An Old School Catholic Message Board

Ministry

rckllnknny

Autumn Dusk

[quote name='Galloglasses' post='1560114' date='Jun 5 2008, 07:41 PM']erm, what?[/quote]
not you, that was directed to rick.

[quote name='Alycin' post='1558134' date='Jun 4 2008, 06:57 PM']What you're describing is called [url="http://www.uua.org/"]Unitarian Universalism.[/url]

However, it would be impossible for someone to truly believe in Catholicism, and also think all other denominations were correct.[/quote]

Well stated, Miss.

[quote name='kujo' post='1560059' date='Jun 5 2008, 05:13 PM']Any "truth" evident in other religions ultimately belongs to Catholicism because we possess the WHOLE truth.[/quote]

It is futile to speak in absolutes to a decidedly relativistic mind my friend.

[quote name='rckllnknny' post='1560056' date='Jun 5 2008, 05:11 PM']i am catholic btw. but if i believed on only cathechism i wouldnt see the rest of the divine truth God invested in the rest of the world.[/quote]

I really just don't understand what that even means. Do you mean that you are a 'universalist' when you state your catholicity? As in 'everyone is right'?

rckllnknny

nothin i guess i just realized how dumb indians were in thier Great Spirit awakenings and how many generations they spent passing on the way of thier traditions for you to say they are all wrong. good luck to you buddy.

Autumn Dusk

[quote name='rckllnknny' post='1560147' date='Jun 5 2008, 08:00 PM']i can spell however i so choose.[/quote]

yes, yes, you can. But if you want to be taken seriously and be understood you should spell like the rest of us.

rckllnknny

quote/
QUOTE(rckllnknny @ Jun 5 2008, 05:11 PM)
i am catholic btw. but if i believed on only cathechism i wouldnt see the rest of the divine truth God invested in the rest of the world.

I really just don't understand what that even means. Do you mean that you are a 'universalist' when you state your catholicity? As in 'everyone is right'?

um yeh. n sometimes i put my socks in my frosted flakes. and wear it as a hat that way i can communicate better with the heavens. i guess I dint understand what i saying this whole time. thnx guys. hope the big guy upstairs keeps ya all around for a while the changes you will all make to this world are going to spectacular.

rckllnknny

QUOTE(rckllnknny @ Jun 5 2008, 08:00 PM)
i can spell however i so choose.

yes, yes, you can. But if you want to be taken seriously and be understood you should spell like the rest of us

k.
hater.
lol.

Autumn Dusk

[quote name='rckllnknny' post='1560151' date='Jun 5 2008, 08:02 PM']nothin i guess i just realized how dumb indians were in thier Great Spirit awakenings and how many generations they spent passing on the way of thier traditions for you to say they are all wrong. good luck to you buddy.[/quote]

Indians were not dumb! They were indiginous people who understood a great deal about religion and spirituality. Much of their spirituality is very compatible with Catholicism. Kateri Tekawitha (misspelled, sorry) grew to a great love of Catholicism becuase of the awakening in her heart. In the south the Mexican tribes grew in fervor with the Spanish missionaries. An "great spirit awakening" is basically the holy spirit when you look at it.

rckllnknny

[quote name='Autumn Dusk' post='1560163' date='Jun 5 2008, 07:07 PM']Indians were not dumb! They were indiginous people who understood a great deal about religion and spirituality. Much of their spirituality is very compatible with Catholicism. Kateri Tekawitha (misspelled, sorry) grew to a great love of Catholicism becuase of the awakening in her heart. In the south the Mexican tribes grew in fervor with the Spanish missionaries. An "great spirit awakening" is basically the holy spirit when you look at it.[/quote]
autumn dusk/
that was a very mature post that earned a great deal of respect from me. now if you could just word the rest of your posts like that perhaps i may understand you a little bit better.