An Old School Catholic Message Board

Ewtn Hosts

Guest caddear

[quote name='Madame Vengier' post='1505955' date='Apr 21 2008, 07:38 PM']So is name-calling and hurling insults and false accusations...none of which I have done but which others have.[/quote]

[quote name='Madame Vengier' post='1505960' date='Apr 21 2008, 07:45 PM']And you're guilty of communism.

Plus, you may feel like YOU are a "GREEDY SELFISH PIG" but do not ever call the rest of us that. America is one of the most generous nations on earth. How dare you.[/quote]

Uh-huh....no name calling.

Anyone care to lock this topic before it continues to denigrate along the path it has taken?

Edited by BG45

Madame Vengier

[quote name='BG45' post='1506009' date='Apr 21 2008, 06:27 PM']Uh-huh....no name calling.

Anyone care to lock this topic before it continues to denigrate along the path it has taken?[/quote]

BG45, please try to pay attention. It was DEB who called her fellow Americans "greedy selfish pigs". The post is a few up ahead of yours. My response to Deb was that ***she*** may feel that she is a "greedy selfish pig" (since she said "we" Americans) but don't call the rest of us that.

I did NOT call Deb "a greedy selfish pig".

Are you ready to apologize to me for suggesting that I did and for declaring the thread should be locked because of it?

Edited by Madame Vengier

Please Miss, do not continue to put words into my mouth. My suggestion was independent of your commentary, it was a commentary on the entire direction of the way this thread has gone off topic into ad hominem attacks such as the one you have just perpetrated.

I cannot apologize for merely quoting you, because even though you were reiterating what Deb had said earlier, you were still saying it in an accusatory manner. I thank you for thinking I do not pay attention, but I do take care crafting posts here so as not to violate the rules, although feeding your anger has come perilously close.

Edited by BG45

[quote name='Madame Vengier' post='1505760' date='Apr 21 2008, 04:19 PM']Deb, are you back from Darfur yet? Aren't you supposed to go out there and explain to those poor tortured souls that "the Muslims are just like Catholics" and that they needn't worry because "most Muslims are good" and the "good Muslims" are going to "do something" to stop the radicals because Islam is such a nice religion and "the Koran is a peaceful book"?

Be sure to take pictures and share them with us.[/quote]

No, but I did just get back from Medjugorje and I took a lot of photos. I can see where your reference to Darfur is quite relevant to this debate. Nice way to avoid the comments.

[quote name='MIkolbe' post='1505975' date='Apr 21 2008, 07:05 PM']where is Dairygirl?[/quote]

I miss her and never realized how much I care for her.

[quote name='Madame Vengier' post='1505960' date='Apr 21 2008, 06:45 PM']And you're guilty of communism.

Plus, you may feel like YOU are a "GREEDY SELFISH PIG" but do not ever call the rest of us that. America is one of the most generous nations on earth. How dare you.[/quote]

Sorry, I was not referring to myself as a greedy selfish pig, just referring to the fact that WE do have the wealth in this nation to eliminate all poverty and collectively, as a nation, we do not. Lord forbid we give up that cabin up north or the third car or the multiple vacations or the house so big we have to hire illegal immigrants to clean it.
I do dare. I am an American, I have freedom of speech, I am a patriot and I love my country. That does not mean I can not see the bad in it as well as the good.
I don't hate (don't hate, appreciate) country nor do I hate (don't hate, appreciate) ihe people who are in it, legal or not. If that makes me a communist, so be it.
Now, you are still guilty of windbaggery.

Edited by Deb

[quote name='Deb' post='1506130' date='Apr 21 2008, 10:37 PM']Sorry, I was not referring to myself as a greedy selfish pig, just referring to the fact that WE do have the wealth in this nation to eliminate all poverty and collectively, as a nation, we do not. Lord forbid we give up that cabin up north or the third car or the multiple vacations or the house so big we have to hire illegal immigrants to clean it.
I do dare. I am an American, I have freedom of speech, I am a patriot and I love my country. That does not mean I can not see the bad in it as well as the good.
I don't hate (don't hate, appreciate) (don't hate (don't hate, appreciate), appreciate) (don't hate (don't hate, appreciate) (don't hate (don't hate, appreciate), appreciate), appreciate) country nor do I hate (don't hate, appreciate) (don't hate (don't hate, appreciate), appreciate) (don't hate (don't hate, appreciate) (don't hate (don't hate, appreciate), appreciate), appreciate) ihe people who are in it, legal or not. If that makes me a communist, so be it.[/quote]

Well put. :) (Though where do I get a job upon graduating that gives me these vacations, cabin, or third car? Not trying to be a butt here. They sound nice, although, so does finally being able to donate to a few listener supported organizations like KLOVE, AIR1, and EWTN.)

Edited by BG45

[quote name='BG45' post='1506134' date='Apr 21 2008, 09:45 PM']Well put. :) (Though where do I get a job upon graduating that gives me these vacations, cabin, or third car? Not trying to be a butt here. They sound nice, although, so does finally being able to donate to a few listener supported organizations like KLOVE, AIR1, and EWTN.)[/quote]

I don't know. I never cared enough about working myself to death for a dollar. I tell ya though, my nephew is 24 years old and he makes more money than I do after 27 years on the job. He put his resume on the internet and he has been getting three calls a day. He is now looking at buying a house. He is in computer tech stuff. He works his butt off and loves every single minute of it and he gets paid a lot of money. I don't even understand what he does.
Now, if I could just find him a nice Catholic girl to get him back into church.

Knight of the Holy Rosary

I think this thread has crossed the threshold into the realm of lameness.

Edited by Knight of the Holy Rosary

[quote name='Deb' post='1506144' date='Apr 21 2008, 11:01 PM']I don't know. I never cared enough about working myself to death for a dollar. I tell ya though, my nephew is 24 years old and he makes more money than I do after 27 years on the job. He put his resume on the internet and he has been getting three calls a day. He is now looking at buying a house. He is in computer tech stuff. He works his butt off and loves every single minute of it and he gets paid a lot of money. I don't even understand what he does.
Now, if I could just find him a nice Catholic girl to get him back into church.[/quote]

Oh nice. I know my resume is in a few databases online, but still no calls yet. I'd rather not work myself to death and be comfortable though, than never have a life outside of the job. I have more than a few relatives who have shown me money isn't everything as their families fall apart...

Very wise. Money really does not buy happiness. It does buy freedom but, so does making Christ the center of ones life.

[quote name='Deb' post='1506171' date='Apr 21 2008, 08:27 PM']Very wise. Money really does not buy happiness. It does buy freedom but, so does making Christ the center of ones life.[/quote]
+J.M.J.+
no, but it sure would take the edge off of the bitterness <_<

I'd say more common sense than wise. I've just watched how it works in life; people with money may have all their material wants, but often, I'd never trade them family lives. And am I misreading you, or was your final bit a reference to the Eucharist? Sorry if I am.