An Old School Catholic Message Board

God Question

Guest OSO

AccountDeleted

[i]"It is only with the heart that one can see clearly.
What is essential is invisible to the eye."[/i]

Antoine de St-Exupery

missionseeker

that was a messenger of God, not God Himself. and if i remember correctly, there were three of them

I am a child of God. I try to be a faithful follower.

Pretty sure if it was really God, the feeling in my heart would be undeniable.

[quote name='prose' post='1520450' date='May 6 2008, 02:06 PM']I am a child of God. I try to be a faithful follower.

Pretty sure if it was really God, the feeling in my heart would be undeniable.[/quote]
Mormons also describe it as a "burning in their bosom" though I fail to see how physical heartburn or other palpitations correlate to the identification of a god.

Edited by carrdero

missionseeker

"were our hearts not burning within us?"

for a lot of the saints, ecstacy was pain. we are human and not really able to handle God in person. You'd be able to know.

First, I think I would be able to feel whether or not it was GOD. I can feel him many times now, even though I cannot see him. Ya never know though.

Second. Only GOD can know what I am thinking so, I would tell him I have some questions but, will only ask them mentally. If he can't hear them. He isn't GOD.

I would ask him to tell me that he believes in Jesus Christ, incarnate and that he rebukes the evils of Satan.

I would spray him with some Holy Water and see what happens.

I would hand him a rosary and ask him to kiss it.

I would ask him to request that he be washed in the blood of Christ.

I could go on and on and on. I would not be an easy sell.

johnnydigit

i guess i wouldn't need to speak. i'd close my eyes, and when i opened them, he either would be gone, or we'd be in another world or dimension like in the Matrix. otherwise, "You aren't supposed to be here yet. 'splain."

johnnydigit

actually i met a homeless man who told me he was an angel. i didn't disregard it, i simply humored him and we had a great conversation about the Bible and God. i wanted to ask him if he knew my guardian angel, but i didn't get the chance. was he an angel? i guess it didn't really matter as long as i did my part. =D

[quote name='johnnydigit' post='1521015' date='May 6 2008, 10:43 PM']actually i met a homeless man who told me he was an angel. i didn't disregard it, i simply humored him and we had a great conversation about the Bible and God. i wanted to ask him if he knew my guardian angel, but i didn't get the chance. was he an angel? i guess it didn't really matter as long as i did my part. =D[/quote]

That is so awesome. I bet the Lord was smiling at you.

LouisvilleFan

[quote name='Justin86' post='1520295' date='May 6 2008, 10:42 AM']Are you suggesting that the Son would leave His Body and reincarnate? I'm not sure about the theological complications of that...

Has there been any evidence of Him doing this? Say, an apparition to a saint somewhere? I'm suspicious.[/quote]

Jacob wrestled with God and "one appearing like a son of God" appeared in the fire with Daniel and his two brothers. We also know that God walked in the Garden of Eden with Adam and Eve, though it's unclear if he took human form.

I was also thinking of this one...

[quote name='JesusIsMySuperHero' post='1520324' date='May 6 2008, 11:32 AM']He came in flesh to visit his friend Abraham. . .

Actually had a meal with him too, a fatted calf![/quote]

...but apparently it won't count...

[quote name='missionseeker' post='1520408' date='May 6 2008, 02:16 PM']that was a messenger of God, not God Himself. and if i remember correctly, there were three of them[/quote].

[quote name='Justin86' post='1520295' date='May 6 2008, 10:42 AM']Not sure what this means. :unsure:[/quote]

He's telling the truth either way... meaning that whether or not he's God, he honestly thinks he is God. I appreciate honesty, especially since many Christians can be pretty fake (ironically enough).

Edited by LouisvilleFan

LouisvilleFan

[quote name='picchick' post='1521662' date='May 7 2008, 08:25 PM']I wish I heard OSO's take on his own question[/quote]

He just wanted to start something and shoot down everybody's answer, even the joking ones.