An Old School Catholic Message Board

Rosalind Moss Founding New Order Of Sisters

Gemma

New hope seems to be emerging for "late" vocations. (One of these days, we won't even have to use the word "late" anymore)!

Rosalind Moss has announced that she is founding a new order of sisters who will wear the traditional habit, and have the apostolate of evanelization on the streets. All paperwork has been signed, and everything is a go.

No website yet.

ALL ages will be considered (over 17 I would imagine being the case for the youngest).

Blessings,
Gemma

HeavenlyCalling

That is really good news. I personally dont think that age should really be a factor, although I do understand that not all communitys have the means to care for such people. I am glad there is yet an other place for 'late' vocations to go!!

[quote name='Era Might' post='1461216' date='Feb 13 2008, 06:19 PM']Rosalind Moss is a nun? Or is she becoming a nun with this new order?[/quote]

Rosalind is becoming a nun, along with her aspirants.

The habit will be "traditional" and will probably be blue. They haven't decided yet.

The order's name will be long, but will reference Mary, the Jewish Mother of Christ.

Blessings,
Gemma

[quote name='Gemma' post='1461271' date='Feb 13 2008, 06:23 PM']Rosalind is becoming a nun, along with her aspirants.[/quote]
Wow that's cool. I'm curious how that works, starting an order when you're a new nun yourself. Do they get help from another order with training, etc.?

No way am I an authority, but I think she would have to go through formation under a religious superior somewhere first. Maybe one of the sisters here knows?

[quote name='stlmom' post='1461294' date='Feb 13 2008, 07:40 PM']No way am I an authority, but I think she would have to go through formation under a religious superior somewhere first. Maybe one of the sisters here knows?[/quote]

Yes, she and her aspirants will have to get their training in a convent that does almost exactly what they plan to do. The superior will have conferences with her. Whoever will be doing whatever jobs will be conferencing with the appropriate authority at that convent.

We discuss stuff like this on our founders' forum.

Blessings,
Gemma

[quote name='brendan1104' post='1461869' date='Feb 13 2008, 10:05 PM']Too bad Our Lady received baptism and so was a Catholic. Sorry for being so un-ecumenical.[/quote]

...and this is apropos of...?

[quote name='brendan1104' post='1461869' date='Feb 13 2008, 11:05 PM']Too bad Our Lady received baptism and so was a Catholic. Sorry for being so un-ecumenical.[/quote]

+

By lineage and religion (not to mention custom and practice) she was still a Jew -there are such things as messianic Jews.

I'll never understand why otherwise sensible people will try to deny up and down that Christ was born Jewish and practiced his religion till the day he died.

philosophette

The majority of Jews do not consider Messianic Jews to be Jewish, but rather Christian, because they consider true Jews to be those who do not believe that a Messiah has yet come.

Jesus, Mary, and Joseph all were born Jewish and practiced Judaism. Mary was later one of the first Christians, part of a faith that (we know) was profoundly influenced by the practices of Judaism and the style of worship (which can be seen more clearly in the Byzantine Rites).

I think it is really interesting that Rosalind Moss is trying to found an Order that is related to this in some way. Another interesting personage is Bro Bob Fishman, who has done a show on the Jewish roots of Catholicism. :)

Edited by philosobrat