An Old School Catholic Message Board

Vegetarianism

ChildoftheCreator

Vegetarian--Yes or no?  

69 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

The only beef I like is tenderloin. I think I would eat liver now and then but, no one will cook it for me and if I see it raw, I want to hurl.
The only chicken I can buy is a boneless, skinless chicken breast. I cannot buy or cut up a whole chicken cuz it looks like a chicken. Turkeys scare me but, I can cook one.
I think we should all reduce meat consumption and treat animals humanely. Just cuz we eat them doesn't mean we have to torture and cause them pain first. They should be put to sleep, quietly while watching a movie or something.

I could never live without my leather coats and leather gloves. I would never buy shoes if they weren't leather. I do love my leather. Oh, leather purses. Yesss. My recliners are leather. I love leather. I love leather. Yes I do.

I love vegetables too.

[quote name='icelandic_iceskater' post='1493582' date='Apr 6 2008, 12:58 PM']I'm a ovo-lacto veggie =D (who doesn't eat fish or plain eggs- ew) Mainly because I think eating dead animals is gross. lol

When I'm going up to communion I have to try not to think about what I'm eating cause it sickens me... is that bad? idk...[/quote]
You're not eating a "dead animal" when consuming the Eucharist, but receiving the Living Christ. You don't assimilate Him, he assimilates you!

icelandic_iceskater

[quote name='fides quarens intellectum' post='1494500' date='Apr 7 2008, 07:14 PM']i don't think the meat-eaters on here are like, "mmm, flesh!" when they head up for Communion.[/quote]I seriously lol'd when I read that. :lol_roll:

icelandic_iceskater

[quote name='Sacred Music Man' post='1494661' date='Apr 7 2008, 10:17 PM']You're not eating a "dead animal" when consuming the Eucharist, but receiving the Living Christ. You don't assimilate Him, he assimilates you![/quote]true...

[quote name='Sacred Music Man' post='1494661' date='Apr 7 2008, 10:17 PM']You're not eating a "dead animal" when consuming the Eucharist, but receiving the Living Christ. You don't assimilate Him, he assimilates you![/quote]

Did anyone else immediately think of those joke that start with "In Soviet Russia..."?

I'm going towards vegetarian. I'll probably keep fish in my diet. I'm eliminating poultry once I'm footing the grocery bill. Right now I'm keeping the peace.

Going 100% vegetarian is totally healthy if done right. However, you don't need to eat balanced to be a vegetarian, and many don't. You can be vegetarian on cherry blasters and cola, or on beans, rice and corn.

I'm finding I find food more appealing. I feel healthier. I eat more. I'm sick less.

As far as preaching goes - I almost never mention it. However, bring it up all the time. They're always asking me about what I eat, why I eat it, what I don't eat, why not... sometimes it gets tiresome. Oddly, people seem to feel the need to eat vegetarian with me. Or explain to me that they don't eat meat that much.

more nails in the coffin for my vegetarianism... I ate a couple of steaks this week... cause it was warm enough outside to fire up the grill. mm...

icelandic_iceskater

[quote name='Sarah_JC' post='1496466' date='Apr 10 2008, 02:37 PM']As far as preaching goes - I almost never mention it. However, bring it up all the time. They're always asking me about what I eat, why I eat it, what I don't eat, why not... sometimes it gets tiresome. Oddly, people seem to feel the need to eat vegetarian with me. Or explain to me that they don't eat meat that much.[/quote]yea I've noticed that too... its seems like people assume that just because you're a veggie you think eating meat is immoral or something

Autumn Dusk

[quote name='icelandic_iceskater' post='1498260' date='Apr 12 2008, 08:48 PM']yea I've noticed that too... its seems like people assume that just because you're a veggie you think eating meat is immoral or something[/quote]

I hate (don't hate, appreciate) how everything in this thread has turned into that. Big meatballs and fat steaks are not necessary for life and overconsumptions of those are reasons why many people have heart diseases. You couldn't hurt your body that bad by overeating lentils.

cmotherofpirl

[quote name='Autumn Dusk' post='1498669' date='Apr 13 2008, 07:19 PM']I hate (don't hate, appreciate) (don't hate (don't hate, appreciate), appreciate) how everything in this thread has turned into that. Big meatballs and fat steaks are not necessary for life and overconsumptions of those are reasons why many people have heart diseases. You couldn't hurt your body that bad by overeating lentils.[/quote]

But you could chase everyone out of the immediate area with the result... :hehe:
Lentils without a bit of ham is too bland.

Autumn Dusk

[quote name='cmotherofpirl' post='1499093' date='Apr 14 2008, 12:33 PM']But you could chase everyone out of the immediate area with the result... :hehe:
Lentils without a bit of ham is too bland.[/quote]

ahhhg lentils don't require meat. Theres loads of ways to cook lentils, rice and noodles that is really good. I'm not a vegeterian but I recognize that meat is wholly unnecessary in this point in American civilization.

I am a vegetarian :-) I just don't like the taste of meat, so I quit eating it. Not sure I could go completly vegan.

[quote name='Sacred Music Man' post='1502367' date='Apr 17 2008, 10:33 PM']Vegan doesn't seem to healthy anyways :mellow:[/quote]

I question it too... and my birkenfoam sandals are chafing my feet. Back to leather for me.

Autumn Dusk

human teeth prove we are supposed to be meat eaters and plant eaters. However, i don't think that means we need to eat alot of meat.

cmotherofpirl

[quote name='Selah' post='1501986' date='Apr 17 2008, 06:39 PM']I am a vegetarian :-) I just don't like the taste of meat, so I quit eating it. Not sure I could go completly vegan.[/quote]
I have tried vegetarianism but I am always hungry unless I have meat or chicken.
I can only stand so many beans.