An Old School Catholic Message Board

New Novices!

Sr Mary Catharine OP

Sr Mary Catharine OP

Deo Gratias! I want to share with all of you that Sr. Deepa and Sr. Giang have been approved to begin their novitiate and receive the habit on March 15th, feast of St. Joseph!

They are very happy! Hopefully, Sr. Martha won't be the only "bluebird" and that Lauren will be with her.

HeavenlyCalling

Yay!!! How wonderful. I do enjoy watching your community grow and develope via your blog. Congrats to both of them!!

Thanks for sharing that Sr Mary Catherine it is great news and i am so
pleased for them and for all of them. I bet they are really excited,
i will mention here at Colwich and we will keep them in our prayers too,
many blessings and joy to them, Adele.

[quote name='Sr. Mary Catharine' post='1442186' date='Jan 4 2008, 10:19 PM']Deo Gratias! I want to share with all of you that Sr. Deepa and Sr. Giang have been approved to begin their novitiate and receive the habit on March 15th, feast of St. Joseph!

They are very happy! Hopefully, Sr. Martha won't be the only "bluebird" and that Lauren will be with her.[/quote]

How many does this make now?

Looks like the novena to JPII worked!

Blessings,
Gemma

abiding-soul

[color="#800080"][size=3][font="Verdana"][b]What happy news! God bless them as they begin the Novitiate. :saint: [/b][/font][/size][/color]

VeniteAdoremus

Wonderful news! And on such a beautiful Feast, too!

Sister, how will you cope with all the white veils running around? :D

Sr Mary Catharine OP

[quote name='DameAgnes' post='1442750' date='Jan 6 2008, 06:21 PM']Congrats to both sisters and to the Summit Nuns. Has it been a whole year already? Time certainly flies![/quote]

No, it will be exactly 9 months from their entrance date.

We officially have 1 year for postulancy but we can decide to shorten it if we wish. However, we can't extend postulancy longer than 1 year according to our constitutions.

Please pray for Anne who just arrived today for her aspirancy!

God bless you!

Dame Catharine :lol_roll:

abiding-soul

[quote name='Sr. Mary Catharine' post='1442776' date='Jan 6 2008, 08:08 PM']Please pray for Anne who just arrived today for her aspirancy.[/quote]

[color="#FF00FF"][size=3][font="Century Gothic"][b]Prayers for Anne coming. BTW, Sister Mary Catherine, how long does an Aspirancy last?

Thanks in advance.[/b][/font][/size][/color]

Edited by abiding-soul

cathoholic_anonymous

[quote name='Sr. Mary Catharine' post='1442186' date='Jan 5 2008, 03:19 AM']Deo Gratias! I want to share with all of you that Sr. Deepa and Sr. Giang have been approved to begin their novitiate and receive the habit on March 15th, feast of St. Joseph!

They are very happy! Hopefully, Sr. Martha won't be the only "bluebird" and that Lauren will be with her.[/quote]

An odd question, but do you have any tentative hopes to found a monastery in England? We don't have cloistered Dominican nuns here any more. The nearest monastery is in Ireland.

I don't ask for myself (I hope to enter Carmel) but it would be wonderful if the contemplative Dominican presence could be resuscitated in this country.