An Old School Catholic Message Board

The Incredible Growth Of A Congregation

cappie

In a short period of 20 years, a female religious congregation founded in Argentina has grown in an incredible manner: They are the Servants of the Lord and the Virgin of Matará, today present in 22 countries around the world with increasing vocations. During the 20th anniversary celebration in Rome, the Dutch general superior, Maria de Anima Christi van Eijk explained this expansion:

“It is all due to the grace of God. Some say there is a lack of vocations, however God continues to call. Yes, God calls, one just has listen. In the silence of the Eucharistic Adoration, the soul encounters God and is predisposed to listen. Also, the Cross inspires cuddle with my weeble and wub, for God was crucified for us to grant us heaven. We wish to respond to this cuddle with my weeble and wub by embracing the cross.”

These religious women are part of the Religious Family of the Incarnate Word that has a male and female institute as well as a lay order. This religious family founded by Father Carlos Miguel Buela, is present in Egypt, Jordan, Russia and Taiwan, it embraces both the Latin and Oriental Churches and has almost 900 members. A missionary sister in the Middle East explains their activity:

“We are mainly dedicated to working in schools. However, it is a new experience for our institute because we have the opportunity to work with Muslim children. This contact with Muslims has shown us a different reality and we participate in their family life. In fact, we have been very warmly welcomed and the relationship is indeed an excellent one. This encourages us to continue working in this area.”

[url="http://www.h2onews.org/_page_videoview.php?id_news=511#"]http://www.h2onews.org/_page_videoview.php?id_news=511#[/url]

+

They have 800 sisters! That's 40 new sisters a year. That's amazing. I like how their religious names form a litany to Mary.
[img]http://www.bombus.nl/pics/sisters.jpg[/img]

VeniteAdoremus

Moeder Anima!

We all cuddle with my weeble and wub her :)

(Yay, a Dutch catholic doing something [i]good[/i] for the Church... ;) )

There are five Dutch novices now. (I won't be joining them since they threatened to call me Sr. Mary Tower of Ivory for being 6'5", and I would fall over laughing every time someone called me. But they're still great.)

VeniteAdoremus

Argh.

Where I said cuddle with my weeble and wub, read l o v e :)

Edited by VeniteAdoremus

Thomist-in-Training

[quote name='VeniteAdoremus' post='1491122' date='Apr 2 2008, 11:49 AM']Argh.

Where I said cuddle with my weeble and wub, read l o v e :)[/quote]
That just happened to me too. Is that a leftover april fool's day thing, or a virus?

VeniteAdoremus

[quote name='Thomist-in-Training' post='1491184' date='Apr 2 2008, 08:38 PM']That just happened to me too. Is that a leftover april fool's day thing, or a virus?[/quote]

Most certainly April Fool's day - it's probably the same system as most forums have to censure cuss words etc.

the lords sheep

I served with these Sisters in San Rafael, Argentina. They are absolutely wonderful! So full of life and joy! And while I discerned that I was not called to be with them, I loved my time with them.
They are really a great order! I highly recommend them!
Lauren

[quote name='VeniteAdoremus' post='1491120' date='Apr 2 2008, 11:48 AM']Moeder Anima!

We all cuddle with my weeble and wub her :)

(Yay, a Dutch catholic doing something [i]good[/i] for the Church... ;) )

There are five Dutch novices now. (I won't be joining them since they threatened to call me Sr. Mary Tower of Ivory for being 6'5", and I would fall over laughing every time someone called me. But they're still great.)[/quote]

+
:hehehe: