An Old School Catholic Message Board

Waiting For My Application To Come

He is Risen!

He is Risen!

oooh, I'm so excited :kicking: I finally called Sr. Claire from the CFR sisters and asked for an application. I should be getting it in the mail soon. I've even found someone who offered to buy my car which would bring me out of debt and give me enough money for the first year of health insurance with them (expensive and mandatory) I have not told my parents about this yet but have been dropping big obvious hints, I'm nervous about that and the situation seems much more real the closer it gets. Please pray for me. The 2 week visit is the first 2 weeks of June, right around the corner, got to hurry up and get letters, transcripts, etc. ready. Here we go!

praying4carmel

Prayers!! ....Make a List it will help you remember in the time crunch!

Prayers some more!

Nancy

AccountDeleted

[quote name='He is Risen!' post='1536350' date='May 21 2008, 01:06 PM']oooh, I'm so excited :kicking: I finally called Sr. Claire from the CFR sisters and asked for an application. I should be getting it in the mail soon. I've even found someone who offered to buy my car which would bring me out of debt and give me enough money for the first year of health insurance with them (expensive and mandatory) I have not told my parents about this yet but have been dropping big obvious hints, I'm nervous about that and the situation seems much more real the closer it gets. Please pray for me. The 2 week visit is the first 2 weeks of June, right around the corner, got to hurry up and get letters, transcripts, etc. ready. Here we go![/quote]

God bless and lots of prayers! :pray:

IrishSalesian

Good Luck! God Bless you on your discernment. I know a couple of the CFR Brothers from New York. Iam taking classes with them at Seton Hall. Great Order!

He is Risen!

It's here! I was so excited when I got it. I tried to delay the gratification and be "mature" about it and so I coolly set it on the table across the room. That lasted for about 10 minutes, then I ripped the envelope open like a crazy lady. I made a photocopy just in case I mess one up. There are a zillion questions and will take a while to fill out and make everything just right. I know that this excitement is just a phase, but I think I'll enjoy it while it's here. :cloud9:

FSM Sister

Congratulations! I remember the elated feeling (30 years ago!) and share your joy. Mine was a 70-page application, with dental and medical forms to be filled out by the physician. I about went bankrupt just on that part, and had no assistance from my parents. I can really relate to your post! When I finally told my mother, she replied (and with no emotion), "Well... you're over 18, so I guess we can't stop you." From the time I was 16 I had written to group after group, without getting a reply - then I discovered that my mother would always toss the replies into the trash! So - I rented a P.O. box.

Getting off work in time to go to the evening Mass was a daily challenge. I had tried to teach myself the LOTH, but at 17 and almost no catechesis (I didn't even know what "ordinary time" meant!) that was too lofty. I could figure out the days of the week, but what in Heaven's name was "Week I, II, III, and IV?" Don't even mention Feasts and Solemnities. In cases where just the antiphons were printed on the page, I used to think, "Why are there fewer prayers on those days?"

When the application was mailed in to the Franciscans (a different group than yours), I would stay after Mass and pray the rosary before going to the P.O. box. When a reply finally came, it was sheer torture leaving that envelope intact, going back to the church, and ....
drum roll....
praying another rosary.

One at a time, an old man or an old woman would come up, tap me on the shoulder, and ask, "Are you okay, dear?"

With all the distraction from within and without, it must have taken close to an hour to get through that rosary - start, stop, lose my place, start over in case it "didn't count," lose my place again...

The old people must have thought I was praying all 15 decades (remember, this was 30 years ago when there were just the 15 mysteries). One of the younger priests came by to lock the doors, asked me how long I was planning to stay - and I was sooooo nervous, all I could stammer was, "I ... don't... know...." So he said, "That's okay - just ring the doorbell at the rectory on your way out."

drum roll...

"Dear Mother Mary, if it is God's Will, please let this letter say 'Yes.' If this is not God's Will, then please! Help me to accept a 'No.' “(and I really tried to mean that!)

As I began to read the hand-written reply, which gave the entrance date and a list of what I should bring, not bring, etc. my eyes began to well up with tears of joy... and a tear fell right smack on the date and made it too blurry to read! Could I possibly remember it? Absolutely not! It was a day in January, but which one?????

Ever been so happy you wanted to HUG A STATUE of the Virgin Mary? It's a good thing there were no other humans in the church, or their ribs would have been crushed - and I'm not a huggy type person, ordinarily.

You will surely persevere if you place your hand firmly in our Lady's hand, and never let go. Always, always, make a conscious prayer when you bless yourself with holy water. Being faithful to that one, small thing will bring you many graces. You will mess up "big time" - because we all do - but don't be discouraged. Force yourself to be completely open, simple, and honest with your confessor, your superior, and yourself. (It gets easier!) Things that seem HUGE in the beginning will become small, in time. God's time. Give yourself completely to Christ, without reserve, and your joy will know no limits. He is yours, and you are HIS!

THIS is the greatest Love Story in this life. !!!!!!

May your soul be filled with the joy of Mary, at the Annunciation, the Nativity, during the hidden years in between, and at the Resurrection. May this joy strengthen you during those times you will inevitably experience the pains and trials of this life, as Mary did, in a thousand little hidden ways, and eventually at the foot of the Cross. (Remember, it was a thousand little hidden sacrifices that prepared her for that day).

God be with you, and be assured of my prayers!

Sister Mary Margaret,
Director of Formation
Franciscan Sisters of Mary
www.fsmcharism.net

[quote name='He is Risen!' post='1536350' date='May 21 2008, 01:06 PM']oooh, I'm so excited :kicking: I finally called Sr. Claire from the CFR sisters and asked for an application. I should be getting it in the mail soon. I've even found someone who offered to buy my car which would bring me out of debt and give me enough money for the first year of health insurance with them (expensive and mandatory) I have not told my parents about this yet but have been dropping big obvious hints, I'm nervous about that and the situation seems much more real the closer it gets. Please pray for me. The 2 week visit is the first 2 weeks of June, right around the corner, got to hurry up and get letters, transcripts, etc. ready. Here we go![/quote]

excellent, you are in my prayers..
too bad there arent more decent Religious Communities up here (Canada), no one would have to worry about Health Insurance...:P.

Edited by EJames2

VeniteAdoremus

Congratulations :) I'm so happy for you!

Sr. Mary Margaret, thank you for your lovely post.

FSM Sister

[quote name='VeniteAdoremus' post='1539728' date='May 24 2008, 04:56 AM']Congratulations :) I'm so happy for you!

Sr. Mary Margaret, thank you for your lovely post.[/quote]

Just reading about her excitement gets ME excited! Isn't it wonderful when young people enter? We have a new "little sister!"

Thomist-in-Training

[quote]oooh, I'm so excited I finally called Sr. Claire from the CFR sisters and asked for an application. I should be getting it in the mail soon. I've even found someone who offered to buy my car which would bring me out of debt and give me enough money for the first year of health insurance with them (expensive and mandatory) I have not told my parents about this yet but have been dropping big obvious hints, I'm nervous about that and the situation seems much more real the closer it gets. Please pray for me. The 2 week visit is the first 2 weeks of June, right around the corner, got to hurry up and get letters, transcripts, etc. ready. Here we go![/quote]

How wonderful! An Ave Maria for you. :pray: Good luck with the parents especially. I was comforted when I read what a terrible time St. Catherine of Siena used to have with her mother!

AccountDeleted

[quote name='FSM Sister' post='1539163' date='May 23 2008, 03:46 PM']Congratulations! I remember the elated feeling (30 years ago!) and share your joy. Mine was a 70-page application, with dental and medical forms to be filled out by the physician. I about went bankrupt just on that part, and had no assistance from my parents. I can really relate to your post! When I finally told my mother, she replied (and with no emotion), "Well... you're over 18, so I guess we can't stop you." From the time I was 16 I had written to group after group, without getting a reply - then I discovered that my mother would always toss the replies into the trash! So - I rented a P.O. box.

Getting off work in time to go to the evening Mass was a daily challenge. I had tried to teach myself the LOTH, but at 17 and almost no catechesis (I didn't even know what "ordinary time" meant!) that was too lofty. I could figure out the days of the week, but what in Heaven's name was "Week I, II, III, and IV?" Don't even mention Feasts and Solemnities. In cases where just the antiphons were printed on the page, I used to think, "Why are there fewer prayers on those days?"

When the application was mailed in to the Franciscans (a different group than yours), I would stay after Mass and pray the rosary before going to the P.O. box. When a reply finally came, it was sheer torture leaving that envelope intact, going back to the church, and ....
drum roll....
praying another rosary.

One at a time, an old man or an old woman would come up, tap me on the shoulder, and ask, "Are you okay, dear?"

With all the distraction from within and without, it must have taken close to an hour to get through that rosary - start, stop, lose my place, start over in case it "didn't count," lose my place again...

The old people must have thought I was praying all 15 decades (remember, this was 30 years ago when there were just the 15 mysteries). One of the younger priests came by to lock the doors, asked me how long I was planning to stay - and I was sooooo nervous, all I could stammer was, "I ... don't... know...." So he said, "That's okay - just ring the doorbell at the rectory on your way out."

drum roll...

"Dear Mother Mary, if it is God's Will, please let this letter say 'Yes.' If this is not God's Will, then please! Help me to accept a 'No.' “(and I really tried to mean that!)

As I began to read the hand-written reply, which gave the entrance date and a list of what I should bring, not bring, etc. my eyes began to well up with tears of joy... and a tear fell right smack on the date and made it too blurry to read! Could I possibly remember it? Absolutely not! It was a day in January, but which one?????

Ever been so happy you wanted to HUG A STATUE of the Virgin Mary? It's a good thing there were no other humans in the church, or their ribs would have been crushed - and I'm not a huggy type person, ordinarily.

You will surely persevere if you place your hand firmly in our Lady's hand, and never let go. Always, always, make a conscious prayer when you bless yourself with holy water. Being faithful to that one, small thing will bring you many graces. You will mess up "big time" - because we all do - but don't be discouraged. Force yourself to be completely open, simple, and honest with your confessor, your superior, and yourself. (It gets easier!) Things that seem HUGE in the beginning will become small, in time. God's time. Give yourself completely to Christ, without reserve, and your joy will know no limits. He is yours, and you are HIS!

THIS is the greatest Love Story in this life. !!!!!!

May your soul be filled with the joy of Mary, at the Annunciation, the Nativity, during the hidden years in between, and at the Resurrection. May this joy strengthen you during those times you will inevitably experience the pains and trials of this life, as Mary did, in a thousand little hidden ways, and eventually at the foot of the Cross. (Remember, it was a thousand little hidden sacrifices that prepared her for that day).

God be with you, and be assured of my prayers!
Sister Mary Margaret,
Director of Formation
Franciscan Sisters of Mary
www.fsmcharism.net[/quote]

Oh, Sister, Sister, Sister! What a beautiful post! The love :love: just shines through your message! This is what it is all about and it is so nice to see it written here for everyone to read! As you said, "THIS is the greatest Love Story in this life. !!!!!" You are so right, so right, so right. Thank you for saying it here!

Come Oh Holy Spirit
FILL the hearts of thy faithful
and KINDLE in them
the FIRE of thy LOVE! :love:

Edited by nunsense