An Old School Catholic Message Board

Guns Deter Crime The Best

cmotherofpirl

blovedwolfofgod

well, here in Germany, firearm related crimes are pretty low. of course, this great country was forcibly disarmed, and hasnt been rearmed like the United States since. here the hoodlums just carry knives and brass knuckles, making violence a little more personal (which is just the way i like it). I dont think outlawing firearms in the US would help. first would be the disarmament of the society, then outlaw them. otherwise, the old adage goes, only outlaws would have guns.

cmotherofpirl

[quote name='blovedwolfofgod' post='1472812' date='Mar 3 2008, 07:38 AM']well, here in Germany, firearm related crimes are pretty low. of course, this great country was forcibly disarmed, and hasnt been rearmed like the United States since. here the hoodlums just carry knives and brass knuckles, making violence a little more personal (which is just the way i like it). I dont think outlawing firearms in the US would help. first would be the disarmament of the society, then outlaw them. otherwise, the old adage goes, only outlaws would have guns.[/quote]
yes.

goldenchild17

[quote name='XIX' post='1471490' date='Feb 29 2008, 05:27 PM']Go go gadget Rosary!

For the record, I lean pro-legalizing guns.[/quote]

I'm definitely pro-legalization of guns also.

littleflower+JMJ

The reality is the person who is committing a crime will always be the one who is able to get a hold of a gun and use it, so what can we do for the law-abiding citizen on the other end? Especially if no one is cracking down on the guns in the wrong places.

This is cool because the other day I was eating in a restraunt with my grandma and there were a bunch of Chicago cops in the place and they all had their guns at their hips.

So I began to think. If everyone had a gun on their hip or had the possibility of a gun on their person, would a ciminal think twice about robbing/raping/attacking someone?

Meg

[quote name='picchick' post='1473593' date='Mar 7 2008, 01:22 PM']This is cool because the other day I was eating in a restraunt with my grandma and there were a bunch of Chicago cops in the place and they all had their guns at their hips.

So I began to think. If everyone had a gun on their hip or had the possibility of a gun on their person, would a ciminal think twice about robbing/raping/attacking someone?

Meg[/quote]

There was an old movie - I forget the name - in which somebody tries to rob a bar, but it was filled with off-duty Chicago cops who all drew their guns.

OOPS!!

The yeshiva shooting could have been worse had it not been for an armed student:

[url="http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-3516039,00.html"]http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-3516039,00.html[/url]

And the NIU shooting was only stopped because the shooter shot HIMSELF-- I shudder to think if he had continued what would have been the death toll