An Old School Catholic Message Board

Ministry

rckllnknny

rckllnknny

i guess one of the reasons i ask, is bcuz this christmas eve i was cryin late at nite at church before mass in church by myself. i was having a hard time in my life and i couldnt stop crying. the preist came over to me and asked me if i was okay. i told him i was not. and told him about what i was going through. he asked me if i was catholic. i told him i was not just catholic. and he asked again, but you are catholic?? he gave up his rosary for me and my two kids that nite.

Edited by rckllnknny

rckllnknny

wouldnt you of anyway?? :whistle:
jk. i appreciate it.
i pray for you as well.
i pray for understanding.
and i pray we all may minister in our own ways.
and i pray for resolution.

To answer your original question....no. Catholicism (which means "universal") is the true path God, the way the Christ ordained while here on earth, and continues to guide through the Holy Spirit. The other denominations are deviations from the truth which, though containing elements of truth, need to come back to the Church. Not the other way around.

Autumn Dusk

Here's how my friend, who's a religious Sister explains it.

Every religion holds some truth. Christian religions hold a greater amount of truth over others becuase they acknowledge Jesus. Catholicism holds the complete truth becuase it acknowledges the suffering, death and gift Jesus bestowed on mankind. Because truth can be found in every religion its why miracles often occur. God dosn't hold back because someone dosn't know the complete truth.

rckllnknny

i already kno that pple i don kno y everyone assumes im so confused. jesus is still hangin on a cross on the walls of baptists churches across the world tho. im not bigger than God to condemn them tho. besides im not gonna sit around and tell my brother im a better person/church bcuz i have a better understanding of God tho. nvermind. ruin the thread and preach to a wall. i don care.

rckllnknny

it wasnt just the other denominations./ and it wasnt just catholic. it was catholic AND the rest of the family. coming together to worship God. i am catholic btw. but if i believed on only cathechism i wouldnt see the rest of the divine truth God invested in the rest of the world.

[quote name='rckllnknny' post='1560056' date='Jun 5 2008, 07:11 PM']it wasnt just the other denominations./ and it wasnt just catholic. it was catholic AND the rest of the family. coming together to worship God. i am catholic btw. but if i believed on only cathechism i wouldnt see the rest of the divine truth God invested in the rest of the world.[/quote]

Any "truth" evident in other religions ultimately belongs to Catholicism because we possess the WHOLE truth.

Autumn Dusk

Rick, sometimes when you write in ebonics or l33t speak its hard to read and understand. It also makes you look uneducated.

You aren't making yourself very clear in what you're asking, you only seem to want us to confirm what you think....but we aren't mind readers...and we certinally aren't going to go against what we understand.

My example was to state that Catholicism, like it or not, holds the full truth. We should live it, learn it and love it. Then our breathren can see what we have and perhaps desire it. It dosn't mean we act like spoiled 5 year olds and say "nanners nanners my religion has the whole truth"

[quote name='Autumn Dusk' post='1560061' date='Jun 5 2008, 07:14 PM']Rick, sometimes when you write in ebonics or l33t speak its hard to read and understand. It also makes you look uneducated.

You aren't making yourself very clear in what you're asking, you only seem to want us to confirm what you think....but we aren't mind readers...and we certinally aren't going to go against what we understand.

My example was to state that Catholicism, like it or not, holds the full truth. We should live it, learn it and love it. Then our breathren can see what we have and perhaps desire it. It dosn't mean we act like spoiled 5 year olds and say "nanners nanners my religion has the whole truth"[/quote]

:yes:

Autumn Dusk

[quote name='rckllnknny' post='1560111' date='Jun 5 2008, 07:40 PM']:indian:[/quote]

Ok, what do you know? (please, please try to spell like the rest of us if you can). And why the Indian warrior?