An Old School Catholic Message Board

Speculations On The Pope's Visit Tommarrow?

Galloglasses

Galloglasses

The Holy Father is visited tommarrow and American liberals are going to try their best to voice that the "Church needs to change" while at the same time conservatives are absolutely going to love the Holy Father's presence.

I'm no asking wether you yanks will be at his masses, but what do you expect will happen there outside of the schedual, will Il Papa spring a surprise visit to an obscure monastary or Cathedral and whatnot?

Well, i'm not a yank though I have thought about moving to the states at times. I don't know about a surprise visit, but I predict il papa's precense in the US ill be better than a hockey game in Montreal during the postseason!

My prediction;

Il Papa: 13
Liberals: 0

With a whole lot of cheers from the conservative fans!
:yahoo:

I think that the liberals will try to appear as Catholic as possible, framing their comments about issues like poverty, healthcare and immigration in a Catholic (and/or Christian) perspective; however, similar to what occured last night during the "Compassion Forum" on CNN, they will continue to run head-first in a wall on issues like abortion, euthanasia and the death penalty.

So... as a Canadian citizen, I have not been quite up to date on Il Papa's arrival to the US. What are the dates of his tour?

Farsight one

That's today?! Ick...

I've been a bit worried about a terrorist attack. GWB and the pope in the same place at the same time would be just a bit too tempting to an extremist. Time to pray...

LouisvilleFan

[quote name='Galloglasses' post='1499261' date='Apr 14 2008, 03:49 PM']The Holy Father is visited tommarrow and American liberals are going to try their best to voice that the "Church needs to change" while at the same time conservatives are absolutely going to love the Holy Father's presence.

I'm no asking wether you yanks will be at his masses, but what do you expect will happen there outside of the schedual, will Il Papa spring a surprise visit to an obscure monastary or Cathedral and whatnot?[/quote]

I'm not sure... what should we expect to happen? Benedict isn't the type to lay down the law with a sledgehammer, which is good because that method is counter-productive in today's society. He simply wants to be here and invite all Catholics to a deeper faith. In other words, he's not here to lay the smack down on liberals or kiss butt with the conservatives.

We are talking about a related topic in the Open Mic section, and I just posted this over there:

[quote]Here's something I was thinking.

What if something happened to the Pope this week while he is here? I know security is off the roof for him, but what if something happened? Would that be the wake-up call that the world needs? Would that bring the Catholics back into the fold? If these radical Muslims want war, that would be the way to get it. The bullets and bombs of the entire world community would rain down on their homes.

I dunno....I don't even know if that made any sense.[/quote]

Dude, I was just watching CNN and they were talking about the Pope's itinerary. He's doing an inter-religious dialogue thing and the Seiks aren't attending because they prohibited from wearing their ceremonial daggers...wonderful!

Galloglasses

[quote name='kujo' post='1499978' date='Apr 15 2008, 10:38 AM']Dude, I was just watching CNN and they were talking about the Pope's itinerary. He's doing an inter-religious dialogue thing and the Seiks aren't attending because they prohibited from wearing their ceremonial daggers...wonderful![/quote]

Shieks aren't that bad, I'd be more worried about the Muslim clerics.

[quote name='Galloglasses' post='1500087' date='Apr 15 2008, 04:03 PM']Shieks aren't that bad, I'd be more worried about the Muslim clerics.[/quote]

I wasn't saying that they are "bad." Just wincing at the image of a person with a dagger near the Holy Father.

Galloglasses

[quote name='kujo' post='1500138' date='Apr 15 2008, 03:05 PM']I wasn't saying that they are "bad." Just wincing at the image of a person with a dagger near the Holy Father.[/quote]
Aye, that is understandable, hey, will there be any Swiss Guards with their halberds?

Funny, couple of guys at my school would love to be Swiss Guards....Cept they're Irish XD