An Old School Catholic Message Board

Unjust War As Intrinsically Evil As Abortion?

dUSt

[quote name='dust (the ultra-handsome' post='1530321' date='May 16 2008, 01:01 PM'][url="http://newsweek.washingtonpost.com/onfaith/catholicamerica/2008/05/donahue_vs_hagee_shenanigans.html"]http://newsweek.washingtonpost.com/onfaith...henanigans.html[/url]

In the above article, even though I agree with some of the points he makes about the Catholic League, the author claims, ""Please note that an unjust war is just as intrinsically evil as an abortion."

My initial reaction, without diving into church documents, is that I don't agree with that. Do you?[/quote]

This statement implies that the war in Iraq was unjust... but it was not unjust. Civil leaders are responsible for the common good and they are the ones who must decide on the just war criteria (as the Church teaches). Bush did this. Saddam was supporting terrorism openly, since he was supporting it so openly, only a fool would think that he was not supporting it more in secret. Saddam had and was working toward more wmds.

The war is over and we won... now we are helping the Iraqi's from Iran supported terrorism... helping them stablize their country... building hospitals and schools for them... and training their army.

Unjust war is not as evil as abortion... Babies are innocent. No adult is innocent.

God Bless,
ironmonk

Edited by ironmonk

[quote name='Cure of Ars' post='1530771' date='May 17 2008, 09:30 AM']Probably depends on the unjust war. Nuking whole nations just for giggles has to be worse.[/quote]
What about waterboarding your roommate just for giggles? I do that every morning after my cigarette, and listening to the Jack Bauer quotes I have on tape.

"4cc's you will feel pain I can not begin to describe. 8cc's I run the risk of inducing cardiac arrest. DON'T MAKE ME DO THIS!"

"Now we're gonna have some fun."

:numchucks:

[quote name='Justin86' post='1532015' date='May 17 2008, 11:42 PM']What about waterboarding your roommate just for giggles? I do that every morning after my cigarette, and listening to the Jack Bauer quotes I have on tape.

"4cc's you will feel pain I can not begin to describe. 8cc's I run the risk of inducing cardiac arrest. DON'T MAKE ME DO THIS!"

"Now we're gonna have some fun."

:numchucks:[/quote]
I hear waterboarding is quite therapeutic.

[quote name='ironmonk' post='1531880' date='May 17 2008, 09:43 PM']Unjust war is not as evil as abortion... Babies are innocent. No adult is innocent.
God Bless,
ironmonk[/quote]

I hope you're not implying that only adults die in wars.

[quote name='JesusIsMySuperHero' post='1531705' date='May 17 2008, 07:27 PM']Catherine, there is evil in everybody's heart, true, and I have faced my evil, and the evil of my life is always before me.

I consider about 1/2 of the world untrustworthy, but there are those who have more control over the world than others right now.

The way I think of it is this - the Rothschilds fortune is estimated about about 600 trillion dollars right now. That is enough to lidiqudate and give about 70-90 thousand dollars to each person in the world. . .

To think they don't have power to sway people not to do what they ask is really naive, sorry to say.

I also think about three American Presidents when I say this.

Abraham Lincoln told members of the Rothschild family to get out of his office when they told him they could finance his war against the south. Abraham Lincoln was assassinated by John Wilkes Booth.

John Fitzgerald Kennedy tried to have the CIA dismantle after the Bay of Pigs incident, because he didn't want to be the President that would be responsible for WWIII. The CIA directors are almost always friends with the Rothschild family. He ended up being assassinated!

Ronald Reagan (Who is not the Anti-Christ by any means), created a commission to look where Income Tax goes, and found it goes off to pay off loans from the privately owned Federal Reserve, the brain child of the Rothschilds, and someone tried to assassinate him.

Hmmmmm, Here's three presidents who did something that made the Rothschilds angry, and two were assassinated, and one almost was. They were [b]probably[/b] involved! Don't be naive, that family is evil and probably kills presidents and other world leaders as it fits their goals![/quote]

JIMSH, I am beginning to think that you have an unhealthy obsession with the Rothschilds.

JesusIsMySuperHero

[quote name='kujo' post='1532115' date='May 18 2008, 12:28 AM']JIMSH, I am beginning to think that you have an unhealthy obsession with the Rothschilds.[/quote]
You're probably right about that. I shouldn't really think too much about them, as they will be getting theirs anyways.