An Old School Catholic Message Board

Televangelist John Hagee Apologized For Calling The Catholic Church

White Knight

kamiller42

[quote name='StColette' post='1528430' date='May 14 2008, 12:54 PM']Two men I can think of a Van Impe (who reads the Catechism on his show) and Billy Graham. Both of those men dedicated years to bad mouthing the Church and then something came over them (about the time JPII was elected Pope). I pray it is the same with Hagee.[/quote]
Van Impe :lol_roll: He's funny. His dramatic delivery. His machine gun delivery of Bible references when going on his diatribes. The low production quality. And don't get him started on the rapture. The show is SNL skit pretending to be a serious news analysis show.

[quote name='kamiller42' post='1528551' date='May 14 2008, 03:06 PM']Van Impe :lol_roll: He's funny. His dramatic delivery. His machine gun delivery of Bible references when going on his diatribes. The low production quality. And don't get him started on the rapture. The show is SNL skit pretending to be a serious news analysis show.[/quote]

His show may be a little hokey but I commend him for the turn around he had. Any Protestant who is willing to use the Catechism to teach and says that what the Catechism says is what the Church teaches. I respect that highly.

praying4carmel

[quote name='goldenchild17' post='1528513' date='May 14 2008, 04:21 PM']the Springs. I couldn't give a rat's a** about the coalition.[/quote]

The Springs are beautiful!

Seriously is it different to live there with all the evangelical activity around or is it kinda sequestered off on it's own?

Madame Vengier

I just came across this:

[url="http://cristyli.blogspot.com/2008/05/john-hagee-apologizes-to-catholics.html"]http://cristyli.blogspot.com/2008/05/john-...-catholics.html[/url]

There is a link to an article saying that his words were twisted by someone else and that he's not the person he was made out to be. That's a relief and good news.

Edit: Okay, that link is not in reference to his anti-Catholic comments, but rather in reference to anti-Semitic comments that were attributed to him which are clearly false.

Edited by Madame Vengier

goldenchild17

[quote name='praying4carmel' post='1528670' date='May 14 2008, 04:20 PM']The Springs are beautiful!

Seriously is it different to live there with all the evangelical activity around or is it kinda sequestered off on it's own?[/quote]

well technically I live a little bit outside the springs, but I lived in Colorado Springs for 2-3 years and I didn't even notice it hardly at all. Maybe I was sheltered, or maybe I'm just used to it, but I don't think it's that out of the ordinary.

[quote name='goldenchild17' post='1528679' date='May 14 2008, 06:32 PM']well technically I live a little bit outside the springs, but I lived in Colorado Springs for 2-3 years and I didn't even notice it hardly at all. Maybe I was sheltered, or maybe I'm just used to it, but I don't think it's that out of the ordinary.[/quote]

Love Colorado Springs...my good friend Brittany lives there and I went up to see her last summer.

Paddington

[quote name='catholicinsd' post='1529340' date='May 15 2008, 12:55 PM']McCain doesn't deserve the Catholic Vote.[/quote]

Maybe you misworded, but "who deserves what" sounds like an impossible way to vote.
People should vote for what they think is best for the United States and the world and the future and kittens.

goldenchild17

[quote name='kujo' post='1528787' date='May 14 2008, 06:13 PM']Love Colorado Springs...my good friend Brittany lives there and I went up to see her last summer.[/quote]

It's pretty cool. Though I'm more of a bigger city kinda person. I'm moving to Denver in a couple months.

JesusIsMySuperHero

Considering that the Whore of Babylon is not the Catholic Church, and the Mark of the Beast is not some chip people are talking about, John Hagee is about a spiritually awake as a rock. . .

Human beings have had this problem blaming their short comings on others since the original sin!

That is why so many people point at the Roman Catholic Church, as it is something they can point at.

The one thing I want holy spirit filled individuals to understand, it is not an organization that is evil, its the members of the organization that is evil. I consider half the world the whore of Babylon, enjoying the sufferings of people world wide, having taken the mark of the beast already! They love playing God, whether it is leaning on their own understandings of things, whether they love changing the things God has made, or making decisions only God should make.