An Old School Catholic Message Board

Visiting Olam

sunnysideup

Wow!! Great pictures! Thanks!!

That's neat, there's a statue of St. Paul of the Cross in the parlor, or maybe St. Gabriel of Our Lady of Sorrows .. :saint:

Edited by Margaret Clare

[quote name='sunnysideup' post='1441643' date='Jan 3 2008, 02:47 PM']Yup! Sr. Anthony and Sr. Faustina are externs, but they both will have to go into the cloister for thier canonical (spelling?) year, that is what Sr. Cecilia is doing right now. Sr. Faustina will go in once the new postulant enterns as an extern and then Sr. Anthony will have to wait for either another sister to come out or another postulant to enter as an extern because there has to be five externs sisters. I hope that made sense... :rolleyes:

Your welcome for the pictures, I'm glad that you're all enjoying them.[/quote]

I'm glad they're requiring five externs now. There were a few weeks when there were temporarily only two of us, and I have never been so tired in my life. Even with four externs it was easy to get burnt out. I hope they keep that rule for a long time.

Sr Mary Catharine OP

[quote name='sunnysideup' post='1441405' date='Jan 2 2008, 11:14 PM']I just got back like 15 minutes ago but I couldn't wait to share Sr. Andrea's new name........ ready?

Sr. Anthony Marie of the Hidden Life of Jesus and Mary

Isn't it just beautiful!?! I especially love the title, I know that she really wanted Anthony too. She had a very strong devotion to him...so YAY FOR SISTER!!!

Other updates:
1. There's a new cloistered postulant, Sr. Giselle (pictures on olamshrine.com)
2. Sr. Sandra went into the cloister... I got to meet her, she is so joyful, sweet and cute!
3. Sr. Isabella left the cloister and is an extern sister
4. Sr. Theresa and Sr. Mary (postulants) left :(
5. Some of the sisters are trying to start a new community in San Antonio (I think that is the right place but I'm not positive). Anyways :sign: for them!
6. Sr. Faustina (zunshynn) is doing wonderfully, as are all the sisters!

Thats all for now, I had a wonderful trip and the best New Years EVER!! Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers :blowkiss:

P.S.- Pictures soon![/quote]

Thanks for sharing the pictures, etc. Always nice to see what the "neighbors" are up to! :-)
Maybe Totus Tuus knows, but why does everyone wear a rosary bracelet?

[quote name='Sr. Mary Catharine' post='1441679' date='Jan 3 2008, 03:43 PM']Thanks for sharing the pictures, etc. Always nice to see what the "neighbors" are up to! :-)
Maybe Totus Tuus knows, but why does everyone wear a rosary bracelet?[/quote]
This is just a guess..... I know that the rosary that is attached to their rope is a fransican crown rosary, not a [i]rosary[/i] rosary, so maybe they all get a bracelet so that they have a [i]rosary[/i] with them. I'm just guessing though :idontknow:

I seem to remember Mother Angelica saying it was the Chaplet of the Immaculate Conception, since that was the order's original name, but I could be wrong...

[quote name='Sr. Mary Catharine' post='1441679' date='Jan 3 2008, 03:43 PM']Thanks for sharing the pictures, etc. Always nice to see what the "neighbors" are up to! :-)
Maybe Totus Tuus knows, but why does everyone wear a rosary bracelet?[/quote]

They all get one because a sister makes them (she usually makes them for the investiture, with a medal of the sister's new patron). But not all the sisters wear them. It's optional.

They posted the pictures of the ceremony on the website!! Ahhh... WONDERFUL! :))
[url="http://www.olamshrine.com/PhotoGallery.htm"]http://www.olamshrine.com/PhotoGallery.htm[/url]

Don't you just love her hair? I could see when they were cutting it, they were all laughing and as Mother Vicar cut it Sister's hair got bigger and bigger, there was less weight to hold it down. By the time they put the cap on she looked like she had a fro! :lol_roll:

the lords sheep

Pictures are up!!!!!!!
[url="http://www.olamshrine.com/PhotoGallery.htm"]http://www.olamshrine.com/PhotoGallery.htm[/url]

Under 2008 Investetures! Enjoy!