An Old School Catholic Message Board

Boyfriend/girlfriend

Paddington

I threw this question in the middle of the explicit thread about NFP. Maybe it can get a few answers with its own thread.

Peace,
Paddington

Can a man and woman be really close and hug and kiss and not plan on getting married since they don't have the money? Maybe in the distant future, but maybe not?

Should the man step away and hope that another man with more money comes along for her to marry and have kids with?
Even if they are both very happy doing what they are doing? And they submit to the pope and encourage each other to submit to the pope?

cmotherofpirl

[quote name='Paddington' post='1464461' date='Feb 16 2008, 07:41 PM']I threw this question in the middle of the explicit thread about NFP. Maybe it can get a few answers with its own thread.

Peace,
Paddington
Can a man and woman be really close and hug and kiss and not plan on getting married since they don't have the money? Maybe in the distant future, but maybe not?

Should the man step away and hope that another man with more money comes along for her to marry and have kids with?
Even if they are both very happy doing what they are doing? And they submit to the pope and encourage each other to submit to the pope?[/quote]
Yes I think you can, as long as the hugging and kissing stay on "first base".

You don't have to have money to get married. My parent's were poor but we never lacked for things that we actually needed. My husband and I are poor, but we are also very happy, and also do not lack for any necessities. If you love each other, you will find a way to afford the things any children you have need.

[quote name='cmotherofpirl' post='1464464' date='Feb 16 2008, 07:54 PM']Yes I think you can, as long as the hugging and kissing stay on "first base".[/quote]
Depends what you mean by "first base." But I think there's another thread on making out already, so if anybody wants to debate that you can always dig that one up.

cmotherofpirl

[quote name='Justin86' post='1464592' date='Feb 17 2008, 03:00 AM']Such a situation, if it really exists anywhere, certainly would not exist in the United States.[/quote]

?

[quote name='Deb' post='1467028' date='Feb 21 2008, 11:42 PM']No making out. No nothing. Nada. Zilch. Forget it. Hold hands and consider yourself lucky.[/quote]
There's always short chaste kisses, cuddling, hugs, back massages, falling asleep on each other while cuddling, pressing your cheeks against each other while you hug, poking, slow dancing, peering into each others eyes, playing with each others' hair...just to name a few :)

And those are just forms of physical affection. Don't get me started on flowers, love letters, ice skating, and stuff like that.

Edited by XIX

[quote name='XIX' post='1467365' date='Feb 22 2008, 07:51 PM']There's always short chaste kisses, cuddling, hugs, back massages, falling asleep on each other while cuddling, pressing your cheeks against each other while you hug, poking, slow dancing, peering into each others eyes, playing with each others' hair...just to name a few :)[/quote]

That's hot.

[quote name='Paddington' post='1467366' date='Feb 22 2008, 02:22 PM']That's hot.[/quote]

:lol:

money should never be a determining issue.

anything that arouses should not be done.

either get married, or stop having a romance with no future.

[quote name='cmotherofpirl' post='1467191' date='Feb 23 2008, 02:23 AM']?[/quote]
A good question. I think I was responding to another topic....... :unsure:

[quote name='XIX' post='1467365' date='Feb 22 2008, 04:21 PM']There's always short chaste kisses, cuddling, hugs, back massages, falling asleep on each other while cuddling, pressing your cheeks against each other while you hug, poking, slow dancing, peering into each others eyes, playing with each others' hair...just to name a few :)

And those are just forms of physical affection. Don't get me started on flowers, love letters, ice skating, and stuff like that.[/quote]

Yes, and how long before the above actions lead to something else?

Archaeology cat

[quote name='XIX' post='1467365' date='Feb 22 2008, 09:21 PM']There's always short chaste kisses, cuddling, hugs, back massages, falling asleep on each other while cuddling, pressing your cheeks against each other while you hug, poking, slow dancing, peering into each others eyes, playing with each others' hair...just to name a few :)

And those are just forms of physical affection. Don't get me started on flowers, love letters, ice skating, and stuff like that.[/quote]

How can you forget video games?! Hmm, I think I'll break out the PS2 for a bit. . .

[quote name='XIX' post='1467365' date='Feb 22 2008, 04:21 PM']There's always short chaste kisses, cuddling, hugs, back massages, falling asleep on each other while cuddling, pressing your cheeks against each other while you hug, poking, slow dancing, peering into each others eyes, playing with each others' hair...just to name a few :)

Wow. Never thought of those things...

[quote name='Archaeology cat' post='1467603' date='Feb 23 2008, 09:22 AM']How can you forget video games?! Hmm, I think I'll break out the PS2 for a bit. . .[/quote]
Of course! It would be nice to have a girlfriend who'd help me pwn on DOTA :rolleyes:

You know, jamming is pretty sweet too :bluesbrother: