An Old School Catholic Message Board

Iranian Boat Incident

Aloysius

[quote name='Deb' post='1446492' date='Jan 16 2008, 12:27 PM']As someone who remembers that era very well and the lies that went with it, I wouldn't trust a single word that comes out of the mouths of anyone in THIS administration. Heck, in 2006, Bush and Blair were cooking up a plan to paint a U.S. plane to look like a U.N. plane and then fly low over areas of Iran hoping it would be shot down so that they could have an excuse to go in. Bush is a sicko and he is ultimately in charge of our military who take orders from him.[/quote]
Is there documentation of this?

[quote name='notardillacid' post='1446911' date='Jan 17 2008, 01:16 AM']Is there documentation of this?[/quote]

Yes. Check out NSA web site, also witness testimonies before panels and congress. There is a world of documentation out there.

KnightofChrist

[quote name='Deb' post='1446962' date='Jan 17 2008, 09:53 AM']Yes. Check out NSA web site, also witness testimonies before panels and congress. There is a world of documentation out there.[/quote]

Supply the documentation.

[quote name='Deb' post='1446492' date='Jan 17 2008, 03:27 AM']As someone who remembers that era very well and the lies that went with it,.[/quote]
Many of those lies came not from the White House, but from our own media. If you remember correctly...

I also find it laughable that Bush would let the NSA put something like that about him on thier website for the whole world to see.

• 4 weeks later...

[quote name='Justin86' post='1447709' date='Jan 19 2008, 03:04 AM']Many of those lies came not from the White House, but from our own media. If you remember correctly...

I also find it laughable that Bush would let the NSA put something like that about him on thier website for the whole world to see.[/quote]

You are brainwashed. It is part of your job.

[quote name='Deb' post='1458573' date='Feb 11 2008, 02:57 AM']You are brainwashed. It is part of your job.[/quote]
Funny. I had that view about Vietnam BEFORE I joined the Navy.

I thought most Americans agreed that spitting on our troops and calling them "baby killers" was wrong, and a lie fabricated by the media. I guess you don't?

Edited by Justin86

[quote name='Justin86' post='1458574' date='Feb 10 2008, 12:02 PM']Funny. I had that view about Vietnam BEFORE I joined the Navy.

I thought most Americans agreed that spitting on our troops and calling them "baby killers" was wrong, and a lie fabricated by the media. I guess you don't?[/quote]

Ya know, I never saw or heard anyone do such a thing to a returning soldier. I can tell you that the majority of protesters were protesting a war, not the military. They wanted to stop the senseless killing of our soldiers.

I had people I loved die in that war and people come back damaged for life. I would never have considered blaming them for our countries dishonesty and idiocy.

Also, I have four uncles who are or were career military, three cousins, friends who were in the service, an ex-navy brother-in-law and yes, they were all brainwashed. It is called indoctrination and it is necessary to have a military that will blindly follow orders. Just the way of the world. Unfortunately, it hangs on long after they are out.
Don't get me wrong. I love my soldiers. I will support them forever. I am a Patriot. I love my country. I just despise my government and have no respect whatsoever for the current administration.

[quote name='Deb' post='1459161' date='Feb 12 2008, 02:21 AM']Ya know, I never saw or heard anyone do such a thing to a returning soldier. I can tell you that the majority of protesters were protesting a war, not the military. They wanted to stop the senseless killing of our soldiers.[/quote]
Obviously someone has selective memory loss. What ticker-tape parade did the Vietnam vets get?

the way the vets were treated and the nature of the Gulf of Tomkin incident are two entirely different things. I hold that the gulf incidents were false precedents for war but that the vietnam vets ought to have been treated with more honor and respect.

[quote name='Aloysius' post='1460885' date='Feb 13 2008, 10:27 PM']the way the vets were treated and the nature of the Gulf of Tomkin incident are two entirely different things. I hold that the gulf incidents were false precedents for war but that the vietnam vets ought to have been treated with more honor and respect.[/quote]
I was referring to what Deb said, not you Al.

Edited by Justin86

[quote name='Deb' post='1459161' date='Feb 12 2008, 02:21 AM']Also, I have four uncles who are or were career military, three cousins, friends who were in the service, an ex-navy brother-in-law and yes, they were all brainwashed. It is called indoctrination and it is necessary to have a military that will blindly follow orders. Just the way of the world. Unfortunately, it hangs on long after they are out.[/quote]
Yeah, I guess that's why I've met all these anti-Iraq war people since I've been in the Navy.

There is absolutely nothing about military training that makes you makes you anymore loyal to the President then you were before you went in. It does not happen. The liberals I went to Boot Camp with were still liberals when I got out, and the conservatives were still conservative.

Of course it doesn't serve your interests to say that, so continue to live in your own little world if you wish.

[quote name='Justin86' post='1460892' date='Feb 13 2008, 09:11 AM']I was referring to what Deb said, not you Al.[/quote]
i know, i was just trying to get it back on track. you're absolutely right about the way veterans were treated and how they ought to have been treated.

[quote name='Justin86' post='1460893' date='Feb 13 2008, 08:18 AM']Yeah, I guess that's why I've met all these anti-Iraq war people since I've been in the Navy.

There is absolutely nothing about military training that makes you makes you anymore loyal to the President then you were before you went in. It does not happen. The liberals I went to Boot Camp with were still liberals when I got out, and the conservatives were still conservative.

Of course it doesn't serve your interests to say that, so continue to live in your own little world if you wish.[/quote]

As I have been in my little world a lot longer than you have been in yours, you really don't have enough world experience for anything you just said. But, if it makes you feel better to think you do, continue in your own little world. Wow, what was boot camp? Ten minutes? Please, talk about this subject with me in thirty years. Oh, I will be dead then. Never mind.

[quote name='Deb' post='1460913' date='Feb 14 2008, 12:20 AM']As I have been in my little world a lot longer than you have been in yours, you really don't have enough world experience for anything you just said. But, if it makes you feel better to think you do, continue in your own little world. Wow, what was boot camp? Ten minutes? Please, talk about this subject with me in thirty years. Oh, I will be dead then. Never mind.[/quote]
I know active-duty people with 20 plus years in who are against the war. Ninety percent of whatever you would call "brainwashing" is done at Boot Camp, the other 10 is done at your A school, and from there it actually starts to wear off. Not that you would know that since [i]you[/i] didn't serve, but still feel the need to talk like you know more about it then someone who's currently serving (wow, you've had family members who've served; so have I).

Get a clue lady. Michael Moore liberalism does [i]not[/i] win anybody over. People like you are the reason Ron Paul lost the election. You're a major turn-off.

[quote name='Justin86' post='1462030' date='Feb 14 2008, 02:28 AM']I know active-duty people with 20 plus years in who are against the war. Ninety percent of whatever you would call "brainwashing" is done at Boot Camp, the other 10 is done at your A school, and from there it actually starts to wear off. Not that you would know that since [i]you[/i] didn't serve, but still feel the need to talk like you know more about it then someone who's currently serving (wow, you've had family members who've served; so have I).

Get a clue lady. Michael Moore liberalism does [i]not[/i] win anybody over. People like you are the reason Ron Paul lost the election. You're a major turn-off.[/quote]

Ron Paul? Who would vote for Ron Paul? What does he have to do with anything? Micheal Moore? Who is he and how did he get in here? I guess you have nothing intelligent to say.

Good thing my goal is life wasn't to turn you on. Little boys in sailor suits do nothing for me. Especially sweet peas who think they know everything.
I bet you don't even have a spoon.

Edited by Deb