An Old School Catholic Message Board

Who Will The World Blame?

Galloglasses

29 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Galloglasses

Question: If Islam does follow through with the threats, and DOES launch an attack against Rome which WILL lead to a wider conflict and much more trouble, will the World blame the Pope for provocing it?

If they do... Why would I not be surprised?

[quote name='Galloglasses' post='1500135' date='Apr 15 2008, 05:03 PM']Question: If Islam does follow through with the threats, and DOES launch an attack against Rome which WILL lead to a wider conflict and much more trouble, will the World blame the Pope for provocing it?

If they do... Why would I not be surprised?[/quote]

I think it's important to draw the distinction between [i]radical[/i] Islam and [i]moderate[/i] Islam. The [i]radicals[/i] do not represent the entire religion, no matter how loud and obnoxious they are. It's like the evangelicals. Are they representative of all of Christendom?

That said, the world will rightly condemn the attacks. Some will blame America and Christianity/Catholicism while others will blame all of Islam.

[quote name='KnightofChrist' post='1500149' date='Apr 15 2008, 05:18 PM']The United States, namely George W. Bush because of the Iraq/Terror War.[/quote]

Is this your personal opinon of who [i]should[/i] be blamed?

Galloglasses

[quote name='kujo' post='1500156' date='Apr 15 2008, 03:21 PM']Is this your personal opinon of who [i]should[/i] be blamed?[/quote]
Doubtful, its probably what he thinks the world [i]will[/i] blame

KnightofChrist

[quote name='Galloglasses' post='1500164' date='Apr 15 2008, 03:26 PM']Doubtful, its probably what he thinks the world [i]will[/i] blame[/quote]

Indeed, everything it would seem has been Americans and/or Bush's fault for the last 7 years, if there is another major terrorist attack in the world it is highly likely that the blame will be on Bush/America. Like there was for the Spain train bombings, which caused the Spanish to turn tail run.

[quote name='KnightofChrist' post='1500174' date='Apr 15 2008, 05:31 PM']Indeed, everything it would seem has been Americans and/or Bush's fault for the last 7 years, if there is another major terrorist attack in the world it is highly likely that the blame will be on Bush/America. Like there was for the Spain train bombings, which caused the Spanish to turn tail run.[/quote]

Agreed. Thanks for clarifying.

Custos Morum

[quote name='prose' post='1500195' date='Apr 15 2008, 09:53 PM']I think overall, religion as a whole will be blamed.[/quote]
Yes I expect this would happen here in secular Britain.

JesusIsMySuperHero

[quote name='Galloglasses' post='1500135' date='Apr 15 2008, 03:03 PM']Question: If Islam does follow through with the threats, and DOES launch an attack against Rome which WILL lead to a wider conflict and much more trouble, will the World blame the Pope for provocing it?

If they do... Why would I not be surprised?[/quote]

First of all,

Stop believing everything you hear in the media. As a former Journalism Student, I know there is only about 6 corporations that own 80 per cent of the popular media in the world. If they want you to have a certain world bent, they give that bent - like All Muslims are evil sociopaths ready to blow themselves up to destroy you good Christians!

If you actually believe the above sentence, you need to realize, most Muslims are like most Catholics, honest men and women who love God, and wouldn't do anything like that, and they avoid mad men like the leaders of the Taliban and Al Qeada like the plague, like we avoid madmen like David Koresh.

Second of all,

Have faith in God friend. The glass is half-filled. God has those people who would do something like that in his eyes, and he will recompense those who are truly responsible.

I don't think there will be this huge Muslim Uprising against Catholicism and Rome. Osama Bin Laden, if he is still alive - because it would be hard to hide out if you need Kidney Dialysis three times a week - only has a handful of young men to carry out his bidding. Way to few to lay siege on the Vatican! Give you head a shake!

Third of all,

Want to prevent this 'attack' make Muslim friends, and do what Paul says, when you're with the Muslim, be like the Muslim, so you can win him over to Christ!

Nuff said about world politics.

[quote]Who Will The World Blame?[/quote]
[img]http://i213.photobucket.com/albums/cc131/justin86_bucket/Political%20Cartoons/gwfault1zh5.gif[/img]

Polls show aound 10% of the world's Muslims would actively support Jihad (when you look at total numbers, this is not an insignificant group). Most of the rest have not said they would oppose it.
Islam teaches that all Christians and Jews are infidels who have rejected Mohammed as The Prophet, and deserve to live in submission to Muslims unless they accept Islam. The goal is Islam is to rule the world. "Islam" means "submission."
That is not the belief of a few extremists, but orthodox Islamic dogma.

This "religion of peace" tripe is pure bs.
The agression of Islamists around the world is well documented.
Check it out: [url="http://jihadwatch.org/"]http://jihadwatch.org/[/url]

[quote name='prose' post='1500195' date='Apr 15 2008, 05:53 PM']I think overall, religion as a whole will be blamed.[/quote]
Most definitely.