An Old School Catholic Message Board

Religious Vocation

friendofJPII

Religious Vocation Relief  

90 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I actually do a podcast focused on vocations. In it a lot of the topics discussed in this thread are brought up. Feel free to listen and offer any feedback of how I can make it better.

[url="http://www.vocationscast.com/"]http://www.vocationscast.com/[/url]

A Yearning Heart

well, firstly I don't know what my vocation is in life. It certainly hasn't been spelt out for me.

Secondly, I do sometimes have a strong inclination towards religious life-to be total Gods. I find the more I live a life faithful to the church, the more that feeling gets. It did used to freak me out quite a bit when I was younger-and was one of the reasons that I backed away from practising the faith (i was young and stupid). I used to hear the passage "they gave up mother, father, brothers...." and it would send chills down my spin! Back then, it really was a case of "there is noooooo way I could EVER do that".

Since then, I've noticed that the Lord has been leading me in very small steps towards serving Him. When I think of giving up everything or just having a religious vocation, it still freaks me out abit, but the most prominent thought that comes to mind during Adoration is to focus on Him and to leave it to Him.

I had a real struggle at the beginning of the year and was overwhelmed by how many orders there are. In that moment, I said Yes, but that He figure out and make it clear to me. I always liked Fransicans. I never had any inkling or desire towards Dominicans at all (I didn't know any). Since my Yes, I've been inundated with Dominincan brothers and sisters and have just been blown away. I like them, their life and the way they live their faith. I'm not sure if thats the way for me, but I am leaning strongly in that direction. Sometimes its still scary, sometimes I think, maybe I've imagine it-as the attraction disappears, but then other times, its the most calming, right feeling in the world. I guess we will see!

Maximilianus

I'm waiting for the Papa to approve a new military order based on the Augustinian rule.....

:sword:

Just kidding....no I'm not.....yeas I am....no...yes...maybe.

I totally cannot identify with the poll question or it's options, I'm in line with TeresaBenedicta post, except I'm not scared...just frustrated or anxious to get some finality to it all.