An Old School Catholic Message Board

Ewtn Hosts

Guest caddear

Madame Vengier

[quote name='BG45' post='1504654' date='Apr 20 2008, 07:52 PM']reading you cast off the Word of God and of men alike.[/quote]

LMAO!

[quote name='Madame Vengier' post='1505285' date='Apr 21 2008, 06:08 AM']LMAO![/quote]

At least I got more than the whatever everyone else did. Even if it was mocking. ;)

LouisvilleFan

[quote name='Madame Vengier' post='1504211' date='Apr 20 2008, 02:53 PM']Please. Do you really think these law-breakers are importing Catholicism...along with their out-of-wedlock anchor babies?

And did you know that stats show that 1/3 of all Hispanics convert to evangelical protestant churches within 10 years of being in the U.S.? Those are stats collected by Catholic organizations, not secular ones.

Not all Catholic immigrants are Hispanic. Look at the Filipinos and Koreans and Africans. I sort of resent the suggestion that our Church needs Hispanics to stay afloat. The other immigrant Catholic groups combined foster a far more authentic and deeper Catholicism that Hispanics do, they whilst breaking our immigration laws and using our hospitals to have their anchor babies in that they can't pay for, and forcing their Spanish on us.[/quote]

I know the Church doesn't need Hispanics, but as I said at the end of the Japan thread, the only permanent solution is a reformed Mexican government that upholds their citizens rights and liberties and builds a healthy economy that will provide good-paying jobs. If that were the case, we wouldn't need to protect our southern border any more than our northern border.

Meanwhile, the more difficult it is for that Mexican father to get a roofing job here to support his family, the more likely he'll turn to importing illegal drugs and getting into organized crime, which by nature operates outside of the law. If we're worried about who's here and what they are doing, let's make all immigrants legal and get them IDs so we have records. We could collect a modicum of tax revenue and save a load of money on law enforcement while supporting the very freedom and liberty that America is founded on and that Mexico needs to end this problem for good.

Edited by LouisvilleFan

Madame Vengier

[quote name='BG45' post='1505442' date='Apr 21 2008, 09:44 AM']At least I got more than the whatever everyone else did. Even if it was mocking. ;)[/quote]

Because the nasty thing you said to me was truly laughable! A simple "whatever" would not have applied.

[quote name='Madame Vengier' post='1505550' date='Apr 21 2008, 01:05 PM']Because the nasty thing you said to me was truly laughable! A simple "whatever" would not have applied.[/quote]

Interesting choice of words regarding my pointing out about your replying "Whatever" to various posters, and not deigning to even reply beyond such to the presence of Sacred Scripture.

Oh well, I should cease holding people to my own standards I suppose. I usually try to take the time to at least tell a person why I think they're quoting Sacred Scripture out of context, if that is what I believe.

[quote name='Madame Vengier' post='1503951' date='Apr 20 2008, 06:20 AM']The bleeding hearts childishly assume that every single alien is here "just to work and feed their family". Oh, give me a break. Simple common sense dictates otherwise. If you are a serial rapist, a thief, a pedophile, a gang banger, a drug runner, a wife abuser...and you had the opportunity to escape the law in your country by crossing the border of your neighbor, never to be see again (and with multiple chances to commit more crimes undetected), you would do it. And many of them do.
See, Alycin, this is a much bigger problem than just "taking care of people". And...I'm sure you know...we can't take care of EVERYONE.[/quote]

How come all of our American born serial rapists, thieves, pedophiles, gang bangers, drug runners and wife abusers haven't gone to Mexico or Canada? Pretty easy to do. Your premise is discriminatory and your posts are hatefilled. You might think that you have valid points but, they aren't Catholic points nor are they educated points. They are more typical of someone whose own life tanks so they pick someone they don't understand, someone they fear, to blame for all the ills of society. This country would fall even worse economically than it is at right now if all the illegals went home. Big corporations are based on their slave labor as is most of our agriculture.

Just spouting derogatory terms about people and lumping them all together is not going to convince anyone of your view on anything. The thing is, we could take care of EVERYONE if that was our inclination as a nation. That will never happen because we are greedy selfish pigs.

You are guilty of windbaggery.

Edited by Deb

[quote name='MIkolbe' post='1504254' date='Apr 20 2008, 02:44 PM']well. thank goodness us catholics have you as our gauge to determine 'far more authentic and deeper Catholicism'.

The grace and charity with which you spew your opinions rivals a 3-legged pregnant yak with a hairball and hip-dysplasia.

Stop looking for a theology to fit your politcal ideology. It really should be the other way around.[/quote]

:love: :love: :love: :love:

Madame Vengier

[quote name='Deb' post='1505674' date='Apr 21 2008, 01:21 PM']:love: :love: :love: :love:[/quote]

Deb, are you back from Darfur yet? Aren't you supposed to go out there and explain to those poor tortured souls that "the Muslims are just like Catholics" and that they needn't worry because "most Muslims are good" and the "good Muslims" are going to "do something" to stop the radicals because Islam is such a nice religion and "the Koran is a peaceful book"?

Be sure to take pictures and share them with us.

Deo Iuvente

[quote name='Apotheoun' post='1503679' date='Apr 19 2008, 08:18 PM']Whenever I hear the music used in the Roman Church’s liturgy, I thank God I'm Byzantine.[/quote]
[url="http://jdtreat.com/holyweek08.htm"]Are you sure?[/url]

Madame Vengier

[quote name='Galloglasses' post='1505769' date='Apr 21 2008, 03:23 PM']The 'whatevers' are very unbecoming character wise in the debate forum.[/quote]

So is name-calling and hurling insults and false accusations...none of which I have done but which others have.

Not to mention Deb referring to her fellow Americans as "greedy selfish pigs".

Disgusting.

Instead of complaining about my "whatevers" you should take a look at WHAT I'm responding "whatever" to.

Edited by Madame Vengier

Madame Vengier

[quote name='Deb' post='1505669' date='Apr 21 2008, 01:18 PM']You are guilty of windbaggery.[/quote]

And you're guilty of communism.

Plus, you may feel like YOU are a "GREEDY SELFISH PIG" but do not ever call the rest of us that. America is one of the most generous nations on earth. How dare you.

Edited by Madame Vengier