An Old School Catholic Message Board

World Trade Outrage

cmotherofpirl

[quote name='rkwright' post='1442887' date='Jan 7 2008, 01:17 AM']Maybe not... It does have some advantages though. Trade policies are much easier to set down - a country only has to negotiate one time and then has to grant those barriers\rates to all other countries. It grants a 'world court' to bring complaints instead of just having trade wars.[/quote]
My point is that such an organization violates national sovereignity - I do not believe in principle in "world courts" dictating how America and other sovereign nations trade - just as I do not want America's foreign policy dictated by the U.N., or other transnational bodies.

And there is no guarantee that the decisions of such a "world court" will be fair, just, and disinterested - the members of such a court will represent the interests of those who put them in power.

[quote name='Socrates' post='1443150' date='Jan 7 2008, 10:19 PM']My point is that such an organization violates national sovereignity - I do not believe in principle in "world courts" dictating how America and other sovereign nations trade - just as I do not want America's foreign policy dictated by the U.N., or other transnational bodies.

And there is no guarantee that the decisions of such a "world court" will be fair, just, and disinterested - the members of such a court will represent the interests of those who put them in power.[/quote]

Yes I agree...

[quote name='Socrates' post='1443150' date='Jan 7 2008, 11:19 PM']My point is that such an organization violates national sovereignity - I do not believe in principle in "world courts" dictating how America and other sovereign nations trade - just as I do not want America's foreign policy dictated by the U.N., or other transnational bodies.

And there is no guarantee that the decisions of such a "world court" will be fair, just, and disinterested - the members of such a court will represent the interests of those who put them in power.[/quote]

And this is exactly why the US is not a member of the world court.

alot of the poker players are upset about this because poker is considered a game of skill.
i play on fulltilt poker (shameless plug :)
but they still alow americans to play along with poker stars and a few others.
alot our hopeing that they will regulate it or at least carve out poker since it is a skilled game...