An Old School Catholic Message Board

Us Catholic Leadership Invites Hindu Leader

mortify

Madame Vengier

[quote]Stereotype, no. In fact, I mentioned Limbaugh and Hannity as examples of conservative media; didn't mean to say that you necessarily listened to them. I did, however, notice that you have a link to Michelle Malkin on your blog. I guess I'm not so far off afterall.[/quote]

If you have a problem with MM, that is your business. And you are far off. Very far off.

[quote]As for Socrates, I think it's plainly obvious that I do not support many of his views.[/quote]

It wasn't plainly obvious to me because I don't follow your posts, Micah.

[quote]Regardless, I am nevertheless a conservative. I was planning to vote for Sam Brownback until he left the race, and right now I'm planning on writing in Pope Benedict because McCain is simply a liberal in disguise.[/quote]

Well at least we agree on something: McCain being a liberal in disguise. Though I'm sure, based on your earlier assessment of me, I must have a trick up my sleeve for saying that I agree with you. I'm sure you will come up with some way to accuse me of something for that.

[quote name='Madame Vengier' post='1516557' date='May 2 2008, 05:01 AM']Like when Deb repeatedly stated that "Americans are greedy selfish pigs"? And when she repeatedly made rude and offensive comments about America, our government, and our citizens? There were no "reminders" about charity when that war was raging. Not from one single moderator. Not even when her repulsive comments were reported to the moderators.

It's the outright hypocrisy that boils my blood.

And if I attributed comments to you that you did not make, I do apologize for that.[/quote]
+J.M.J.+
:think: ah, moderators don't post private conversations that they have with members. so how do you know something wasn't said? :) at any rate, you & deb are the reason that thread (with the whole Americans are/aren't greedy pigs thing) got shut down.

as far as this one goes, in spite of attempts to turn this into a fruitful dialogue, it keeps spinning downward in an uncharitable manner. so it's closed because of:
-Catholic vs. Catholic debate
-personal attacks
-Public criticism of moderators

God bless everyone. :)