An Old School Catholic Message Board

Nostradamus

rizz_loves_jesus

JesusIsMySuperHero

[quote name='Socrates' post='1515510' date='Apr 30 2008, 08:09 PM']Some saints received private revelations, but even these we are not required to believe in. Nostradamus was not a saint. Divination is clearly condemned in the catechism.[/quote]

Not to mention, it is clearly condemned in the Bible too. . .

The last time I read, those who used spirits of divination needed to be stoned to death! If only it would be legal to do that now. . .

SaintOfVirtue

[quote name='JesusIsMySuperHero' post='1514669' date='Apr 29 2008, 06:34 PM']Totally inspired by Lucifier, the light bringer!

Lucifer still lives in the heavens, and can roam around as he pleases. He hasn't been binded to the earth just yet. So he can see the past, present, and future. He can give people impressions of what will happen because he knows.

Satan will be one of the last angles to be thrown into the bottomless pit, death and hell right after him. If you shake your head about death and hell, yes I believe they are also fallen angels, and frankly, I think they are more powerful than Lucifer is, as they are the last two principalities to be thrown into the burning lake.

The Bottomless Pit, Burning Lake and others are God's judgment. Death and Hell is just a fallen angels. That is why there are people who can have an agreement with Hell and Death, because Death and Hell is a person.
But I am a little off topic.

Nostradamus isn't a prophet.

God says anybody who is considered a prophet who gets one thing wrong should be stoned. If one of the Prophecies of Nostradamus was incorrect, then - he's a false prophet God would have us stoned.

Don't let the big fancy lights dazzle you. There are plenty of false prophets out there that God wouldn't have us stone, but it wouldn't be considered legal right now. . .[/quote]

Main disagreement I have here is that You seem to think the Devil is not in hell?
St. Micheal (sp?) the Archangel defeated the devil and cast him into the abyss.

The Devil is NOT God therefore he can only do what God allows him to do. He himself does NOT have any power least God wills it. the Devil cannot see the future on his own accord, he must first 'get permission' if you will, from God.

JesusIsMySuperHero

[quote name='SaintOfVirtue' post='1516955' date='May 2 2008, 08:21 PM']Main disagreement I have here is that You seem to think the Devil is not in hell?
St. Micheal (sp?) the Archangel defeated the devil and cast him into the abyss.

The Devil is NOT God therefore he can only do what God allows him to do. He himself does NOT have any power least God wills it. the Devil cannot see the future on his own accord, he must first 'get permission' if you will, from God.[/quote]

LOL!

Hell is an fallen angel.

[quote]Isaiah 28:14-19

Wherefore hear the word of the LORD, ye scornful men, that rule this people which is in Jerusalem.

Because ye have said, [b]We have made a covenant with death, and with hell are we at agreement[/b]; when the overflowing scourge shall pass through, it shall not come unto us: for we have made lies our refuge, and under falsehood have we hid ourselves:

Therefore thus saith the Lord GOD, Behold, I lay in Zion for a foundation a stone, a tried stone, a precious corner stone, a sure foundation: he that believeth shall not make haste.

Judgment also will I lay to the line, and righteousness to the plummet: and the hail shall sweep away the refuge of lies, and the waters shall overflow the hiding place.

And your covenant with death shall be disannulled, and your agreement with hell shall not stand; when the overflowing scourge shall pass through, then ye shall be trodden down by it.

From the time that it goeth forth it shall take you: for morning by morning shall it pass over, by day and by night: and it shall be a vexation only to understand the report.[/quote]

How can you have an agreement with a place? Explain that to me? You can only have an agreement with an intelligent being!

So, Lucifer is definitely not in hell right now.

He hasn't been sent into the bottomless pit yet, and scripture says

[quote]Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour: 1 Peter 5:8[/quote]

The Devil walks about. If he is in hell, where is he walking about, devouring those he may devour?

He's still in the heavens and on the earth. He is not in hell yet.

More importantly, who is he doing this to?

[quote]And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light. 2 Corinthians 11:14[/quote]

Another scripture to contend with

[quote]How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! [b]how art thou cut down to the ground[/b], which didst weaken the nations! Isaiah 14:12[/quote]

I don't think there is much ground in hell, as Hell is an intelligent being that people have made an agreement with.

[quote]And he said unto them, I beheld Satan as lightning fall from heaven. Luke 10:18[/quote]

If he is not going around deceiving right now and is in hell, imprisoned there, why does he have to appear as an angel of light?

Sometimes, I can't believe the spiritual blindness of people. The devil is in hell is unbiblical, and in fact- is 100 per cent against what the word of God says!

Beyond that, yes, God only allows Lucifer to do that. God allows Lucifer to illuminate people with what is happening in the future, but it is meant to be a trap for them. The ultimate form of playing God is to know the future. . .

Edited by JesusIsMySuperHero

[quote name='rizz_loves_jesus' post='1512755' date='Apr 29 2008, 06:23 AM']So I've been watching the History Channel for a while now, and today their person of interest is Nostradamus.

He seems to have predicted a lot of people and events, like Sept. 11/quote][/quote]
Actually, I believe they've already proven that was a hoax inspired by a junk email going around.

ardillacid

[quote name='JesusIsMySuperHero' post='1516972' date='May 2 2008, 10:01 PM']LOL!

Hell is an fallen angel.
How can you have an agreement with a place? Explain that to me? You can only have an agreement with an intelligent being![/quote]
It's a figure of speech. How many times have you heard in the news that the USA is in agreement with the UK? All the time. Two places being in an agreement. :rolleyes:

Archaeology cat

[quote name='JesusIsMySuperHero' post='1516972' date='May 3 2008, 03:01 AM']LOL!

Hell is an fallen angel.
How can you have an agreement with a place? Explain that to me? You can only have an agreement with an intelligent being![/quote]
As notardillacid said, it's an expression. If you read the whole verse, you see that it first says an agreement with "death", which I think we will agree is not a person. It then says an agreement with Sheol, which is the abode of the dead, not exactly Hell, from what I understand.

JesusIsMySuperHero

[quote name='notardillacid' post='1517096' date='May 3 2008, 05:16 AM']It's a figure of speech. How many times have you heard in the news that the USA is in agreement with the UK? All the time. Two places being in an agreement. :rolleyes:[/quote]
Yes, we use that all the time. As human beings, we tend to humanize places. I don't think God would humanize a place.

And when we say the USA is in agreement with the UK, it really means, the politicians of the USA are in agreement with the politicians of the UK. Groups of people in agreement. Not places, but groups of people.

So God probably means Hell is a person, and there are people who believe they have an agree with him/her/it.

I had one Satanist outright say that Hell was going to be paradise, because he had an agreement with Hell. . .

One of the reasons Satanists are so blatantly evil, the more evil they do, the more they believe they're afterlife will be a paradise! Of course, this also means they have refuge in lies.

JesusIsMySuperHero

[quote name='Archaeology cat' post='1517103' date='May 3 2008, 05:58 AM']As notardillacid said, it's an expression. If you read the whole verse, you see that it first says an agreement with "death", which I think we will agree is not a person. It then says an agreement with Sheol, which is the abode of the dead, not exactly Hell, from what I understand.[/quote]

Again that is the angel of death. You know, the one that went through Egypt and killed all the first born!

You know what, that makes more sense. . . Thanks for sharing.

ardillacid

[quote name='JesusIsMySuperHero' post='1517125' date='May 3 2008, 09:27 AM']Yes, we use that all the time. As human beings, we tend to humanize places. I don't think God would humanize a place.

And when we say the USA is in agreement with the UK, it really means, the politicians of the USA are in agreement with the politicians of the UK. Groups of people in agreement. Not places, but groups of people.

So God probably means Hell is a person, and there are people who believe they have an agree with him/her/it.

I had one Satanist outright say that Hell was going to be paradise, because he had an agreement with Hell. . .

One of the reasons Satanists are so blatantly evil, the more evil they do, the more they believe they're afterlife will be a paradise! Of course, this also means they have refuge in lies.[/quote]
The Bible was written by humans for humans through the inspiration of the HS. Of COURSE their are going to be human elements in it. :lol:

JesusIsMySuperHero

[quote name='notardillacid' post='1517326' date='May 3 2008, 01:18 PM']The Bible was written by humans for humans through the inspiration of the HS. Of COURSE their are going to be human elements in it. :lol:[/quote]

Of course humans will humanize things, but what I am saying, even if they do - like saying the USA is in agreement with the UK, it doesnt mean two places, but members of two governments. Only people can agree with each other. Places are non-intelligent and can't be in agreement with an intelligent being.

Or are you telling me, I can ask the Earth, a object and place, not to have gravity pull me towards it?

Besides, God would want things to be clear. Think of it like this, why would he put a scripture like people saying they have a covenant with death and they are in agreement with hell and it not mean exactly what it is saying? Is God the God of confusion, no! So he would make it clear, plain, simple - like a good journalist would. It is clear, plain, and simple that there are people who are in agreement with hell, and they are taking refuge in lies. You can't be in agreement with the Grand Canyon. If you tried to make an agreement with the Grand Canyon, people would look at you and laugh. . .

So, if you are in agreement, it means a neogation had to happen, and neogations only take place with two intelligent beings come to talk. . .

Edited by JesusIsMySuperHero