free form anyone with an opinion, come on down, type of Mass.
We are kind of serious in our church. It is all about the Eucharist and Christ. We don't do preaching.

CatherineM

Our priests are ordained by God through the action of a Bishop within Apostolic Succession. Our priests do not preach, they teach, after years of study and formation. I don't want to place my salvation in the hands of someone who is marginally literate, has a smattering of knowledge of the bible, or who's authority comes from a soap box on a street corner.

[quote name='rckllnknny' post='1560937' date='Jun 6 2008, 11:07 AM']:lol_above: lol. you guys are killing me. god bless ya.[/quote]

What's sad, Rick, is that you are killing yourself. :ohno:

Edited by Alycin

rckllnknny

but the really sad thing is. when i wake up in the morning i get to be me. no matter what. nobody else does either. they can hate (don't hate, appreciate) and look stupid by reinforcing what they say is upheld by the teachings of catholicism but they only speak in half truths because they hold back from themselves. i kno thas rude to say. but it is obvous to speak out of ignorance. everyone does it. i do it too. but beside the nitty gritty i wouldnt change a thing about myself. and i dont feel a need to either. and i happy where i am at today before the throne of God. and i would much rather be who i am. with my thoughts and my ideas.
i never just not listened to what anyone had to say. what makes me upset WAS to listen to what everyone had to say. and the reason i brought up job in a topic was bcuz he disagreed with God and cursed him. and his friends sat around telling him he was wrong that he needed to forsake his feeling and emotions and worship God regardless of what he thought. in the end God made them apologize to job. im not gonna spend the rest of my life built on everyone elses opinions. thats what catholicism has become surrendering the ideas of your own regardless of whether you agree with them or not to the church your parents went to bcuz john became a pope.and the word castholicism was never in the bible.
and i dont hate (don't hate, appreciate) Catholicism. im a christian. but i feel i have something to offer this world. and whether or not anyone will ever admit it. we all know in our hearts, as well as God, what the truth is.

Edited by rckllnknny