An Old School Catholic Message Board

Being Anti-gay Marriage = Against Minority Rights?

Paladin D

KnightofChrist

[quote name='Alycin' post='1525168' date='May 11 2008, 04:19 PM'][url="http://psychology.ucdavis.edu/rainbow/html/facts_molestation.html"]Link[/url], to avoid an unnecessarily long post.[/quote]

Ah yes now you use a pro-homosexual site to counter my pro christian sources.

[url="http://psychology.ucdavis.edu/RAINBOW/index.html"]http://psychology.ucdavis.edu/RAINBOW/index.html[/url]

---------------------

[url="http://www.catholicleague.org/catalyst.php?year=2006&month=January-February&read=1996"]THERE NEVER WAS A "PEDOPHILIA" CRISIS[/url]

In a 1985 article published in Psychological Reports, Cameron purported to review published data to answer the question, "Do those who commit homosexual acts disproportionately incorporate children into their sexual practices?" (p. 1227). [size=3]He concluded that "at least one-third of the sexual attacks upon youth are homosexual"[/size] (p. 1228) and that "those who are bi- to homosexual are proportionately much more apt to molest youth" than are heterosexuals (p. 1231).

Cameron's claims hinge on the[u][b] fallacious assumption[/b][/u] that all male-male molestations are committed by homosexuals. Moreover, a careful reading of Cameron's paper reveals several false statements about the literature he claimed to have reviewed.

For example, he cited the Groth and Birnbaum (1978) study mentioned previously as evidencing a 3:2 ratio of "heterosexual" (i.e., female victim) to "homosexual" (i.e., male victim) molestations, and he noted that "54% of all the molestations in this study were performed by bisexual or homosexual practitioners" (p. 1231). However, Groth and Birnbaum reported that [i]none[/i] of the men in their sample had an exclusively homosexual adult sexual orientation, and that [i]none[/i] of the 22 bisexual men were more attracted to adult males than to adult females. The "54%" statistic reported by Cameron doesn't appear anywhere in the Groth and Birnbaum (1978) article, nor does Cameron explain its derivation.

It is also noteworthy that, [u][b]although Cameron assumed that the perpetrators of male-male molestations were all homosexual, he assumed that not all male-female molestations were committed by heterosexuals.[/b][/u]

Cameron continues to produce reports that essentially repeat the same inaccurate claims. [size=3]Perhaps one of the best indicators of his [b]diminishing credibility[/b] in this area is that his work was not cited in the 2004 FRC report discussed in detail above.[/size]"

KnightofChrist

Gregory Herek, Ph.D. who wrote the article you are posting is a activist for the homosexual movement. It is no wonder he will find in favor of homosexuality.

[quote name='KnightofChrist' post='1525174' date='May 11 2008, 05:35 PM']Ah yes now you use a pro-homosexual site to counter my pro christian sources.

[url="http://psychology.ucdavis.edu/RAINBOW/index.html"]http://psychology.ucdavis.edu/RAINBOW/index.html[/url]
---------------------

[url="http://www.catholicleague.org/catalyst.php?year=2006&month=January-February&read=1996"]THERE NEVER WAS A "PEDOPHILIA" CRISIS[/url][/quote]

Yeah, I did.

However, my source cited all the SCIENTIFIC publications used, which were not biased sources, as well as disproving all of your sources, in one place.

How could I pass that up?

:P

KnightofChrist

[quote name='Alycin' post='1525187' date='May 11 2008, 04:53 PM']Yeah, I did.

However, my source cited all the SCIENTIFIC publications used, which were not biased sources, as well as disproving all of your sources, in one place.

How could I pass that up?[/quote]

Oh yes they are [i]scientific[/i], but are they unbiased? The article you've posted certainly is not, it was written by a homosexual activist, who will pay no attention to scientific evidence in favor of the Christian argument.

Edited by KnightofChrist

[quote name='KnightofChrist' post='1525170' date='May 11 2008, 05:28 PM']That really doesn't disprove anything now does it, no, it is moving the target, the next would be well that is only the opinion of those studies or study. But yours is a quite illrelevant argument coming from a christian. Your not a male, your not homosexual, and you do believe in God.

What does a gay male atheist base his mortality on anyway? If there be no God, there is no right or wrong, no good or evil.[/quote]

And that is exactly my point.

How easy it is for one Christian to say to another, "this is truth." There will be no argument. But tell me, what good does that do? To reaffirm what we already know is true?

If we are to minister to the homosexual population, who disagrees with us, we actually have to use sources they won't reject outright.

(And, by the way, they would have every right to reject outright, seeing as how, as stated above, the research was faulty.)

[quote name='KnightofChrist' post='1525190' date='May 11 2008, 05:56 PM']Oh yes they are [i]scientific[/i], but are they unbiased? The article you've posted certainly is not, it was written by a homosexual activist, who will pay no attention to scientific evidence in favor of the Christian argument.[/quote]

Yes, the sources are unbiased and widely accepted in the scientific community as such. The article is biased, as are all the links KofC posted, but the difference is, KofC's articles all site studies that have been proven as having used faulty research techniques, whereas the article that I linked to managed to only use studies that are accepted as accurate.

KnightofChrist

Cameron 1985 article published, was scientific. What you have provide is not.

[quote name='KnightofChrist' post='1525190' date='May 11 2008, 05:56 PM']pay no attention to scientific evidence in favor of the Christian argument.[/quote]

In the case of trying to link pedophilia with homosexuality, there isn't any.

[quote name='KnightofChrist' post='1525194' date='May 11 2008, 06:01 PM']Cameron 1985 article published, was scientific. What you have provide is not.[/quote]

According to who?

The FRC rejects it.

To clarify, I do believe that homosexuality is immoral.

I do not believe, not for a minute, that the prevalence of pedophiles who are also homosexuals is what it's made out to be.

KnightofChrist

[quote name='Alycin' post='1525195' date='May 11 2008, 05:02 PM']In the case of trying to link pedophilia with homosexuality, there isn't any.[/quote]

According to you in post 43. Why else argue what a [u]atheist[/u] homosexual would believe.

KnightofChrist

[quote name='Alycin' post='1525196' date='May 11 2008, 05:03 PM']According to who?

The FRC rejects it.[/quote]

Psychological Reports, a scientific publication.

[quote name='KnightofChrist' post='1525200' date='May 11 2008, 07:08 PM']According to you in post 43. Why else argue what a [u]atheist[/u] homosexual would believe.[/quote]
Even a blind squirrel catches a nut.

[quote name='KnightofChrist' post='1525200' date='May 11 2008, 06:08 PM']According to you in post 43. Why else argue what a [u]atheist[/u] homosexual would believe.[/quote]

Come again?

If you are saying that the statement of mine you quoted has to do with me playing devil's advocate, you're wrong.

The overwhelming majority of studies conducted do not find a link between homosexuality and pedophilia. That is a fact.