An Old School Catholic Message Board

Sisters Of St. Benedict Center, Slaves Of The Immaculate Heart Of Mary

Sr Mary Catharine OP

Freudentaumel

[quote name='brendan1104' post='1470873' date='Feb 29 2008, 02:42 AM']Let me begin by reminding everybody that this thread is about the Sisters of St. Benedict Center, and while in Still River, a separate community from those at [mod]Link removed. --Era Might[/mod][/quote]
Sorry, that was my fault.
It's quite confusing with all these St. Benedict Center Communities.

i get them confused too..
so tell me, are the ones i have on my Blog, the ones in good standing?
[url="http://vocation-station.blogspot.com/2008/02/slaves-of-immaculate-heart-of-mary.html"]http://vocation-station.blogspot.com/2008/...rt-of-mary.html[/url]
please let me know...i mean, they seem to be under the local Ordinary and the auxiliary? Bishop of Worcester well, he was at their chapel for confirmations.so..
pax

Edited by EJames2

Sr Mary Catharine OP

[quote name='EJames2' post='1471647' date='Feb 29 2008, 11:42 PM']i get them confused too..
so tell me, are the ones i have on my Blog, the ones in good standing?
[url="http://vocation-station.blogspot.com/2008/02/slaves-of-immaculate-heart-of-mary.html"]http://vocation-station.blogspot.com/2008/...rt-of-mary.html[/url]
please let me know...i mean, they seem to be under the local Ordinary and the auxiliary? Bishop of Worcester well, he was at their chapel for confirmations.so..
pax[/quote]

Both communities (they are separate but work together) are in good standing with the Diocese of Worcester and enjoy the personal support of the Bishop. Yes, he was there for Confirmations. His idea, BTW.

[quote name='Sr. Mary Catharine' post='1471834' date='Mar 1 2008, 10:21 AM']Both communities (they are separate but work together) are in good standing with the Diocese of Worcester and enjoy the personal support of the Bishop. Yes, he was there for Confirmations. His idea, BTW.[/quote]
thank-you Sister, but, if they are Both under the RC Bishop, and 'approved' as you say..why were all the links here removed??

Sr Mary Catharine OP

[quote name='EJames2' post='1472104' date='Mar 1 2008, 10:19 PM']thank-you Sister, but, if they are Both under the RC Bishop, and 'approved' as you say..why were all the links here removed??[/quote]

I emailed the moderator and assured him that they were OK. THere is a lot of controversy about them from the past and a lot of mis information on the internet about them. In justice to the communities it's only right that the information be set straight. That would be like holding it against the Sisters of Mary, Mother of the Church that they were sedevacantists in the past.

I was part of the community when they were regularized through the personal interest of a guy named Cardinal Ratzinger!

Removal of links does not necessarily imply anything about the order. Links are sometimes removed as a precaution when there are questions about the order's status in the Church and/or fidelity to Church teaching. The moderators rely on people who know about these orders to answer those questions.

Freudentaumel

[quote name='Era Might' post='1472161' date='Mar 2 2008, 07:38 AM']The moderators rely on people who know about these orders to answer those questions.[/quote]
It seems those people know better than the local bishop and the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith.

I did not see anything on their website from the local Bishop or the Holy See regarding their status. Those who have information about their status can discuss it in this thread or contact a moderator, but links are removed until that is clarified. This is done so that all orders promoted in the Vocation Station are known to be faithful. However, discussion of the order can still take place without links.

brendan1104

Era, the Sisters who this thread is dedicated to are the indult center for the local Diocese, and saintbenedict.com community is visited by the local ordinary bishop who does confirmations. Proof enough?

[quote name='Era Might' post='1472171' date='Mar 2 2008, 12:27 AM']I did not see anything on their website from the local Bishop or the Holy See regarding their status. Those who have information about their status can discuss it in this thread or contact a moderator, but links are removed until that is clarified. This is done so that all orders promoted in the Vocation Station are known to be faithful. However, discussion of the order can still take place without links.[/quote]

Freudentaumel

[quote name='Era Might' post='1472171' date='Mar 2 2008, 08:27 AM']I did not see anything on their website from the local Bishop or the Holy See regarding their status. Those who have information about their status can discuss it in this thread or contact a moderator, but links are removed until that is clarified. This is done so that all orders promoted in the Vocation Station are known to be faithful. However, discussion of the order can still take place without links.[/quote]
[url="http://198.87.234.92/vicar/ReligiousCommunities/tabid/478/Default.aspx"]Here[/url] is the religious vocations website of the Diocese of Worcester, which lists the Slaves of the Immaculate Heart of Mary as an approved religious community for women.

Also, if you go to the website that may not be linked (which is linked by the Diocese of Worcester in the link above), and click on "Multimedia - Slideshows" and then "Slideshow Archives", you can view a slideshow of the Bishop's visit (confirmation) in 2007 and listen to his sermon. If you go to the archives of 2005, you can see his visit before.
If you go to "Schedules - Newsletter Archives" and then "Fall 2004" you can see the visit by Bishop Rifan. The most recent newsletter is also about the confirmations by Bishop McManus.

By His Grace Alone

[quote name='Era Might' post='1472171' date='Mar 2 2008, 02:27 AM']I did not see anything on their website from the local Bishop or the Holy See regarding their status. Those who have information about their status can discuss it in this thread or contact a moderator, but links are removed until that is clarified. This is done so that all orders promoted in the Vocation Station are known to be faithful. However, discussion of the order can still take place without links.[/quote]

So, the word of Sister Mary Catherine, who is the Novice Mistress at the Dominican Monastery in Summit, NJ is not good enough? Even after she noted on this forum that she was educated by them AND was a Novice in that order? Even after she pointed out that they were regularized with the direct influence of the now POPE???!!