An Old School Catholic Message Board

Vagina Monologues. Warning-adult Discussion

rachael

Laudate_Dominum

[quote name='rachael' post='1464979' date='Feb 18 2008, 12:30 AM']I want to know why you want to ban a controversial subject on here because as far as I know, they have always been allowed here, as long as things are kept civil.[/quote]
I wasn't trying to imply that I want to ban the subject, I just meant that I can't present a detailed account of why I find the show in question to be immoral because much of the content that I would have to produce is vulgar and I'm uncomfortable speaking of such things on here. It is a tiresome subject that I feel I've already invested too much time into. Contemporary culture is filled with all kinds of nonsense and I think in this case I'll just forget about this strange show and move in with my life. Can't wait to hear about the next decadent entertainment fad (please not the Penis Monologues!).

[quote name='Laudate_Dominum' post='1464880' date='Feb 17 2008, 08:27 PM']Ok, I'll quote myself.
[i]The Woman Who Loved To Make Vaginas Happy[/i] and [i]The Little Coochie Snorcher That Could[/i] provide obvious support for my statement. I don't claim that it applies to every monologue equally but it was an informal statement anyway.[/quote]
Well I may be picking nits, but that really glorifies lesbianism as opposed to recruiting for lesbianism. It's still disgusting, but I really don't think the goal of the skit is to convince the audience to turn lesbian.

[quote]I didn't realize that the "Vagina Monologues" had so many zealous apologists on these boards. Just a tad disturbing in my opinion.[/quote]I don't know where you got that from, but apparently it's not this thread. So far, I have seen exactly *zero* apologists for the Monologues. Rachael brought up the topic and aggressively countered your "lesbian recruitment propoganda" statement, but hasn't even begun to give her opinion on the subject. I'm not really sure how you'd peg her as an apologist, at least not yet. At least let her give an opinion; don't assume you know what it is.

[quote]I wasn't trying to imply that I want to ban the subject, I just meant that I can't present a detailed account of why I find the show in question to be immoral because much of the content that I would have to produce is vulgar and I'm uncomfortable speaking of such things on here. It is a tiresome subject that I feel I've already invested too much time into. Contemporary culture is filled with all kinds of nonsense and I think in this case I'll just forget about this strange show and move in with my life. Can't wait to hear about the next decadent entertainment fad (please not the Penis Monologues!).[/quote]

OK then. I'll be seeing you around. :)

Edited by rachael

[quote name='XIX' post='1464999' date='Feb 18 2008, 01:11 AM']Well I may be picking nits, but that really glorifies lesbianism as opposed to recruiting for lesbianism. It's still disgusting, but I really don't think the goal of the skit is to convince the audience to turn lesbian.

I don't know where you got that from, but apparently it's not this thread. So far, I have seen exactly *zero* apologists for the Monologues. Rachael brought up the topic and aggressively countered your "lesbian recruitment propoganda" statement, but hasn't even begun to give her opinion on the subject. I'm not really sure how you'd peg her as an apologist, at least not yet. At least let her give an opinion; don't assume you know what it is.[/quote]
Thank you. ;)

Laudate_Dominum

As far as I can tell nobody has undermined any of my actual points in the slightest.

For the third time my pithy original statement which you seem to reject without concrete reasons is in fact supported by at least two monologues: [i]The Woman Who Loved To Make Vaginas Happy[/i] and [i]The Little Coochie Snorcher That Could[/i]. Calling these monologues "lesbian recruitment propaganda" is mild compared to the full description that they deserve. Let's get real for a second though since this is a rabbit hole; do you believe that this show is appropriate and/or morally acceptable? Do you perhaps support the Vagina Monologues? If so, what is your moral evaluation of the content alluded to in the sum of my posts including the link? That's the real issue here and I consider the monomaniacism towards the “lesbian recruitment propaganda” statement to be diversionary and unessential.

[quote name='Laudate_Dominum' post='1464995' date='Feb 17 2008, 10:04 PM']I think in this case I'll just forget about this strange show and move in with my life.[/quote]

lies...

Laudate_Dominum

[quote name='MIkolbe' post='1465033' date='Feb 18 2008, 01:53 AM']lies...[/quote]
Duty trumps superficial resolutions. :detective:

littleflower+JMJ

I think we are being alittle too nit-picky.

I might be blind but I have yet to see any aggressively countered comments to LD , and if theres any good reasons that can equally counter we haven't heard any (even though its been invited and still is).

I don't post much but I had to when reading this thread... its disappointing to see how LD is being made out to be ridiculous here when he's not. I guess what I"m saying is I can see where he's frustrations are coming from.

Sheesh, reading some of this stuff I had to check my url address at the top when I read that one to make sure I was on the right website. lol

Peace out peeps.

cmotherofpirl

I don't see LD as attacked, just disagreed with. I don't see it as a lesbian recruitment [and I think LD will agree] but a lesbian normalization tool. "Gee because we are all women- its ok to be lesbians, rape young girls, and do degrading things, this is empowering because we all know the real enemy are men".