An Old School Catholic Message Board

Visiting Olam

sunnysideup

I just thought that I would share my immense excitement with all of you.... I'm going to the Shrine of the Most Blessed Sacrament in 17 days to see my friend's (Sr. Andrea) investiture! YAY!!! It is only my second trip but I can't wait to go back... ahhhh! I'm soooo happy! :P I just thought I would share.

Anyway, please pray for Sr. Andrea as she prepares for her investiture (it's on January 1st) as well as the wonderful family that is letting me go with them. Thank you!

Love and Prayers :blowkiss:
sunnysideup

Edited by sunnysideup

[quote name='sunnysideup' post='1433593' date='Dec 13 2007, 12:20 AM']I just thought that I would share my immense excitement with all of you.... I'm going to the Shrine of the Most Blessed Sacrament in 17 days to see my friend's (Sr. Andrea) investiture! YAY!!! It is only my second trip but I can't wait to go back... ahhhh! I'm soooo happy! :P I just thought I would share.

Anyway, please pray for Sr. Andrea as she prepares for her investiture (it's on January 1st) as well as the wonderful family that is letting me go with them. Thank you!

Love and Prayers :blowkiss:
sunnysideup[/quote]

How wonderful! I will remember Sr. Andrea (and her family and friends) in my prayers. She certainly started off her last new year "right" and gets to do so again this year!

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you all for your prayers and well wishes. I leave in 16 hours...YAY!!!! I'll be sure to pray for you all and I promise to post pictures (if I can figure out how to :rolleyes: ).

Thanks again!!! :))
~sunnysideup

I just got back like 15 minutes ago but I couldn't wait to share Sr. Andrea's new name........ ready?

Sr. Anthony Marie of the Hidden Life of Jesus and Mary

Isn't it just beautiful!?! I especially love the title, I know that she really wanted Anthony too. She had a very strong devotion to him...so YAY FOR SISTER!!!

Other updates:
1. There's a new cloistered postulant, Sr. Giselle (pictures on olamshrine.com)
2. Sr. Sandra went into the cloister... I got to meet her, she is so joyful, sweet and cute!
3. Sr. Isabella left the cloister and is an extern sister
4. Sr. Theresa and Sr. Mary (postulants) left :(
5. Some of the sisters are trying to start a new community in San Antonio (I think that is the right place but I'm not positive). Anyways :sign: for them!
6. Sr. Faustina (zunshynn) is doing wonderfully, as are all the sisters!

Thats all for now, I had a wonderful trip and the best New Years EVER!! Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers :blowkiss:

P.S.- Pictures soon!

Anthony Marie of the HLofJ&M - beautiful name - so happy for her and all the sisters. Sr. Sandra & Sr. Giselle look like sweethearts, too!

Sad but unsurprised to hear about Sr's Mary and Theresa - I pray they discover more clearly God's will for them!

Thanks for the update! Can't wait for pics!

PICTURES!!!

[img]http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u74/sunnysideup426/TheShrineSrAnthony063.jpg[/img]
Sr. Anthony

[img]http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u74/sunnysideup426/TheShrineSrAnthony075.jpg[/img]
Sr. Anthony and me

[img]http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u74/sunnysideup426/TheShrineSrAnthony067.jpg[/img]
Sr. Cecilia

[img]http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u74/sunnysideup426/TheShrineSrAnthony068.jpg[/img]
Sr. Faustina and some of my friends

[img]http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u74/sunnysideup426/TheShrineSrAnthony070.jpg[/img]
The beautiful Shrine!

Hope you enjoyed 'em!

abiding-soul

[quote name='sunnysideup' post='1441604' date='Jan 3 2008, 01:52 PM']PICTURES!!!

Hope you enjoyed 'em![/quote]

Thank you for the updates & pictures. I echo DameAgnes in saying that the Sisters are very joyful. May God give the former Postulants the grace to know His will & seek it always.

May God bless & keep these wonderful Sisters now & always.

Sr Anthony looks absolutely radiant. What is it about a novice veil that just makes every one of them look so beautiful? It must be their own inner joy. Question: Sr. Cecilia is a cloistered nun, are Sr. Anthony and Sr. Faustina externs? Is that why they were outside of the grille? Thanks...and thanks for the terrific pics.

[quote name='DameAgnes' post='1441627' date='Jan 3 2008, 02:14 PM']Sr Anthony looks absolutely radiant. What is it about a novice veil that just makes every one of them look so beautiful? It must be their own inner joy. Question: Sr. Cecilia is a cloistered nun, are Sr. Anthony and Sr. Faustina externs? Is that why they were outside of the grille? Thanks...and thanks for the terrific pics.[/quote]

Yup! Sr. Anthony and Sr. Faustina are externs, but they both will have to go into the cloister for thier canonical (spelling?) year, that is what Sr. Cecilia is doing right now. Sr. Faustina will go in once the new postulant enterns as an extern and then Sr. Anthony will have to wait for either another sister to come out or another postulant to enter as an extern because there has to be five externs sisters. I hope that made sense... :rolleyes:

Your welcome for the pictures, I'm glad that you're all enjoying them.