An Old School Catholic Message Board

What Is The Mark Of The Beast

JesusIsMySuperHero

What do you think  

27 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

JesusIsMySuperHero

[quote name='HisChildForever' post='1525489' date='May 11 2008, 10:48 PM']I think that it is a little extreme for you to be damning these people to Hell, the ones who (as you gave for an example) believe in the genetic manipulation of genes of children in the womb. These people are not evil and corrupt, nor are they Lucifer lovers, and certainly they are not trying to brainwash anybody. I would say that they are misguided Catholics (you say you have seen these people on the boards?) who just need to be pointed in the right direction to help them understand why such a thing is immoral. Maybe they have been misinformed about the process. Or, perhaps a fellow Catholic told them it was okay to believe such a thing, and they think it's Church teaching or approved by the Church. You don't know the circumstances.

Your writing style is familiar. I remember, in my lurking days, an individual who sounded....much like you. Damning everybody.[/quote]

HCF,

I am not damning anybody. I am saying, everybody has to wake up and make choices about things that are just ahead of us. There are deceivers who would say anything nowadays, they want the world their way, and are trying anything to make it happen. Remember, God has to shorten their days, because they can deceive the very elect.

I am not one of those patti-cake Christians who wont stand against evil. If people want to play God, let them. If they will listen to the spirit and stop what they are doing, then let them do that as well! I am here as a rope. If someone wants to use the rope I put out to climb out of a pit, saying, you know what, he makes a great argument against a lot of this stuff, as it does sound like men are starting to play God, which is what the first sin was all about, Satan promised we would be just like God if we ate the apple, and I am seeing it fulfilled in my life time! But, at the same time, I am giving enough rope for the deceivers to hang themselves on it!

And yes, I am someone who visited these boards in the past. But that isn't relevant.

JesusIsMySuperHero

[quote name='hot stuff' post='1525492' date='May 11 2008, 10:53 PM']for it to be a question, it needs to have a question mark somewhere.
If its a question without a question mark, that would actually blow my mind.

Then I could just make statements?[/quote]
agreed, bad wording.

HisChildForever

[quote name='JesusIsMySuperHero' post='1525494' date='May 12 2008, 12:59 AM']HCF,

I am not damning anybody. I am saying, everybody has to wake up and make choices about things that are just ahead of us. There are deceivers who would say anything nowadays, they want the world their way, and are trying anything to make it happen. Remember, God has to shorten their days, because they can deceive the very elect.

I am not one of those patti-cake Christians who wont stand against evil. If people want to play God, let them. If they will listen to the spirit and stop what they are doing, then let them do that as well! I am here as a rope. If someone wants to use the rope I put out to climb out of a pit, saying, you know what, he makes a great argument against a lot of this stuff, as it does sound like men are starting to play God, which is what the first sin was all about, Satan promised we would be just like God if we ate the apple, and I am seeing it fulfilled in my life time! But, at the same time, I am giving enough rope for the deceivers to hang themselves on it!

And yes, I am someone who visited these boards in the past. But that isn't relevant.[/quote]

So you believe that the misguided on this forum - i.e., those who say they are practicing Catholics or Protestants who have contrary beliefs to those of basic Christianity - are purposefully trying to deceive everyone else by spreading these contrary beliefs? You can't even sit back and think that maybe these Christians had poor instruction and were taught that immorality is morality?

Well, that rope analogy was...impressively morbid of you. Whatever happened to being kind, gentle, compassionate, forgiving, and loving? You're suggesting that if a sinner (and here I am even more confused because you're included in that category of 'sinner' as am I) doesn't take hold of *your* ideologies, they might as well (metaphorically) hang themselves?

dairygirl4u2c

[quote]John 6:66

This verse describes the disciples who no longer followed Jesus because they refused to believe in the Holy Eucharist.

Those who refuse to accept this gift from Jesus are the anti-Christ. Most especially those who say they believe in Jesus and create their own "churches" teaching their own versions of the Bible and promoting their own image of Jesus, all the while denying the Eucharist...these are the false prophets of the anti-Christ, because they make it more confusing and more difficult for those who are truly seeking the Lord.[/quote]

i found that argument compelling.given the soundness of the eucharistic argument, but even the hate (don't hate, appreciate) and spite and irrationality of those against the CC and even this teaching is also indicative. if the CC is true, andor this teaching, you wouldn't expect any less.
it would be interesting what catholics would have voted had this verse been in the options. i bet they would have picked it largely. what do you all think?

i also find the man trying to be God argument compelling. of course, i still insist fixing diseases is okay genetically, as far as i know, given i don't know about mutations etc, but i don't know ethically about making super humans as i had once suggested.

i always thought the mark, was akin to the antichrist.... so denying that Christ came in the flesh is the mark of the beast, or similar orthodox interpretations.

Edited by dairygirl4u2c

Madame Vengier

[quote name='HisChildForever' post='1525489' date='May 11 2008, 10:48 PM']Your writing style is familiar. I remember, in my lurking days, an individual who sounded....much like you. Damning everybody.[/quote]

I have this person on IGNORE, thus I cannot see his posts unless someone quotes him and even then I don't read it. You guys are dealing with a person who is clearly not of sound mind, and continuing to debate with him and try to reason with him, will only get you very stressed out and exhausted.

FWIW, this is the guy who called me a witch (yes, a real witch), stated that I was a slave to the devil (referred to the devil as being my "master"), and stated that I was trying to put curses on people. He also said I "don't love Jesus" and am "not really a Catholic" and I "don't have the Holy Spirit". This was all because I said that I believe Christians can do yoga without the new age, eastern spirituality influence--just as exercise. Very, very disgusting comments he made and of course no one called him out on it. I don't frankly know why he's still allowed to post here...but whatever. Apparently, some people are fair game to be insulted at Phatmass, while others are not. He's inordinately obsessed with things relating to sin, hell, and death. I don't think it's healthy to even read his posts let alone debate with him.

He also posted elsewhere that Lucifer is still "in the heavens".

And his friend, "KnightofChrist" always manages to come rolling into discussions at the same time he does. I have him on IGNORE also.

Edited by Madame Vengier

JesusIsMySuperHero

[quote name='HisChildForever' post='1525501' date='May 11 2008, 11:09 PM']So you believe that the misguided on this forum - i.e., those who say they are practicing Catholics or Protestants who have contrary beliefs to those of basic Christianity - are purposefully trying to deceive everyone else by spreading these contrary beliefs? You can't even sit back and think that maybe these Christians had poor instruction and were taught that immorality is morality?

Well, that rope analogy was...impressively morbid of you. Whatever happened to being kind, gentle, compassionate, forgiving, and loving? You're suggesting that if a sinner (and here I am even more confused because you're included in that category of 'sinner' as am I) doesn't take hold of *your* ideologies, they might as well (metaphorically) hang themselves?[/quote]

I have no ideologies. . .

I just draw the line on the sand.

BTW, I can tell when someone is just considering it, and when someone is actively promoting something. I would have those who are considering it think about it for a moment, and then changing their minds, letting the spirit testify to what I am saying. Those who promote, it will take God to humble them before they will reconsider!

Autumn Dusk

[quote name='Madame Vengier' post='1525466' date='May 12 2008, 12:14 AM']She's not evil or occultish. She was in a mental institution, did you know that? She had some very bad influences in her life including an older man who had her hooked on multiple prescription medications. It's not nice to make fun of people who are suffering mentally and even worse to call them evil.[/quote]

I don't think its nice to parade a picture of a mentally ill person as your avatar. I don't know WHAT you're trying to get at by doing so but, honestly, would you want someone using your picture like that?

JesusIsMySuperHero

[quote name='Madame Vengier' post='1525568' date='May 12 2008, 05:49 AM']I have this person on IGNORE, thus I cannot see his posts unless someone quotes him and even then I don't read it. You guys are dealing with a person who is clearly not of sound mind, and continuing to debate with him and try to reason with him, will only get you very stressed out and exhausted.[/quote]

Deny, lie, and then crucify.

I know you will not respond to this, but you're becoming a broken record.