An Old School Catholic Message Board

Something Biblical And Scientific To Rebut The Big Bang Theory

genxcathedra

JesusIsMySuperHero

[quote name='Archaeology cat' post='1529359' date='May 15 2008, 09:52 AM']First off, I think it's great that you fully recovered from the stroke. Praise God!

Second, evolution and natural selection don't mean that there won't be any weaknesses or that the strong will always win in a fight. These changes occur over many generations, and it just means those who are better adapted to their environment are more likely to survive longer, and therefore more likely to pass on their genes. You have to look at the entire population to see what's happening, as it doesn't work to look at it on an individual basis. Perhaps one of the most used examples is of the [url="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peppered_moth"]peppered moth[/url]. Those that had the colouring to blend in with the trees the best survived longer (because birds couldn't see them as easily) and therefore more of them were able to breed and to pass on those desirable traits.[/quote]

I am too, if it weren't for God at that moment, I would have been dead, and I wouldn't be here right now.

I agree with micro evolution, not macro. I didn't come from a single cell organism. All life was created as is. Moths don't become ants, and ants don't become Wasps, and Dogs don't become cats, ect, ect, ect!

Archaeology cat

[quote name='JesusIsMySuperHero' post='1529367' date='May 15 2008, 04:01 PM']I agree with micro evolution, not macro. I didn't come from a single cell organism. All life was created as is. Moths don't become ants, and ants don't become Wasps, and Dogs don't become cats, ect, ect, ect![/quote]
Not being a biologist, I can't say with certainty, but I didn't think there was a substantial difference in how microevolution & macroevolution worked. But as I'm not entirely sure, I won't argue that point. I suppose I could ask some of the evolutionary anthropologists on campus, though I don't generally dwell [i]too [/i]much on evolution, to be honest.

cmotherofpirl

I am glad you recovered from your stroke, but your story has nothing to do with evolution, the Big Bang, or methods of C-14 dating.

cmotherofpirl

[quote name='Archaeology cat' post='1529359' date='May 15 2008, 11:52 AM']First off, I think it's great that you fully recovered from the stroke. Praise God!

Second, evolution and natural selection don't mean that there won't be any weaknesses or that the strong will always win in a fight. These changes occur over many generations, and it just means those who are better adapted to their environment are more likely to survive longer, and therefore more likely to pass on their genes. You have to look at the entire population to see what's happening, as it doesn't work to look at it on an individual basis. Perhaps one of the most used examples is of the [url="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peppered_moth"]peppered moth[/url]. Those that had the colouring to blend in with the trees the best survived longer (because birds couldn't see them as easily) and therefore more of them were able to breed and to pass on those desirable traits.[/quote]
Not all change occurs slowly - birds in England have adapted their breeding season to the warmer seasons in the last 30 years. In a PBS special on dogs, russians trying to breed tamer foxes [for their pelts] bred the most amiable ones together and in about 10 years had black and white "dogs" who came when called and clearly looked like dogs, and not the least like foxes.

Archaeology cat

[quote name='cmotherofpirl' post='1529403' date='May 15 2008, 05:08 PM']Not all change occurs slowly - birds in England have adapted their breeding season to the warmer seasons in the last 30 years. In a PBS special on dogs, russians trying to breed tamer foxes [for their pelts] bred the most amiable ones together and in about 10 years had black and white "dogs" who came when called and clearly looked like dogs, and not the least like foxes.[/quote]
I didn't know about those - thanks CMum!

Farsight one

[quote name='JesusIsMySuperHero' post='1529367' date='May 15 2008, 11:01 AM']I am too, if it weren't for God at that moment, I would have been dead, and I wouldn't be here right now.

I agree with micro evolution, not macro. I didn't come from a single cell organism. All life was created as is. Moths don't become ants, and ants don't become Wasps, and Dogs don't become cats, ect, ect, ect![/quote]Macro evolution is absolutely nothing more than many instances of micro evolution happening end to end to end. Moths becoming ants and dogs becoming cats would actually fly in the face of evolution, not support it. If you're having trouble comprehending how something could change over time, try this video: [url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mX4pXFhZA28"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mX4pXFhZA28[/url]. Just keep in mind that that's not one organism living millions of years, but rather thousands upon thousands of generations of organisms set end to end. And, most of the "generations" in the video are known species. There's a gap here and there, but this IS still a relatively young science.

Fidei Defensor

[quote name='Archaeology cat' post='1529375' date='May 15 2008, 09:19 AM']Not being a biologist, I can't say with certainty, but I didn't think there was a substantial difference in how microevolution & macroevolution worked. But as I'm not entirely sure, I won't argue that point. I suppose I could ask some of the evolutionary anthropologists on campus, though I don't generally dwell [i]too [/i]much on evolution, to be honest.[/quote]
A combination of natural selection and genetic mutation is responsible for all evolution. Natural selection being that beneficial traits were passed on to future generations because unbeneficial traits died off with the carrier, hence "survival of the fittest" or more accurately, "reproduction of the fittest." However, traits that were more beneficial than normal traits came about by genetic mutations.

[quote name='fidei defensor' post='1530006' date='May 15 2008, 09:40 PM']A combination of natural selection and genetic mutation is responsible for all evolution. Natural selection being that beneficial traits were passed on to future generations because unbeneficial traits died off with the carrier, hence "survival of the fittest" or more accurately, "reproduction of the fittest." However, traits that were more beneficial than normal traits came about by genetic mutations.[/quote]Only traits that cause death before reproductive age die off... that's why so many diseases are inherited. The term "fittest" is inaccurate; it's more like survival/reproduction of the not too lethal.

Edited by tgoldson

Archaeology cat

[quote name='Farsight one' post='1529866' date='May 16 2008, 12:59 AM']Macro evolution is absolutely nothing more than many instances of micro evolution happening end to end to end. Moths becoming ants and dogs becoming cats would actually fly in the face of evolution, not support it. If you're having trouble comprehending how something could change over time, try this video: [url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mX4pXFhZA28"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mX4pXFhZA28[/url]. Just keep in mind that that's not one organism living millions of years, but rather thousands upon thousands of generations of organisms set end to end. And, most of the "generations" in the video are known species. There's a gap here and there, but this IS still a relatively young science.[/quote]
Thanks, that's kinda what I'd thought.

[quote name='fidei defensor' post='1530006' date='May 16 2008, 03:40 AM']A combination of natural selection and genetic mutation is responsible for all evolution. Natural selection being that beneficial traits were passed on to future generations because unbeneficial traits died off with the carrier, hence "survival of the fittest" or more accurately, "reproduction of the fittest." However, traits that were more beneficial than normal traits came about by genetic mutations.[/quote]
Gotcha. Thank you.

cmotherofpirl

[quote name='fidei defensor' post='1530006' date='May 15 2008, 11:40 PM']A combination of natural selection and genetic mutation is responsible for all evolution. Natural selection being that beneficial traits were passed on to future generations because unbeneficial traits died off with the carrier, hence "survival of the fittest" or more accurately, "reproduction of the fittest." However, traits that were more beneficial than normal traits came about by genetic mutations.[/quote]
Genes don 't actually have to change, they can simply be turned off, or their expression altered by lifestyle or simple geography.

A case of rapid evolution: [url="http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2008/05/080515120759.htm"]http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2008/...80515120759.htm[/url]

dairygirl4u2c

by the way he's acting, i'm pretty sure the only prideful person here is JIMSH...

unless he genuinely believes what he's saying, then it's just naiveness. (and probably ignorance but i don't want to be presumptuous or overly mean)

dairygirl4u2c

genetically distinct evolution in 20 years
[url="http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2004/08/040805090553.htm"]http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2004/...40805090553.htm[/url]

JesusIsMySuperHero

[quote name='dairygirl4u2c' post='1531853' date='May 17 2008, 08:25 PM']by the way he's acting, i'm pretty sure the only prideful person here is JIMSH...

unless he genuinely believes what he's saying, then it's just naiveness. (and probably ignorance but i don't want to be presumptuous or overly mean)[/quote]

I genuinely believe what I am saying. God didn't evolve anything. If everybody here wants to believe that, fine, go ahead. If you can't see the evil implications of the teachings of Evolution, you might just want to put me on ignore. All the others who don't want to contend with my stands have done so already.

I would rather not be wise in the things of the world, but I would rather stand on blind faith in what the bible says, as it says the morning and the evening were the first day, the second day, the third day, the fourth day, the fifth day, the sixth day, and God rested on the seventh day. I wonder, what does morning and evening means? I guess God was just talking about geological time periods. I should just trust what a man said, and not what the bible says. I am enlightened now. Yes, Evolution is real! I can see it. The more fit should be able to live on the deaths of the less fit. God is cruel! Oh Smiteful one, whom shall I smite!

[quote name='JesusIsMySuperHero' post='1532008' date='May 17 2008, 11:35 PM']I genuinely believe what I am saying. God didn't evolve anything. If everybody here wants to believe that, fine, go ahead. If you can't see the evil implications of the teachings of Evolution, you might just want to put me on ignore. All the others who don't want to contend with my stands have done so already.

I would rather not be wise in the things of the world, but I would rather stand on blind faith in what the bible says, as it says the morning and the evening were the first day, the second day, the third day, the fourth day, the fifth day, the sixth day, and God rested on the seventh day. I wonder, what does morning and evening means? I guess God was just talking about geological time periods. I should just trust what a man said, and not what the bible says. I am enlightened now. Yes, Evolution is real! I can see it. The more fit should be able to live on the deaths of the less fit. God is cruel! Oh Smiteful one, whom shall I smite![/quote]

Whose interpretation of the bible are you going off of?

JesusIsMySuperHero

[quote name='Alycin' post='1532012' date='May 17 2008, 10:39 PM']Whose interpretation of the bible are you going off of?[/quote]
Does it not say, the morning and the evening are the first day, the second day, the third day, the fourth day, the fifth day, the sixth day, the seventh day?

What is a morning and evening but 24 hours. God is not the author of confusion. Anybody saying it is anything but a 24 hour day is causing the confusion, and therefore, is trying to convince people the truth is a lie and a lie is the truth. God says he will throw anybody who loveth and maketh a lie into the firey lake!

I hate (don't hate, appreciate) the evil of this debate. God didn't create over billions of years. He could have, I will be the first to admit he could, because what can God not do. But he didn't!

Anybody who thinks that its okay to believe in Evolution and believe in God, I ask what Joshua asked the Israelites, whom will you serve, the gods of the people of this land or God, as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord!

You can't have both. They are mutually exclusive. You believe a lie! I will not accept any lies, and I can see through them easily. I can't wait for Jesus to come back and say, I created everything in 6 days, and this creation is only 6000 years old!

I am not angry at you Alycin, but I am angry at the evil of this philosophy and religion of evolution! I hate (don't hate, appreciate) it, and I oppose it, as there are some sickos who would use this teaching to justify the evil they are doing to other men, because the more fit should be able to abuse the less fit!