An Old School Catholic Message Board

How Do You Go About Preaching The Gospel Of Jesus

"Kyrie eleison"

[quote name='"Kyrie eleison' post='1445395' date='Jan 13 2008, 06:25 PM']I know my cousing would like to go to MASS, but she feels so unworthy. I am going to ask her if she wants to go with me to the SUNRISE easter MASS, she has mentioned that she would like to.[/quote]
Mass isn't a country club for the righteous, but rather a hospital for sinners. We are all unworthy. Some of us more than others to be sure, however I'd wager that when our respective judgments are deliberated, I will prove to be more depraved than she and by no small margin. If Jesus can forgive me, he can certainly forgive her. The feelings of shame and unworthiness that prevent us from receiving His Mercy is part human pride and part demonic lies, and she is called to come back. All she needs to do is approach His Mercy in contrition and Confession. That is the difference between the two traitors, Peter and Judas. That is the difference between the rebels and thieves Dismas and Gestas. That is the difference between Herodias and Mary Magdalene. If my testimony is insufficient here, I would suggest getting help from [url="http://www.fathercorapi.com/Mercy-Set-Including-Fathers-Personal-Testimony---4-Talks---111DVDS-P61C4.aspx"][b]Fr. Corapi[/b][/url].

Yes, it is quite possible that she will fall back into a hardened sin, and God willing, she will have the courage to return to Christ yet again in contrition, a little bit sorer and wiser.

If it is shame that prevents her from even setting foot in the Church, perhaps Ash Wednesday Mass would be better; as I felt the Grace to return to Jesus during Lent. Perhaps a different parish where she is a stranger may help, and if that is the case perhaps you could look to a parish run by priests Religious. I owe greatly my own reversion to the mercies of the Conventual Franciscans.
[quote name='"Kyrie eleison' post='1445395' date='Jan 13 2008, 06:25 PM']Thank you so much Dismas, for your knowledge, you are so much further into your spiritual warfare than I. It is a spiritual war and we must put on our FULL armor! God bless you and yours'.[/quote]
:lol: Bwahah! I know the weapons and the tactics of both sides, only because I've been hit by them all, repeatedly. As for my own field successes, I'm not all that good...seriously. :sweat:

P.S. I forgot, but another powerful weapon of Grace is fasting. It's hard, but one "black fast" in conjunction with prayer is powerful, and a few is devastating.

Edited by Dismas

"Kyrie eleison"

[quote]if these people are close to you, I think it is your duty to make it clear where you stand, and it would not be Christian witness to act as though you are perfectly ok with their sinful and perverted "lifestyle."[/quote]

Yes, I know this is true Socrates. My cousin was baptized Catholic but never made it to confirmation. My one friend is Christian and the other is also a Catholic, but very fallen away.

My cousin talks about her relationship and I just get numb and don't know where to begin and how to say what I want to say to her. Like I said it has been a struggle with me and it is beginning to make me feel guilty and responsible especially now she has mentioned she is looking into invitro.

[quote name='"Kyrie eleison' post='1445463' date='Jan 13 2008, 10:42 PM']My cousin talks about her relationship and I just get numb and don't know where to begin and how to say what I want to say to her. Like I said it has been a struggle with me and it is beginning to make me feel guilty and responsible especially now she has mentioned she is looking into invitro.[/quote]
The evils of perverted conception and the abortive consequences of in-vitro fertilization aside, a baby won't fill the emptiness inside. No matter how loving the mother is, by becoming a mother, she would be called to pour out from herself everything...this isn't a housecat.

Without a father, the strains on your cousin would be enormous. She should also understand that any "stable relationship partner" she has currently would be strained to the breaking point within months of the child's birth. The father is not responsible in these cases, and has no obligation for the support or welfare of the child. Your cousin would be alone to fend for herself and her child.

With that said, I urge for her to turn away from counterfeit motherly love.

"Kyrie eleison"

Dismas,

This is something that her sister who is also Catholic but fallen has mentioned. That once there is a child it is yours for life. Her partner has asked her to marry and this is why they are discussing having a baby through invitro. It's all making my mind spin! I will definately have to fast on this to get the courage to finally say what I need to. Please pray for me. She really is a good person.