An Old School Catholic Message Board

How Do You Feel About The Government

Altari

I don't like it. Especially this idea that the federal government would "buy" upside-down mortgages to "bail out" homeowners. I don't like the idea of the government owning my home - it smacks of communism.

CatherineM

The last big bail out of the savings in loans, included a big bail out of one of the Bush brothers, so that may be influencing the way he is thinking.

JesusIsMySuperHero

Everybody has to be aware of one thing,

[quote]And there came one of the seven angels which had the seven vials, and talked with me, saying unto me, Come hither; I will shew unto thee the judgment of the great whore that sitteth upon many waters:

With whom the kings (including all politicians, business leaders, and probably all religious leaders) of the earth have committed fornication, and the inhabitants of the earth have been made drunk with the wine of her fornication.

So he carried me away in the spirit into the wilderness: and I saw a woman sit upon a scarlet coloured beast, full of names of blasphemy, having seven heads and ten horns.

And the woman was arrayed in purple and scarlet colour, and decked with gold and precious stones and pearls, having a golden cup in her hand full of abominations and filthiness of her fornication:

And upon her forehead was a name written, MYSTERY, BABYLON THE GREAT, THE MOTHER OF HARLOTS AND ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH.[/quote]

We have to keep our leaders in government accountable. We have to limit they're power. We have to make sure that they don't step over the line, because if we allow them to step over one line, and draw another, the first time they step over is the hardest, the next one is easier and progressively gets easier for them.

I believe the Mystery of Babylon is the current economic system in the world.

[quote]And after these things I saw another angel come down from heaven, having great power; and the earth was lightened with his glory.

And he cried mightily with a strong voice, saying, Babylon the great is fallen, is fallen, and is become the habitation of devils, and the hold of every foul spirit, and a cage of every unclean and hateful bird.

For all nations have drunk of the wine of the wrath of her fornication, and the kings of the earth have committed fornication with her, and the merchants of the earth are waxed rich through the abundance of her delicacies.

And I heard another voice from heaven, saying, Come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues.

For her sins have reached unto heaven, and God hath remembered her iniquities.

Reward her even as she rewarded you, and double unto her double according to her works: in the cup which she hath filled fill to her double.

How much she hath glorified herself, and lived deliciously, so much torment and sorrow give her: for she saith in her heart, I sit a queen, and am no widow, and shall see no sorrow.

Therefore shall her plagues come in one day, death, and mourning, and famine; and she shall be utterly burned with fire: for strong is the Lord God who judgeth her.

And the kings of the earth, who have committed fornication and lived deliciously with her, shall bewail her, and lament for her, when they shall see the smoke of her burning,

Standing afar off for the fear of her torment, saying, Alas, alas that great city Babylon, that mighty city! for in one hour is thy judgment come.

[b]And the merchants of the earth shall weep and mourn over her; for no man buyeth their merchandise any more:[/b][/quote]

The CC doesn't control the economics of the world, and therefore are ruled out as being the total whore of Babylon. . .

Currently, the only way to prevent someone buying the merchandise of a merchant is to get rid of the economic system in the world. . .

The current economic system, called Globalization, certainly controls all people. . .

Edited by JesusIsMySuperHero

[quote name='JesusIsMySuperHero' post='1517846' date='May 4 2008, 01:11 PM']I believe the Mystery of Babylon is the current economic system in the world.
The CC doesn't control the economics of the world, and therefore are ruled out as being the total whore of Babylon. . .[/quote]
Well darn. I kinda liked the Church being the [i]total[/i] Whore of Babylon. Are we only a partial whore now? I feel unimportant. :sadwalk:

JesusIsMySuperHero

[quote name='Justin86' post='1517884' date='May 3 2008, 10:36 PM']Well darn. I kinda liked the Church being the [i]total[/i] Whore of Babylon. Are we only a partial whore now? I feel unimportant. :sadwalk:[/quote]

Justin, I've read a lot of your posts. I find you interesting.

The whore of Babylon really is a state of mind and a system. . .

It's not the CC, though leadership within the CC have certainly lived up to 666 on some occassions.

It's not the protestant faiths either, though there are plenty of examples of protestants living up to 666.

It's not the nations of the world either, though many leaders have been living examples of 666.

The whore of Babylon can be defined as one thing - The individuals who love playing God. . .

God has remembered all of their sins, and he will recompense them for playing God!

[quote name='JesusIsMySuperHero' post='1517896' date='May 4 2008, 01:42 PM']Justin, I've read a lot of your posts. I find you interesting.

The whore of Babylon really is a state of mind and a system. . .

It's not the CC, though leadership within the CC have certainly lived up to 666 on some occassions.

It's not the protestant faiths either, though there are plenty of examples of protestants living up to 666.

It's not the nations of the world either, though many leaders have been living examples of 666.

The whore of Babylon can be defined as one thing - The individuals who love playing God. . .

God has remembered all of their sins, and he will recompense them for playing God![/quote]
Ah, ok then. It's just usually it seems many Protestants label the Catholic Church as the Whore of Babylon. I think you still only called it a partial whore, but in fairness you said everyone was. I guess we're all just "The Little Whores of Babylon".

Edited by Justin86

JesusIsMySuperHero

[quote name='Justin86' post='1517932' date='May 3 2008, 11:27 PM']Ah, ok then. It's just usually it seems many Protestants label the Catholic Church as the Whore of Babylon. I think you still only called it a partial whore, but in fairness you said everyone was. I guess we're all just "The Little Whores of Babylon".[/quote]

That's how I look at it. Everybody is equally guilty of it, no matter what the organization you belong too.

I just don't like the finger pointing, as just as much every organization is guilty, every organization has good men and women who love God and want to do their best to serve him, listen to his voice, and do his will!

The Catholic Church as "The Whore"? Protestants are equal opportunity. Robertson, Wright et al are whores just as much as anyone else.

Ok everyone, come together now and sing, "We Are All The Little Whores of Babylon". :guitar:

Edited by Justin86

[quote name='Altari' post='1517949' date='May 4 2008, 03:25 PM']The Catholic Church as "The Whore"? Protestants are equal opportunity. Robertson, Wright et al are whores just as much as anyone else.[/quote]
Equal opportunity whores. Got it.

[quote name='Justin86' post='1517956' date='May 4 2008, 01:33 AM']Equal opportunity whores. Got it.[/quote]
Wow. Say it with me. "Unnecessary."

[quote name='Altari' post='1517970' date='May 4 2008, 03:42 PM']Wow. Say it with me. "Unnecessary."[/quote]
Sorry, I get carried away sometimes.

[quote name='Justin86' post='1517972' date='May 4 2008, 01:43 AM']Sorry, I get carried away sometimes.[/quote]
I'm a big fan of "Your Mom" jokes. This could have gone in a whole different direction. <_<