An Old School Catholic Message Board

God Question

Guest OSO

Galloglasses

I suspect he was hoping we were going to go Bible Basher on him, he probably didn't expect us tonot take a hypothetical question ultra seriously.

missionseeker

In my Scripture class Father (who studied in Rome and has met both of the last two popes personally knows like 12 languages and has a degree from the pontifical university in this) said that in the OT, when it talks about God, it's really messengers of God- angels- because Humans couldn't handle God. And since they were messengers- the voice of God- the writers wrote that it was God. (because it was God's message, God's messengers sent to do God's work).

There was a very logical and precise answer. I'll have to look through my notes from last semester.

[quote name='LouisvilleFan' post='1522191' date='May 8 2008, 10:27 AM']He just wanted to start something and shoot down everybody's answer, even the joking ones.[/quote]

I figured....

JesusIsMySuperHero

Looks like my questions to him have scared him away. Maybe, hopefully, he really read what I had to say and think about it.

How can primitives 1700 years ago have written about an event that could happen, if Chernobyl's encasing deteroriates?

I hope he thinks about his path for right now, and then come back here and listen to the words of salvation in Jesus Christ. Who wants to start praying for that with me?

Edited by JesusIsMySuperHero

Jesus_lol

[quote name='LouisvilleFan' post='1519056' date='May 4 2008, 10:35 PM']Tell me every sin committed since my last Confession.

I started to include the date of my last Confession, but that's irrelevant since the Devil also knows that. And that's the trick: eliminating the possibility that this person isn't evil. But only God knows our hearts, so I'd simply ask him to pull a Padre Pio. :saint:[/quote]

so a good detective, or a member of the CIA, FBI, whatever, could possibly be God?

not being serious here, fyi :)

serious reply now.

if i met some one who said he was god, first off i would look in a mirror, and look for any huge mortal wounds, maybe check my pulse too. if i appeared to be in good health then i would definitely be doubtin'.

Edited by Jesus_lol

[quote name='picchick' post='1519070' date='May 5 2008, 12:55 AM']I don't know...
On one hand I would be skeptical. But then I have Thomas in my head and Jesus saying, "Blessed are those who believe but who have not seen."
So I don't know...
Wait, yes I do know. God would not come up to you and say, "I am God." He would instead come to you as a beggar or humblier form as He did the saints.

But to answer your question: I think I would know it was God because He'd come up to me like, "Hey....Meg....long time no see.....literally!" I'd be like, "Hey God, I went to Church Sunday!" And He'd be like, "Yeah but that was Sunday." I'd be like, "Yeah, but God, that was yesterday!" And He'd be like, "Yeah, Meg but with me there is no time." And then I'd say, "Aw, God I love you." And He would reply: "Meg, I love you too." Then we'd do a super cool hand shake (that would be the deciding factor) and then I would fall to my knees.

:cool:[/quote]
uber lawl.

Cept you got time and eternity mixed up, unless you're insinuating God is joking around with you.

[quote name='carrdero' post='1520239' date='May 6 2008, 04:32 AM']If someone come up to you and says they are God, tell them that is fine, that you are a god, too. If they start to display miracles or show off inconceivable amounts of power or wisdom, don't bow down to them. Simply put your hand in your armpit, proceed to make offensive noises and say, "Yeah, but can you do this?" It's a great icebreaker.[/quote]
:lol_pound:

Oh man that was funny! I hope that's not offensive to you...

[quote name='Deb' post='1520959' date='May 6 2008, 09:46 PM']I would ask him if there was a spoon.[/quote]

I am not God, but I can tell you there is no spoon :mellow:

[quote name='picchick' post='1521662' date='May 8 2008, 09:25 AM']I wish I heard OSO's take on his own question[/quote]
Yeah, it smelled like he was trying to start something. I actually found the question incredibly boring, and considered ignoring but figured what the hey, I'm not doing anything else right now, so I sounded off my opinion.