An Old School Catholic Message Board

Headed To Visit

praying4carmel

praying4carmel

[quote name='Gemma' post='1513875' date='Apr 29 2008, 12:57 PM']Do they happen to have a motherhouse tour on their website (and if not, could someone put the bug in their ear)? I recall seeing an outdoor photo of their motherhouse in Dehey's book, but I've never seen another. Does it still have a tall tower?

Thanks for sharing that insight on the habit. We needed to have it added to the discussion! I'm sure most of us who lean toward the habit-wearing knew what was there, but just couldn't put it into words. (I hope that makes sense).

Blessings,
Gemma[/quote]

I'll put a bug in their ear I know they are on their 2nd Bell tower.. Have you been to the website and did you see the Vocation Video??

Thanks for your kind words on the habit comments. I am a very Visually based person so alot of things make sense to me as I see them, THEN process them. So that's how the pieces came together for me. It was a Grace of God moment and i was very thankful to learn it from the Holy Spirit.

Peace
+
Nancy

irishdancer

[quote name='praying4carmel' post='1513858' date='Apr 29 2008, 10:43 AM']I honestly don't know what I would do without this community pn Phatmass and am so grateful to all of you, for your prayers and support.[/quote]
Back at you Nancy. :blowkiss:

praying4carmel

A Clarification:

My SD read this thread and said that the Community should really be Called "Active Contemplative" because they do LOH twice a day, and their basis is prayer, out of which their activity and service flow.

I just called it "Active" because they are more Active compared to the other communities I have looked at. I figured that you knew what I meant. They are active compared to the Carmelites that are enclosed, and Monastic.

Good on you for staying so open in your discernment. You're letting the Lord know that nothing is closed to you.